Jump to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


ICTChris

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fs football is gone if "safety improvements" are needed. Absolute basket cases making these rules. They clearly dont understand what football means to fans 

Stuff like this was an inevitable consequence of councils having the power to determine COVID capacity while imposing and enforcing restrictions. 

Councils are never happier than when they're exercising some sort of power over people and businesses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Our no restrictions, is still going to have restrictions - isn’t it. Face masks are clearly going to be a given, they surely can’t justify anything else on top of this.

Proof of negative test or vaccination proof if events / venues want higher than baseline permitted numbers (capacity attendances). I can just feel it coming.

They’ll claim no business or individual are disadvantaged as businesses can choose to apply whichever numbers they wish and patrons have the choice of which way they prove their health status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

isn't most of the report concerned about the queueing shambles and you have chosen to highlight one samll part about covid distancing not being observed in the ground to try and make the council seem like scum when it was actually Aberdeen FC that organised a shambles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Stuff like this was an inevitable consequence of councils having the power to determine COVID capacity while imposing and enforcing restrictions. 

Councils are never happier than when they're exercising some sort of power over people and businesses. 

Councils don't set the capacity.

Clubs have to do their own safety assessments and determine how many fans are allowed in. Then they send that number to the council and they only check that the work was done by proper and qualified people and say yes or no to that work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could see us being subject to a COVID pass (similar to what I think has been used in Denmark) which would differ from England's in that, if you are not fully vaccinated, you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the event you are using it to attend.

Slightly different from a vaccine passport in that it at least gives people the option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Councils don't set the capacity.

Clubs have to do their own safety assessments and determine how many fans are allowed in. Then they send that number to the council and they only check that the work was done by proper and qualified people and say yes or no to that work.

Yes, but give any council jobsworth any little bit of authority and they’ll take a mile.

Just human nature.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

isn't most of the report concerned about the queueing shambles and you have chosen to highlight one samll part about covid distancing not being observed in the ground to try and make the council seem like scum when it was actually Aberdeen FC that organised a shambles.

Well, it was the Evening Express that chose to focus on the hugging part, I have to admit that I don't work for them so don't write their articles or headlines. I was just having a wee joke about people daring to hug being "scum, subhuman scum".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I could see us being subject to a COVID pass (similar to what I think has been used in Denmark) which would differ from England's in that, if you are not fully vaccinated, you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the event you are using it to attend.

Slightly different from a vaccine passport in that it at least gives people the option.

Pretty much how I think it’s gonna play out too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I could see us being subject to a COVID pass (similar to what I think has been used in Denmark) which would differ from England's in that, if you are not fully vaccinated, you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the event you are using it to attend.

Slightly different from a vaccine passport in that it at least gives people the option.

You think the SG are going to give young people the choice of missing out on events or shelling out £100+ a shot for a PCR? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Well, it was the Evening Express that chose to focus on the hugging part, I have to admit that I don't work for them so don't write their articles or headlines. I was just having a wee joke about people daring to hug being "scum, subhuman scum".

Wee jokes aren't allowed in the Coronavirus thread. It's all full pelt rage, all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

You think the SG are going to give young people the choice of missing out on events or shelling out £100+ a shot for a PCR? 

Bit of an exaggeration, cheapest are now under £50 and they could always choose to get vaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Proof of negative test or vaccination proof if events / venues want higher than baseline permitted numbers (capacity attendances). I can just feel it coming.

They’ll claim no business or individual are disadvantaged as businesses can choose to apply whichever numbers they wish and patrons have the choice of which way they prove their health status.

FWIW I got an email from the SRU this afternoon about the autumn Internationals (start 30 Oct) and the way I'm reading it is it will be full house at Murrayfield unless social distancing is re-introduced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If beyond level zero doesnt mean no rules, just advice (at worst) then these c***s have absolutely lost the plot.

Think face masks will stay for a while longer but anything after that as you say will be them losing the plot. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit of an exaggeration, cheapest are now under £50 and they could always choose to get vaccinated.

Well yeah, if these passports aren’t introduced until full vaccination has been offered 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Donathan said:

Well yeah, if these passports aren’t introduced until full vaccination has been offered 

That’s a fair point.  It’s also a fair point that anyone 18 or over who has not yet had their first jab is in that situation by choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s a fair point.  It’s also a fair point that anyone 18 or over who has not yet had their first jab is in that situation by choice.

Not necessarily. They may have had covid in the past 28 days or be medically exempt. I don’t really buy this idea that large swathes of the 18-30 population are genuinely too busy to get the vaccine though.

 

 

IMO, if you’re going to implement vaccine passports then you need to give at least a month’s notice for people to get their first dose and a further two months after that for the second dose so they’re a non-starter until at least Halloween time, albeit that may be an ideal time to implement them going into the winter season when respiratory viruses gain the upper hand 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Not necessarily. They may have had covid in the past 28 days or be medically exempt. I don’t really buy this idea that large swathes of the 18-30 population are genuinely too busy to get the vaccine though.

 

 

IMO, if you’re going to implement vaccine passports then you need to give at least a month’s notice for people to get their first dose and a further two months after that for the second dose so they’re a non-starter until at least Halloween time, albeit that may be an ideal time to implement them going into the winter season when respiratory viruses gain the upper hand 

I don’t buy the idea that they’re too busy.  Neither do I accept that the majority have had Covid in the last 28 days or have a genuine medical reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, but give any council jobsworth any little bit of authority and they’ll take a mile.

Just human nature.

Alternatively some underpaid council jobsworth is having to sign off on these capacities probably thinking if there's an outbreak following the game they'll be carrying the can for it. 

I don't envy people making these calls while there are still howls of derision from certain quarters not to allow people to do anything ever again. 

Morton are doing this with staggered entry times depending on where your surname is in alphabetical order FFS! Absolute lunacy for an outdoor event at less than 20% capacity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t buy the idea that they’re too busy.  Neither do I accept that the majority have had Covid in the last 28 days or have a genuine medical reason.

Absolutely no one said that this makes up the “majority” of the unvaccinated population. The “covid in the last 28 days” will be in the tens of thousands rather than the hundreds of thousands.
 

Medical contraindications to the vaccine are borderline unheard of. There are only a very small number of conditions which contraindicate these vaccines. 
 

If we are ranking the reasons why people over 18 have not had the vaccine, my gut feeling is that it would be along the lines of:

 

1. Apathy/don’t think they need it/can’t be arsed/think they’re too busy

2. Mild hesitancy over potential side effects

3. Covid in the last 28 days

4. Batshit mental anti-vaxxers

5. Medically exempt from the vaccine 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Left Back said:

FWIW I got an email from the SRU this afternoon about the autumn Internationals (start 30 Oct) and the way I'm reading it is it will be full house at Murrayfield unless social distancing is re-introduced.

Same with the SFA for the Moldova game in September. Selling tickets on Thursday on the basis of full capacity but will refund them and do a new sale if the rules don't allow it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...