Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I would assume it’s fair to imagine the majority are in for covid reasons only given the jump up we are seeing but it would be good to see a breakdown to see the vaccine effect but I guess ultimately they still need to have them isolated if they have covid but are in for a hip op as opposed to having any covid symptoms.

Tbf, didn’t Stobhill have some Covid outbreak the other day.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I mentioned this the other day, but it's unaceptable that we don't know how many of those 479 are in hospital for treatment of Covid, and how many have tested positive but are in for and receiving treatment for something else.

And as ever, during periods of increased transmission in the community, the likelihood of those going into hospital for any reason testing positive also increases.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

And as ever, during periods of increased transmission in the community, the likelihood of those going into hospital for any reason testing positive also increases.

Absolutely, which was where I was going with my question.

I think we are simply seeing the reality that Scotland had less infections during previous waves compared to the rest of the UK. The numbers can't and won't keep rising forever, so hopefully this peaks fairly soon which will be a key moment with society as open as it is currently, regardless of ongoing theatre.

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, Rugster said:
What was it?

What's the magic number when restrictions are reintroduced and shouldn't you be stopping crowds at TRNSMT, Football etc

The journalists seem absolutely desperate for any kind of comment that gives them a chance to write a clickbaity story with a big scary headline of "RESTRICTIONS ARE COMING BACK!".