Jump to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


ICTChris

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57961870

A prime example of what Panderilla mentioned.

I'm no fan of Javid or any of his cronies but in my mind he's got absolutely nothing to apologise for. 

The country really needs to get over this idea that you have to make allowances for every nutter who wants to feel offended by something or another and just tell them to GET A GRIP rather than pandering to them, otherwise we'll have a nation of people who will never ever speak their minds or give an honest assessment of anything, for fear of being attacked by someone or another.

It really is a very dangerous road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Even now, 18 months on, re-infections are only accounting for about 1% of cases. Pretty encouraging news really, but then we have known about this for a while, following on from studies into re-infections among NHS workers.

It’s actually aout half a percent that are potential re-infections.

I don’t think there’s any doubt that re-infections are happening but it’s a tiny number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Has there ever been confirmation that people can be reinfected after having already had covid?

There are certainly people who have previously returned a positive PCR going on to return a second positive PCR later in time.

That isn't, of course, the same thing as being "re-infected".

People who were once actually ill with Covid becoming actually ill again certainly seems extremely rare indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57961870

A prime example of what Panderilla mentioned.

I'm no fan of Javid or any of his cronies but in my mind he's got absolutely nothing to apologise for. 

The country really needs to get over this idea that you have to make allowances for every nutter who wants to feel offended by something or another and just tell them to GET A GRIP rather than pandering to them, otherwise we'll have a nation of people who will never ever speak their minds or give an honest assessment of anything, for fear of being attacked by someone or another.

It really is a very dangerous road.

The death of free speech will be the end of the right to criticise government and everything else. The "right not to be offended" is dangerous anti-democratic drivel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ not getting a vote for ‘poster of the year’ from this guy.  :(

I wouldn’t worry. I hardly think one vote would tip the scales for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Has there ever been confirmation that people can be reinfected after having already had covid?

An ex-pupil of mine that I'm FB Friends with has had it twice. She's in her early twenties and fit and healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's a culture war on here for The Simps.

See also the disgusting comments re a woman who was struggling to see her dying father, or people wanting restrictions to continue/ramp up for "the seethe" on here.

Definitely a few who are far too invested on This Thread and could do with taking a step back.

On behalf of the Simps, it is great to see you back posting, rather than just dotting.

On the “disgusting comments” point - i know you don’t want to answer, but I’ll ask again anyway (this will be either the third or forth time you have swerved it).   If your father was critically ill, and you were overseas, would you:

A) come straight back, or

B) go to Majorca for 10 days first.

Feel free to answer this really tough question whenever works for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

On behalf of the Simps, it is great to see you back posting, rather than just dotting.

On the “disgusting comments” point - i know you don’t want to answer, but I’ll ask again anyway (this will be either the third or forth time you have swerved it).   If your father was critically ill, and you were overseas, would you:

A) come straight back, or

B) go to Majorca for 10 days first.

Feel free to answer this really tough question whenever works for you.

Why are you so determined for my old man to be terminally ill? Please leave me alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It’s actually aout half a percent that are potential re-infections.

I don’t think there’s any doubt that re-infections are happening but it’s a tiny number.

Yup, and though that percentage will probably increase over time, it's highly likely they will be exceedingly mild in nature. This is how we move from the pandemic to Covid just being another shan virus like all the others we live alongside, as it will no longer be circulating in a naive population with no immunity. Hopefully the moon howlers will be able to understand this eventually. This would also have happened even without vaccines, it just would have been a lot more painful. Thankfully we don't have to worry about that prospect any more. Of course, all this is good news for places like Europe and the US - less so for the isolationist biosecurity states in the Far East and Australasia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Why are you so determined for my old man to be terminally ill? Please leave me alone.

Good answer.  You know your fake sympathy was misplaced, and don’t want to backtrack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

An ex-pupil of mine that I'm FB Friends with has had it twice. She's in her early twenties and fit and healthy.

Confirmed by two separate PCR tests, I assume...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Our Tesco is exactly the same, half of the shelves are empty and they're struggling with deliveries arriving apparently.

Like everything else though, the minute you announce "there's no need to panic buy", then there's only one thing liable to happen.

Human nature.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other day on Radio Scotland. They started a piece about potential supermarket shortages by correctly stating that the biggest lesson we learned last time was that the panic-buying wasn't necessary. They then proceeded to encourage listeners to phone in with their experience of shortages in real time, so the program was punctuated by the reading out of texts from concerned locals warning the nation that RS McColls in Tomintoul was out of bottled water etc. Ridiculous broadcasting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Good answer.  You know your fake sympathy was misplaced, and don’t want to backtrack.

You're a prime example of needing to take a step back from This Thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Confirmed by two separate PCR tests, I assume...

She's posted the pictures of the message she's received confirming she's positive both times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57961870

A prime example of what Panderilla mentioned.

I'm no fan of Javid or any of his cronies but in my mind he's got absolutely nothing to apologise for. 

The country really needs to get over this idea that you have to make allowances for every nutter who wants to feel offended by something or another and just tell them to GET A GRIP rather than pandering to them, otherwise we'll have a nation of people who will never ever speak their minds or give an honest assessment of anything, for fear of being attacked by someone or another.

It really is a very dangerous road.

Javid was absolutely spot on.

Why he needs to apologise is crazy.

The word ‘cower’ is very apt for so many people just now.

What I found most disturbing on my train journeys yesterday is that it is the young who seem to be most cowed and most conformist.

In my younger days it was the youth who were the rebels.

Very worrying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Javid was absolutely spot on.

Why he needs to apologise is crazy.

The word ‘cower’ is very apt for so many people just now.

What I found most disturbing on my train journeys yesterday is that it is the young who seem to be most cowed and most conformist.

In my younger days it was the youth who were the rebels.

Very worrying.

Why would they rebel against protecting an old man with unknown vax status on a train?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...