Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
45 minutes ago, Elixir said:
Meanwhile cases in England are down on this time last week. Must be the masks!

They aren't 33,900 last Wednesday compared to 35,800 today !

That's the figure for the UK as a whole. 

England is indeed marginally down. 

50 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That's the figure for the UK as a whole. 

England is indeed marginally down. 

Someone should tell them that the SG cares more though, which has to be worth lopping at least a hundred off those per 100k figures.

If only there was something that finished in Scotland before England (hence lower figures in early July) but has returned since, that could explain the disparity in the countries' trends. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Someone should tell them that the SG cares more though, which has to be worth lopping at least a hundred off those per 100k figures.

If only there was something that finished in Scotland before England (hence lower figures in early July) but has returned since, that could explain the disparity in the countries' trends. 

The football season?

Whoopsi.

Between 19 August 2021 and 25 August 2021, there have been 743 deaths within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test. This shows an increase of 13.4% compared to the previous 7 days.

Produced by Public Health England — Last updated on Wednesday 25 August 2021 at 4:00pm
Whoopsi ? Not sure what point your trying to make given your quote of a totally different set of stats to those being discussed.

I suspect we have a new alias in town !

45 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Times reporting a short circuit breaker being given as an option by the government advisors…. Someone stop me if you’ve heard this one before.

We just came out last October's '2 week circuit breaker' two weeks ago. lol

Woman at work today relayed the following. She has two girls, one in each of P1 and P2, they live together, go to breakfast club together and stay onsite together for after school club which is attended by pupils from 4 schools but they can't get their school picture together as it would mean breaking class bubbles. Of the many nonsense rules this is right up there. 

I said when the roadmap was announced that it was crazy having ‘freedom day’ a week before schools went back. Cases were bound to rise  giving the knicker wetters an opportunity to demand restrictions.

We should’ve used the 7 week school holidays as a breathing space to get everything open instead of sticking rigidly to the England +3 weeks strategy.

Need this wave to peak soon. All the foreshadowing is coming into place for a pathetic bedshitting from Scotgov.
There's no evidence to back that up. A few folk pishing their pants on here fuelled by a media who for whatever perverse reason seem hell bent on cranking this up to the max, they are quite literally gagging for a return of restrictions presumably as it's piss easy column filler.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The Times and The Sun both running this rumour.

The Times and The Sun are the same company. So one rumour = two stories.

I'm down south at the moment and things are 99 percent normal. I wore my mask in the hotel because the staff were, but that aside it's not been on at all. Shops, restaurants, museums. All mask free. 

Another 'circuit breaker' would represent an embarrassing and catastrophic failure from the Scottish Government. Almost as if delaying the loosening of restrictions to just before the schools returned was a dreadful idea...

There's no evidence to back that up. A few folk pishing their pants on here fuelled by a media who for whatever perverse reason seem hell bent on cranking this up to the max, they are quite literally gagging for a return of restrictions presumably as it's piss easy column filler.
Media drip feeding has been a hallmark of this entire pandemic so youl have to forgive me if they have suddenly started citing anomynous experts and their ideas that they are apparenrly feeding directly into the ear of the FM.

Seriously, il make no apology for being filled with the fear over this. I dont for a second think I am the worst affected by any stretch, but I will be fucking seething.

I cant quite belive your first sentence there tbh mate. I honestly dont know what to say to that, that wont come across as a dig or insulting.... Thats not my intention, I just think you must be absolutely at it there.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Times reporting a short circuit breaker being given as an option by the government advisors…. Someone stop me if you’ve heard this one before.

Generally hope people don’t listen to this if this happens and the SG deserve to lose every support going.