Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You put a fairly reasoned post up earlier which I didn't agree with but respected that you'd tried to put across your point of view. I've now asked you two very reasonable questions about your post and you've ignored both of them, instead opting for the troll route. Do you care to answer the questions or are you just here for a bite?

You asked:

Why did you get vaccinated just so restrictions could be imposed again? So you are less likely to get sick and die, they are not a magic wand.

Why did I go to the football? Because it was within the restrictions and I wanted to.

Finally you asked why do I want restrictions? I don't want restrictions I just believe there comes a point where the volume of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would require a prudent government to reimpose some of the public health measures.

Just read Sturgeon’s comments.  Sensible and balanced as I would expect from a responsible and accountable political leader.  Some of the responses on here exactly what I expect from edgy no-marks on social media.
Extract from the BBC website “She said that about half of all new cases were in people under the age of 25 with 34% of Tuesday's tally in the under 19s.”
If more in the lower age groups acted more responsibly and got vaccinated then the problem wouldn’t be so bad.

Plenty of folk in the under 25 age group will still be waiting for their second vaccine and the vast majority of the under 19 group weren't even allowed to get a vaccine until a few weeks ago.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

You asked:

Why did you get vaccinated just so restrictions could be imposed again? So you are less likely to get sick and die, they are not a magic wand.

Why did I go to the football? Because it was within the restrictions and I wanted to.

Finally you asked why do I want restrictions? I don't want restrictions I just believe there comes a point where the volume of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would require a prudent government to reimpose some of the public health measures.

It's nice to know you're capable of not being a dick. 

They're not a magic wand but we were told they were the route to normality. If I need to lock myself in my house again despite being fully vaccinated then they absolutely weren't the route to normality. 

I never asked why you went to the football, I asked why you wanted restrictions if you felt being outside watching the football was entirely safe (as you said your attendance there would not add to the woes of the NHS). How many cases/hospitalisations do you think we should reach before the government bans football fans attending matches? If the government doesn't put restrictions in place despite going past this number, would you isolate yourself and not attend matches to protect the NHS, or are you happy to go as long as there is no restriction on it?

I hope you are seeing what most are saying on here now - we're at the stage where personal responsibility needs to take over. If you don't feel safe you can stay at home, we don't need emergency powers being used forever on the entire population. 

9 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You asked:

The main point that most people on here are making is that the cases total is pretty much meaningless now. The link has been well and truly broken. Yes, there may be some hospitalisations and deaths but not in the same levels.

This graph shows it best.

image.thumb.png.58e21528fbbd180abe798a51380e92bf.png

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's nice to know you're capable of not being a dick. 

They're not a magic wand but we were told they were the route to normality. If I need to lock myself in my house again despite being fully vaccinated then they absolutely weren't the route to normality. 

I never asked why you went to the football, I asked why you wanted restrictions if you felt being outside watching the football was entirely safe (as you said your attendance there would not add to the woes of the NHS). How many cases/hospitalisations do you think we should reach before the government bans football fans attending matches? If the government doesn't put restrictions in place despite going past this number, would you isolate yourself and not attend matches to protect the NHS, or are you happy to go as long as there is no restriction on it?

I hope you are seeing what most are saying on here now - we're at the stage where personal responsibility needs to take over. If you don't feel safe you can stay at home, we don't need emergency powers being used forever on the entire population. 

Well I regret taking all the justifiable snark out of my polite answers to your idiot fucking questions which I should have continued to ignore. More fool me. 

Line beside C = Test has worked
Line beside T = Test is positive for covid
Line beside S = Test is invalid/inconclusive

So for a negative test you only want the line beside the C
Not quite

Line beside C only - Test has worked and is negative.
Lines beside C & T - Test has worked and is positive.
Line beside T only or no lines at all - Void test.

The S bit it just where you drop in the sample solution.

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The main point that most people on here are making is that the cases total is pretty much meaningless now. The link has been well and truly broken. Yes, there may be some hospitalisations and deaths but not in the same levels.

If I was only referencing cases or saying we should lockdown now you'd be right. But I'm not. I'm saying with the case rate as it is, and going into winter we are in a rubbish position and it would be totally justifiable to have the reimposition of some measures if hospitilations and deaths increase. 

Also, the need to refer to any measure at all as Lockdown! is really unhelpful, not aimed at you but that deliberate misdirection is rife. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Plenty of folk in the under 25 age group will still be waiting for their second vaccine and the vast majority of the under 19 group weren't even allowed to get a vaccine until a few weeks ago.

Disagree - they are all scum vermin

15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Bang on the money - this graph shows it perfectly.

I’m hoping the yellow line this time peaks lower than the 3rd wave, with cases peaking higher.  That will further illustrate the impact vaccinations are having. 

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'm not blaming folk, well other than the ones who are obviously at it and throwing homophobia about, I just disagree. We're coming to the end of summer, the hospitals are busy as f**k, the nurses and medics I know are properly strung out (worryingly so, like much worse than last year) the case rate is enormous and as far I can tell that's not a good position to be in.

Smaller numbers of cases getting seriously ill thanks to the vaccine is good news but if the case numbers are very high then the smaller percentages will play out as large and unmanageable numbers of patients and an unacceptable numbers of deaths. As if the numbers weren't already unacceptable enough.

I find the "if not know when" and "there must be an end point" arguments reductive. Often deliberately so. As if "learning to live with the virus" just means licking railings and pretending it doesn't matter or exist anymore. Learning to live with it means, in my opinion, accepting that reaching a level of infections/hospitalisations and deaths will require us to accept some restrictions on our way of life. Either imposed by legislation from government, by business to protect their staff and customers or because washing our hands, wearing a mask and keeping a distance from folk is the considerate thing to do.

I see @scottsdadargument about moving to common sense and individual responsibility and I'd love that to work. But that would require a unity of purpose and togetherness which just isn't there. Folk are doing, and will do out of spite, boredom, ignorance and a dislike of SG, whatever the f**k they like, and I fear this will lead to (further) disaster. If we wanted to do that, the Team5 Million thing, then we needed to have one government and one voice leading us. As it is we have one we elect who may have made errors but is trying and another which quite simply has never been arsed, other than when they realised how much money was up for grabs.

And yes it is different to last year. I went to the football the other week and everything.

tim.png

Covid is already well on its way to becoming no more problematic than any other respiratory illness we tolerate, and in future restrictions will absolutely not be required again, as they never have for essentially the entire history of western democratic society. Get yourself in the fucking bin.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just read Sturgeon’s comments.  Sensible and balanced as I would expect from a responsible and accountable political leader.  Some of the responses on here exactly what I expect from edgy no-marks on social media.

Extract from the BBC website “She said that about half of all new cases were in people under the age of 25 with 34% of Tuesday's tally in the under 19s.”

If more in the lower age groups acted more responsibly and got vaccinated then the problem wouldn’t be so bad.

Aye, those under the age of 25 are really at risk from ole Rona! It's not like they've had ample time to acquire it like the auld geriatric fuds either, is it?

7 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If I was only referencing cases or saying we should lockdown now you'd be right. But I'm not. I'm saying with the case rate as it is, and going into winter we are in a rubbish position and it would be totally justifiable to have the reimposition of some measures if hospitilations and deaths increase. 

Also, the need to refer to any measure at all as Lockdown! is really unhelpful, not aimed at you but that deliberate misdirection is rife. 

Just 'because winter' is not a given for Covid to run riot when there is so much immunity in the population.

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Bang on the money - this graph shows it perfectly.

I’m hoping the yellow line this time peaks lower than the 3rd wave, with cases peaking higher.  That will further illustrate the impact vaccinations are having. 

These ones show where the infections are rising age wise. Can't see it slowing down anytime in the immediate future but it certainly shouldn't see us go backwards.as far as restrictions go. 

Screenshot_20210824_174045_com.android.chrome.jpg

What measures would you reintroduce then? And what inpact on winter case rates would you (roughly) attribute to each?

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Just 'because winter' is not a given for Covid to run riot when there is so much immunity in the population.

Let's rule things out forever to make you feel a bit better just in case you feel you might hypothetically be very mildly inconvenienced in the future.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

What measures would you reintroduce then? And what inpact on winter case rates would you (roughly) attribute to each?

I'd shut this topic for a start.

23 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

What if hospitalisations/deaths amongst the vaccinated were small and the vast majority of these were the unvaccinated?  This seems to be the way things are heading.

9 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Let's rule things out forever to make you feel a bit better just in case you feel you might hypothetically be very mildly inconvenienced in the future.

I'd shut this topic for a start.

Dreadful contribution from the onset and showing no signs of improvement