Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Positive PCR for me.

See other members of your household can they stop self isolation if their test is negative? Or do they isolate fully?

I think they can only stop if negative but also double jagged. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I had a wee chat with some union reps yesterday, about companies/employers asking for your vaxx status. My own one fired round an email asking folk. Seemingly this is not legal, because under data protection rules they cannot store your answer anywhere. They are at it, trying to ensure they can put pressure on anyone who is contact traced.

Now for me like many my age and younger, getting the jag was never really about fear of covid outcomes, more just to be part of the herd and also any future benefits re isolation, so I would always choose to test and release. However, its murky waters if someone for whatever reason, tells the contact tracers, id prefer just to isolate. The release part comes with the need for a PCR and ongoing LFT testing. Were you to take the position that you do not want to take said tests, where would an employer stand on telling you that you have to?

I think it's all very unclear at the.moment and there needs to be some proper guidance issued.

However, if you've worked for your employer for less than two years, you can be dismissed for no reason, so long as it's not due to a protected characteristic; not having had a Covid vaccine isn't one of them.

There's also the "duty to protect others" argument, which would include staff and customers, so I think they could probably ask for your vaccine status as a requirement of working there and you refusing to provide it may be grounds for disciplinary procedures. I think this will end up being tested in a tribunal and probably court in the not so distant future.

I suspect they can probably also set their own requirements in terms of isolation after being contact traced, since the PCR/LFT option exists, you declining that option might mean what would be sick/isolation leave would become an unauthorised absence and hence subject to disciplinary proceedings.

I think it's going to take a legal case or some legislation to clarify this.

32 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I think it's all very unclear at the.moment and there needs to be some proper guidance issued.

However, if you've worked for your employer for less than two years, you can be dismissed for no reason, so long as it's not due to a protected characteristic; not having had a Covid vaccine isn't one of them.

There's also the "duty to protect others" argument, which would include staff and customers, so I think they could probably ask for your vaccine status as a requirement of working there and you refusing to provide it may be grounds for disciplinary procedures. I think this will end up being tested in a tribunal and probably court in the not so distant future.

I suspect they can probably also set their own requirements in terms of isolation after being contact traced, since the PCR/LFT option exists, you declining that option might mean what would be sick/isolation leave would become an unauthorised absence and hence subject to disciplinary proceedings.

I think it's going to take a legal case or some legislation to clarify this.

Yeah its muddy as f**k. Qn example used was, spouse/partner has confirmed virus and is laid up in bed unwell. Kids may continue to got to school in that circumstance but non school age kids, or pre/post school care may result in the burden being placed on more vulnerable (but presumably vaxxed) family members eg grandparents. 

Previously, it wouldnt have mattered because you, virus or no virus would have been given no choice having been legally required to isolate. Now there is a grey area of choice where the option is given to you to test and release, but is the same legal protection re isolation available to you should you wish to choose isolation instead because you believe circumstances make that the safer option..... 

Bit of a ramble but I think you can see where I am going. 

Daily Cases Update:  Day 15 in a row of case rises up a masive 15.67% to 249.9  I expect another huge rise of around 15% tomorrow as our 4th wave of infections continues. Followed by a similar rise the next day.   Infectivity up 7 ticks to 8.0%.    Cases will have then risen by 75% in only 5 days if my figures are correct !!!  

Northern Ireland then England then Scotland are now the top 3 infection spots in Europe.  But it is us that wont let Jonny foreigner tourist in without a zillion tests.

Dumfries Central somehow is still increasing and now up to 1,624 !!!  

Figures for Jags  1st Vaccines still pathetic  2,836 to 2,731 ,  2nd vaccines as bad  14,416 to 14,081  There are about 500,000 people still not double jagged who have had the 1st dose.  Considering only about 200,000 have been 1st jagged in the last 8 weeks then something is not working. Ie the gap should be much smaller.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 11th August to 17th August were 11,810 now 13,661 up 15.67%, Positivity was 7.3% now 8.0%.  Cases per 100K were 216.1 now 249.9 

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average 299.7 to 303.5 up 1.27%, England  308.2 to 310.4 up 0.71%, Wales 222.3 to 238.8 up 7.42%, Northern Ireland  512.0 to 525.2 up 2.58%

In Europe for travellers  Ireland 246.0 to 245.4 (Weekly change +3%),  France 252.9 to 242.0 (Weekly change -4%),  Greece  220.9 to 212.1 (Weekly change +1%), Switzerland 172.8 to 193.8 (weekly change +61%), Spain  197.1, to 171.3 (Weekly change -28%),  Portugal  158.7 to 159.2 (Weekly change +1%),   These are still the only main countries over 120 cases per 100K  Lower down the charts in the last week Germany has risen 62%, Bulgaria 70%, Serbia 75%, Albania 115%, Bosnia 125%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Dumfries & Galloway  381.7 to 447.1   Dumfries Central riddled and up again to 1,624 !! Council up over 50% in 3 days.

West Dunbartonshire 295.4 to 381.5  Up near 50% in only 2 days !!

East Renfrewshire  265.5 to 331.0 Up well over 50% in only 2 days !!!   Williamwood a contaminated heavily neighbourhood.

East Dunbartonshire  269.4 to 328.3 Up also close to 50% in 2 days !!

Inverclyde    273.8 to 320.5 

South Lanarkshire 267.4 to 320.4

Clackmannanshire   255.4 to 317.8

North Lanarkshire  288.4 to 316.0

North Ayrshire   289.0 to 310.6  

Argyll & Bute   259.9 to 306.7

Renfrewshire 216.8 to 258.7 to 302.1  Up 40% in 2 days.

Glasgow City  232.2 to 286.2 up 40% in 2 days

East Lothian  255.8 to 264.1  

City Of Edinburgh   221.0 to 261.0 

West Lothian   221.4 to 247.5

East Ayrshire 218.8 to 240.1

Scottish  Borders 189.2 to 231.7

Fife 215.4 to 230.1

Midlothian    180.4 to 214.7 

Falkirk 193.7 to 210.5

South Ayrshire   180.1 to 208.7

Stirling  152.0 to 207.3  Up over 36% on day

Dundee City 166.0 to 181.4

Highlands  155.0 to 175.0

Perth & Kinross   159.3 to 170.5

Angus  139.9 to 161.5

Western Isles   120.8 to 139.6

Aberdeen City   118.7 to 133.6

Aberdeenshire   116.2 to 126.9 

Moray  87.8 to 91.9 

Orkney Islands  49.1 to 44.6

Shetland Islands  26.2 to 35.0

Edited by superbigal

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I had a wee chat with some union reps yesterday, about companies/employers asking for your vaxx status. My own one fired round an email asking folk. Seemingly this is not legal, because under data protection rules they cannot store your answer anywhere.

This is mental.  Of course companies can store this information just like they can store information about allergies, disabilities and loads of other personal details.

Facebook etc. will also have this information just like P& B does with all these posters posting about being double jabbed.  Without getting all @Detournement here but nobody should be surprised with the information that companies hold on you in today's world.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The data which is proving it is in the dwindling number of hospitalisations and deaths.

That's the only required metric.

But that doesn't suit your tedious need to hog the moral high ground.

Correct - but without the data, it is all guesswork.

1 minute ago, strichener said:

This is mental.  Of course companies can store this information just like they can store information about allergies, disabilities and loads of other personal details.

Facebook etc. will also have this information just like P& B does with all these posters posting about being double jabbed.  Without getting all @Detournement here but nobody should be surprised with the information that companies hold on you in today's world.

Well it most certainly depends how you are asked, an email round the houses certainly doesnt do it, and the folk I spoke to were taking their lead from the TUC. 

If an occupational health dept asks you to provide medical details then sure, they will be held under all of the appropriate protocols

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Well it most certainly depends how you are asked, an email round the houses certainly doesnt do it, and the folk I spoke to were taking their lead from the TUC. 

If an occupational health dept asks you to provide medical details then sure, they will be held under all of the appropriate protocols

I would take my lead on storage of personal information from the ICO rather than a workers collective tbh.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You don't need mass testing of people to discover how many hospitalisations and deaths there are from covid.

No guess work is needed whatsoever to get that information.

Like I said before, collecting data is all well and good but when you are doing nothing constructive with it, you are wasting everyone's time and money.

You do need the data on cases if you are suggesting that the vaccine is what is causing the drop in hospitalisations and deaths.  

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average 299.7 to 303.5 up 1.27%, England  308.2 to 310.4 up 0.71%, Wales 222.3 to 238.8 up 7.42%, Northern Ireland  512.0 to 525.2 up 2.58%

This all suggest England has levelled of after fully opening up before us.  Scotland will pass the English number in next 2 days.  The Oirish continue to do their own thing.

56,000 1st Vaccines done yesterday in the UK.   This indicates as a share we should be doing at least 5,000 a day.   Piffling 2,731 today. Even Wales did 3,755 !!!

Edited by superbigal

52 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Surprised Karl Darlow wasn't plastered all over the media as an example that young people can get seriously too tbh. 

Meanwhile, in Australia, the clown running across a minefield display of public officials continues:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/20/sydney-faces-curfew-and-longer-lockdown-as-australias-delta-outbreak-grows

Berejiklian and chief health officer Kerry Chant have repeatedly and firmly denied the efficacy of curfews in recent weeks, but on Friday opted to introduce one from 9pm to 5am in 12 areas of the city.

“While the evidence of curfews is mixed, the evidence to a lot of these things is mixed,” Berejiklian said on Friday. “But I do not want us to have to look back and say we did not try, we did not put everything into it.”

Further proof if needed that restrictions are really about trying to show that you care more, rather than any legitimate public health reasons. 

People in these areas will also be limited to one hour of exercise, and NSW police will be given the power to lock down entire apartment blocks if there is an outbreak.

They've gone full zero-Covid psycho now. 

3a7.jpg.32b6ce3b005f17b051f35229a549b0e5.jpg

I remember laughing at China's reaction and how that would never fly in the western world. 

Step forward, Australia. Your little zero covid game's gone - accept it, start seriously vaccinating your population and quit the strongman nonsense. 

The unions feigning concern about the vulnerable and climate change while continuing a network-crippling, rolling strike every Sunday for months on end is truly laughable. They couldn't give a toss about either. 
If rail is such a vital public service then upon it being nationalised they should have their right to disruptive strike action removed as well. 
Scotrail have played a blinder with the press coverage of this. Nobody is actually on strike, and very few of their staff are contracted to work on a Sunday. Staff were given a payment if they worked on their days off on top of the overtime, but Scotrail withdrew that payment at the start of the pandemic. Staff are simply working to the terms of their contracts, the whole system relies on them working overtime on their off days.