Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

34 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Mentioning is not moaning. I have some good back and forth with many posters on here who I regularly disagree with. Occasionally, a post will merit a red dot because the content is obviously offensive, insulting or plain wrong. The vast majority of the time, I'll take the time to explain to the OP why I've done this - even when it should be obvious. 

What I do have an issue with is disrespectful wee shites without an original thought in their head who continually play the man rather the ball. I'm not moaning about Marshmallo, I just have contempt for him. Even Oaksoft has the balls to reply to posts he wants to down-vote (I think he may have done the same to up-vote, but that may have been a fever-dream).  Does it bother me? I'm not losing sleep, but I feel that the likes of Marshmallo and pedromoutinho, who I appear to have wronged in a previous life, are dragging the level of debate down by simple disrespect. On a forum with the likes ofDawson Park Boy,  bluebear and White Light (same poster?), that's quite a condemnation. 

The disrespect of a red dot on P&B. Good god man!

8 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Deary me, that's a reach, even for you. 😂

Typical.  Don't hold yourself to the same standards as you demand of others.

You have spent the morning moaning about how people interact on a message board -  that takes the debate down far more than someone giving out red dots.

For someone that is near retirement with sooooo much life experience you really are a sensitive soul.

Edited by strichener

The last few pages are complete chaos. Beautiful reading it must be said. 

Now I'm up and awake properly, if anybody is getting forum fight fatigue....

200 (1).gif

Edited by SANTAN

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Guidelines we're working to (from PHE) are defining close contact as <2m or <1m with mitigation (i.e. FRSM) for 15 minutes. 

There you go.

A greenie from me for telling us something interesting.

Don't say I don't have a soft side. :P

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Who was that chump the other day telling us Australia is amazing? I predicted this rather obvious chain of events months ago. Remember when Sridhar and her ilk were threatening winter lockdowns here for not having infection rates low enough? That worked out well again for one of her poster boys.

Australia and New Zealand will never be free fomr covid or from restrictions.

Never.

Because they'll never get enough vaccines in arms and because they have no natural immunity within the community (oooo that rhymes).

That's the price of having almost zero covid deaths.

Permanent lockdowns to keep 80 year olds alive for a few more months?

Worth it?

From the growing anger out there I'd suggest it's beginning to sink in to their population that this is never going to end for them and that the answer to that question might be turning towards "maybe not".

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

That bit in blue is fair enough.

Then in the same post you say the things in red.

You want respect from those posters but you don't want to have to go to the bother of respecting  them? :blink:

If you spoke to people in the pub the way you speak to some on here I suspect you'd be making regular trips at your local hospital.

For the avoidance of all doubt, when I red dot you, it's because you are either disrespecting me or another poster or because you are just ranting about nonsense. I can't think of any other incident. I don't generally issue greenies to people who behave like bloody animals on here (and on a few occasions you've been one of them) but I might have issued one to you at some point in the past. I can't remember.

Now, any chance we could all get back to talking shite about masks and other covid related pish?

Red - Whatever gave you the impression I want respect from the likes of you and Marshmallo? 

Green - The beauty of real life is that interaction with arseholes is much easier to avoid than it is online. Surely even you realise this?

Orange - Another one for your list of errands. Just one example of my "behaving like a bloody animal" will do.

Fúck me, what a state to get yourself into. "behave like bloody animals on here", ffs. 😂

1,686 new cases of COVID-19 reported  (1604 yesterday)

31,462 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

6.0% of these were positive (9.2% yesterday)

7 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive  (13 yesterday)

51 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 47)

529 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (unchanged)

3,987,074 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,010,505 have received their second dose

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

51 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 47)

529 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (unchanged)

3,987,074 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,010,505 have received their second dose

Six percent. Cracking.

I reckon we must be getting close to seeing the hospital numbers starting on a decent downward trajectory. They fell quite quickly last time once they got going, and with case numbers dropping consistently for the past 10 days or so (at least) I'd like to think that they won't be far away. They already look to have stabilised a fair bit.

Hibs are offering a click and collect for food for our game tomorrow night.  Thought buying food at the football was banned due to the current restrictions. 

Wonder if any other clubs in Scotland have been selling food. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibs are offering a click and collect for food for our game tomorrow night.  Thought buying food at the football was banned due to the current restrictions. 

Dalbeattie Star had catering on Saturday

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Are they harming you?

it might be completely pointless, but impacts not one jot on my life.

Not directly, but these lovejoy tits are the ones who will be calling for masks to remain.

14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Cigars oot. 

Can i make a suggestion? When comparing daily cases, it may be better to compare to the same day the previous week.

In this case week on week cases are down 36% from 2,636 last Wednesday, whilst yesterday was down 36.5%

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

There were food outlets at Cowdenbeath and Kinnoull

The only game iv been at this season with no food was at McDiarmid Park.

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Genrally seems the further up the pyramid you go, the less likely you are to get a pie

Theres been no food/drink at Hampden, Somerset and Rugby Park (my mate went last night). Its still available at any "junior" game I've been to recently. 

Got to laugh at the "pie stalls mean a queue!!!" argument for keeping them closed. My mate said there was a queue last night at the entry point to hand sanitise. Utter riddy rules set out for clubs, the sooner the pantomime for attending games is binned the better 

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Cigars oot. 

Can i make a suggestion? When comparing daily cases, it may be better to compare to the same day the previous week.

In this case week on week cases are down 36% from 2,636 last Wednesday, whilst yesterday was down 36.5%

Yes that's a good point. 

As you say the reductions are very pleasing.