Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well it's basically the thing that distinguishes us from toddlers, isn't it?

We tolerate a toddler kicking off in Tesco's because we recognise it as a necessary phase they'll emerge from once they develop an awareness of others, and alongside it a necessary self-consciousness.

A world in which adults demonstrate no such awareness, is not one I'd fancy inhabiting.

I thought you were better than this

1 hour ago, EH75 said:

Just resigned my SNP membership. Joined the party along with everyone else in the aftermath of the referendum but I really don't support the route they are taking currently with this and the nonsensical mixed messaging. I had been considering it for a while anyway as I no longer live in the country and always feel it is a bit dangerous to support a political party like they are a football team but the last few days nonsense was the final straw. Still pro independence and still view that ironically as the best way we will end up with a non SNP government but I'm not sure who I'd vote for in Scotland at the moment. None of the choices seem particularly appealing. Thankfully not a choice I will have to make any time soon.

It says on your profile that your location is Norfolk.

48 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

The longer the SNP policies nightmare goes on the more I’m certain there is going to be an effective splinter party coming down the line.

If someone like Joanna Cherry for example can’t take back the party she may just go and set up shop on her own and I dare say would have plenty backing.

You could be right and this might not necessarily be a bad thing. The problem in Scotland is that so much is now split down the constitutional question and so if you are pro independence then the SNP are the only show in town outwith the smaller fringe parties. Difficult to break the SNP hold on power though I mean we all saw what happened with the Alba party (lunatics admittedly without even going into the Salmond issue). Some actual competition for them from another strong party on the same side of the independence debate would be good for all concerned IMO. Easier said than done though and I don't know if someone like Cherry is the best person for the job but then I don't see too many candidates out there.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

It says on your profile that your location is Norfolk.

Well aye that is the case for now.  I mean hypothetically if I moved back in the near future I'm not sure where I'd put my vote. As I said at the end of the post not something I'll need to worry about at the moment. I could see myself living in Scotland again at some point and therefore I still take an interest in things going on at home but obviously can't complain too much as it doesn't affect me directly.

1 minute ago, EH75 said:

Well aye that is the case for now.  I mean hypothetically if I moved back in the near future I'm not sure where I'd put my vote. As I said at the end of the post not something I'll need to worry about at the moment. I could see myself living in Scotland again at some point and therefore I still take an interest in things going on at home but obviously can't complain too much as it doesn't affect me directly.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I was just pointing out to Granny that you weren't pretending otherwise.

4 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Fair enough.  This is not the right forum to discuss the logic or otherwise of your stance.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Fair enough.  This is not the right forum to discuss the logic or otherwise of your stance.

Not sure you are the right poster to be discussing the "logic or otherwise" of his political stance either tbh

Wondered how long it would be before you popped up with that.  I must admit I’m surprised it was quite so quick.

This isn't a dig at anyone, but the repeated "Hurumph, well won't be voting for the SNP or Sturgeon again" mewling is getting tiring already.

They do not give a f**k. They've just been voted back in and won't face the electorate again for years.

They do not give a f**k. Even before the pandemic, whatever has made you think that they are in anyway bothered about the 'enjoys football and going for a pint' demographic ?

They do not give a f**k. Especially, if you're going to abstain instead.

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Am I right in saying the written guidance still hasn't been produced?

It came out this morning. Still clear as mud in some instances. Eg. The main page says kids under 12 are exempt from face coverings, but when you click onto the specific face covering section it say under 5s are exempt.

Edited by Rugster

Daily Cases Update:  Day 31 of dropping cases a tiny 0.13% down to 142.4 cases per 100K.  We have bottomed out for now. Looks also England has bottomed out albeit at a much higher level nearly twice that of Scotland.

Dundee now the lowest of the 4 cities with an 86% fall in 1  month.

Lanarkshire makes it's way back to the top 2 spots where it spent most of last Autumn.  

News in Jags where 1st Vaccines rose from  2,185 to 2209   Still circa 355,000 to go.  2nd vaccines 19,353 down to 17,266

Total Cases Scotland 7 days from 28th July to 3rd August  were 7,794 now 7,784 down 0.13%.  Positivity was 5.6%  now 5.6%.   Cases per 100k were 142.4 now 142.4

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average   270.5 to 268.7 down 0.67%, England  283.7 to 282.1 down 0.56%, Wales 141.6 to 141.5 down 0.07%, Northern Ireland  455.1 to 445.3 down 2.15%

So that's the UK down for 13 days in a row.  Scotland 31 days, Wales 15 days, England 13 days and Northern Ireland 7 days

In Europe for travellers  Spain is top at 319.8 to 308.5, France 234.4 to 236.3, Greece 182.0 to 182.9, Ireland 176.9 to 179.5, Portugal 166.9 to 162.7, These are the only main countries over 111 cases per 100K

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

South Lanarkshire 207.0 to 205.4 

North Lanarkshire    201.7  to 191.7

North Ayrshire   181.0 to 188.5 Large rise of 12% in 2 days.

Inverclyde  214.1 to 188.2  Down 12.10% great day.

West Dunbartonshire  193.6 to 186.8

West Lothian  182.2 to 183.9

Midlothian  161.0 to 180.4  Up over 12%

East Lothian   143.7 to 159.4 Up near 11%

Fife   147.8 to 154.0

Glasgow City   152.8 to 153.4

Dumfries & Galloway  145.0 to 147.0  

East Dunbartonshire    140.7 to 144.4

City Of Edinburgh  137.8 to 139.9 

Renfrewshire  131.6 to 138.8

Stirling   126.5 to 136.1 

Aberdeen City   134.5 to 130.1

South Ayrshire 133.8 to 128.4

Dundee City 142.5 to 127.7  31st day in a row of dropping.  Huge over 10% today.

East Renfrewshire   124.9  to 127.0 

East Ayrshire    116.0 to 123.4

Clackmannanshire   140.4 to 122.8 Down over 20% in 2 days

Scottish  Borders   109.3 to 117.1  Up 17% in 2 days

Aberdeenshire   93.9 to 100.1  

Falkirk   108.4 to 98.4  Down near 10% and dip below 100

Argyll & Bute  90.1 to 94.8

Highlands  92.6 to 93.4

Angus   101.9 to 91.5   Down near 10% and dip below 100

Western Isles   90.6 to 86.8  

Perth & Kinross   86.9 to 81.0

Moray   79.4 to 71.0