Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Fuck Bannatyne's Gym.  The membership prices are a joke.  There's a Puregym getting built right next to the one in Inverness that'll hopefully see him lose some members.  Fucking Brexit cunt that he is.

Just resigned my SNP membership. Joined the party along with everyone else in the aftermath of the referendum but I really don't support the route they are taking currently with this and the nonsensical mixed messaging. I had been considering it for a while anyway as I no longer live in the country and always feel it is a bit dangerous to support a political party like they are a football team but the last few days nonsense was the final straw. Still pro independence and still view that ironically as the best way we will end up with a non SNP government but I'm not sure who I'd vote for in Scotland at the moment. None of the choices seem particularly appealing. Thankfully not a choice I will have to make any time soon.

Nipped into a shop there. Mask wearing about 50/50.

No-one seemed to be bothered either way which would be a good thing if the SG would just give everyone the option.

Too many maskphiles appear to view removing mask mandates and banning masks as synonymous I feel, which is why you get the wailing reactions.

16 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Just resigned my SNP membership. Joined the party along with everyone else in the aftermath of the referendum but I really don't support the route they are taking currently with this and the nonsensical mixed messaging. I had been considering it for a while anyway as I no longer live in the country and always feel it is a bit dangerous to support a political party like they are a football team but the last few days nonsense was the final straw. Still pro independence and still view that ironically as the best way we will end up with a non SNP government but I'm not sure who I'd vote for in Scotland at the moment. None of the choices seem particularly appealing. Thankfully not a choice I will have to make any time soon.

Same.  I'll probably abstain from voting and just vote yes in the next indy ref.

17 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Still pro independence and still view that ironically as the best way we will end up with a non SNP government but I'm not sure who I'd vote for in Scotland at the moment. None of the choices seem particularly appealing. Thankfully not a choice I will have to make any time soon.

The longer the SNP policies nightmare goes on the more I’m certain there is going to be an effective splinter party coming down the line.

If someone like Joanna Cherry for example can’t take back the party she may just go and set up shop on her own and I dare say would have plenty backing.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, WATTOO said:
I've asked this many times before but what is the end game here and when is it expected ?
We're in the summer, we're mostly all double jagged, the vulnerable are most certainly double jagged, the NHS is NOT under pressure, people AREN'T dying in any sort of huge numbers and the vaccine roll out across Europe has also caught up with the UK.
Yes, people ARE still dying but that's life, people are drowning at a high rate right now but do we ban swimming ?? what about fatalities on the road, do we ban cars and buses ??
So, what is likely to change next year or the year after from right now ??
Is this us stuck with community mask wearing and covid testing for travel as a new normal ??
Honestly, I'd like some answers to these questions but our media and opposition politicians don't appear either capable or interested, why ???

Shapps made comments yesterday along the lines of this will be the "new normal" for international travel with proof of Covid vaccination at least required world wide to allow you to travel from now on akin to Yellow fever etc. Confidence in travel is already fuked. Holidays to Green and Amber zones are being cancelled routinely by operators due to lack of demand which stems solely from a loss of customer confidence.

The big issue about travel is the recognition of vaccines. The USA, EU and UK don't recognise the vaccines the vast majority of the world is predominantly using so an new Iron Curtain based on vaccination has sprung up.

It's Trump's Muslim ban to the power ten.

Let me get this right - a private business takes a tougher stance than the SG guidelines, and that is somehow the SG’s fault?

There are many things to blame them for, but Bannatyne Gyms policies aren’t one of them. 

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The big issue about travel is the recognition of vaccines. The USA, EU and UK don't recognise the vaccines the vast majority of the world is predominantly using so an new Iron Curtain based on vaccination has sprung up.

It's Trump's Muslim ban to the power ten.

This is a good point, we're being quite insular in a way but you're right, the fact that the Russian and Chinese vaccines aren't being recognised / accepted is every bit as bad / idiotic as the AZ fiasco with the EU/ France.

The minute politics was brought into a public health crisis it all became a sham.

8 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Let me get this right - a private business takes a tougher stance than the SG guidelines, and that is somehow the SG’s fault?

There are many things to blame them for, but Bannatyne Gyms policies aren’t one of them. 

Agreed - it’s no different to a pub from Monday insisting on 2M distancing between tables even though it’s no longer required.

Their premises, they set the rules.

48 minutes ago, EH75 said:

ZWZKAWHLWAI6RC2HXUEXL7LBTE.jpg

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Anti-vaxxers having a head's gone over this.

58% of the UK population fully vaccinated. And meanwhile 70% of the population has had at least one dose. Bearing in mind the unvaccinated are predominately younger people that don't suffer from covid like the over 60s do, these stats highlight just how effective the vaccines are.

But no, 1700 fully-vaxxed people in hospital out of 35million and the Anti-vaxxers think they don't work. Screwballs.

The media are the ones stirring it up as well. Fucking scum.

6 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Agreed - it’s no different to a pub from Monday insisting on 2M distancing between tables even though it’s no longer required.

It is indirectly the governments fault.  These excess requirements are coming about because the government are laying down essentially minimum requirements.  If the government said you could go about your business without wearing a mask Bannatyne would likely fall in line but essentially he's being the p***k here.

I'd doubt any pub will be asking customers to 2m distance from Monday as there is no government mandated requirement for any distancing any more.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The media are the ones stirring it up as well. Fucking scum.

They've been like this throughout, absolute garbage for the most part and completely irresponsible at best.

16 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

It is different. They're excluding people from the premises. Not comparable to insisting on distancing. If someone genuinely cannot wear a mask for medical or mental health reasons it's discrimination.

You can't say no blacks, or no deaf people can come into your premises.  Same thing.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They've been like this throughout, absolute garbage for the most part and completely irresponsible at best.

Sky are the absolute worst c**ts.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Why would you think that?

Well it's basically the thing that distinguishes us from toddlers, isn't it?

We tolerate a toddler kicking off in Tesco because we recognise it as a necessary phase they'll emerge from once they develop an awareness of others, and alongside it a necessary self-consciousness.

A world in which adults demonstrate no such awareness, is not one I'd fancy inhabiting.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

It is different. They're excluding people from the premises. Not comparable to insisting on distancing. If someone genuinely cannot wear a mask for medical or mental health reasons it's discrimination.

You can't say no blacks, or no deaf people can come into your premises.  Same thing.

I beg to differ.

The infamous "Museum" in Dalry used to have a sign up stating, "No Blacks or Catholics permitted"

Granted, they didn't have their licence long, although long enough !!!!

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, pozbaird said:
You’d think so. I got into a series of e-mail exchanges with Bannatynes management, but my efforts ended when my MSP, in clear terms, told me Bannatynes, or anyone like them, can ignore the government guidelines. Where was I going to go after that? 

Start slaughtering them on social media. Purely because any negative publicity for the w**k Bannatyne would be mildly amusing

I disagree entirely with the action of Bannatyne’s but, apart from that, I find them to be a very well run organisation where everything is spotless and well maintained. What’s your problem with Bannatyne?

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Omission

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I disagree entirely with is action of Bannatyne’s but, apart from that, I find them to be a very well run organisation where everything is spotless and well maintained. What’s your problem with Bannatyne?

He's not an odious nationalist is my guess.