Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Vertical drinking not allowed and masks must be worn on a dance floor :lol:

They have lost the plot. 

They've never had the plot to lose in the first place.   They're a party of protest with an empty talent pool.   Unfit for government.

At this rate we must be getting a Friday update on all of this to clarify.

With changes coming on Monday and no one with a fucking clue how it’s going to work, surely she has to face the music / press and provide answers and justification for final decisions.

Anything less and she may just have dug her own political grave IMO.

Oh and btw - exam results due next week… This could be spectacular if it’s anything like last year. 

Edited by Abdul_Latif

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Fw0xM2t.png

This reminds me, took the kids to the Time Capsule last week. Exciting as the bairns love swimming and we've not been since this all started. Masks to be worn when travelling from the reception to the changing area. Fair enough I suppose. No showers before or after swimming though which was fucking weird. Anyway, we get changed and fire into the pool to find at least 4 or 5 folk wearing masks in the pool. 2 of which ended up falling off and bobbing up and down as the wave machine came on.

56 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If you can find a ledge to lean on are you classed as vertical? 

I await the Scottish government guidance with pictures of drinkers at various angles with ticks and crosses next to what is acceptable and what is not. 

What about if you are so blind drunk that you are never quite vertical at any stage?

Is that okay?

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Swinney needs to be told to wind his neck in is what I'm getting from this. 

Not the first time he’s done this, though cynically I think he’s being put out to test the water so the FM doesn’t look even more incompetent.

if his update is negatively received she denies it was ever the planned course of action.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Swinney needs to be told to wind his neck in is what I'm getting from this. 

He's always the patsy who gets sent out to defend the indefensible. U-turn on masks in hospitality and vertical drinking incoming.

Edited by welshbairn

Where are folk getting that table service only is retained ?

It wasn't in the list of specifically retained measures hence my understanding was it ends on Monday. There was never a mask requirement while eating or drinking so surely common sense says that on Monday you can order and drink a pint at a bar without wearing a mask. I don't see many pubs not following that exact same logic either.

Folk bang on about the "authoritarian state" and in virtually the same sentence moan about not being told exactly how things will be from Monday. I don't think it takes too much thought to see that come Monday you will be able to drink at a bar without the need to be seated. Masks will pretty much become redundant in pub settings whether they are actually retained or not. Any pub doing anything different will be pretty much shunned or will be basically operating by very cautious owners for a very cautious clientele.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What a pavlova this is.

It was always going to happen as well. Even that chinless c**t Mark Drakeford hasn't fucked this up.

Scotland is being humiliated by these clowns.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Where are folk getting that table service only is retained ?

It wasn't in the list of specifically retained measures hence my understanding was it ends on Monday. There was never a mask requirement while eating or drinking so surely common sense says that on Monday you can order and drink a pint at a bar without wearing a mask. I don't see many pubs not following that exact same logic either.

Folk bang on about the "authoritarian state" and in virtually the same sentence moan about not being told exactly how things will be from Monday. I don't think it takes too much thought to see that come Monday you will be able to drink at a bar without the need to be seated. Masks will pretty much become redundant in pub settings whether they are actually retained or not. Any pub doing anything different will be pretty much shunned or will be basically operating by very cautious owners for a very cautious clientele.

20 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

So still table service only in pubs I assume with no standing given the track and trace requirements, utter shite if so. 

Make your mind up please.