Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well today's update was as underwhelming as it was utterly predictable. 

Not a single thing in it was a surprise. The pace of progress is very frustrating but I'm amazed that anyone would be heads gone about it. Not because there's no reason to be pissed off but because it was never going to be any different.

I think the football crowds thing is a big surprise. All the mood music including from Leitch was that we were done with capacity restrictions. 

55 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Ironically independence is fast becoming the easiest way to boot out the SNP 

SNP would still be in power in an independent Scotland IMO. Who else could it be? It sure as hell wouldnt be the Tories, it wouldnt be the beyond useless Labour (sadly), it wouldnt be the libs or the greens. That just leaves outliers like the Alba party who struggled to get a vote amount that wasnt laughable 

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

SNP would still be in power in an independent Scotland IMO. Who else could it be? It sure as hell wouldnt be the Tories, it wouldnt be the beyond useless Labour (sadly), it wouldnt be the libs or the greens. That just leaves outliers like the Alba party who struggled to get a vote amount that wasnt laughable 

In an Independent Scotland there will be a realignment of political parties, possibly including some new ones.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

SNP would still be in power in an independent Scotland IMO. 

Well if that’s the case maybe I’m not pro Indy anymore… 

I mean not really, but the thought of them in power any longer than they have to be fills me with dread.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think the football crowds thing is a big surprise. All the mood music including from Leitch was that we were done with capacity restrictions. 

Wonder if that wee nyaff will be sent on OTB again to defend it. 

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Someone on our FB supporters page said catering will be open at Somerset on Saturday. Progress at last emoji849.png

At some grounds it's a blessing the catering is closed.

Yeah I agree. Ayr dont have the best options for me. It will be good to get a cuppa and a Mars bar at half time again though 🤣

45 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Fair enough. That said Scot Gov have maintained that it's now a local council decision rather than a government one. That's no surprise.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Fair enough. That said Scot Gov have maintained that it's now a local council decision rather than a government one. That's no surprise.

Well, no. It is a surprise, because as I said everything was pointing to capacity restrictions being lifted, not buck passing to the councils. 

Boy on Radio Scotland drive representing a couple of clubs in Glasgow (Garage i think) was missing a few tools.
1st he says you can't police masks on the dance floor.
Reporter then asks how drinking pints of lager on dance floor was policed.
He then said Emmm well masks while dancing will be dangerous. Imagine you did not know you were asthmatic !!!

What a prize one numpty to have representing your arguments.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Could be worse.

I could also be a sanctimonious p***k.

So it's not all bad news.

ETA. Given that you didn't spot the metaphor, I suspect I am also going to have to breastfeed you through the sanctimonious p***k dig.

I understood the metaphor. That’s how I knew you were a thick man child, pumped up by his own self importance.

Hope the nurses at the home give you extra jelly cups to try and cheer you up you miserable b*****d.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Boy on Radio Scotland drive representing a couple of clubs in Glasgow (Garage i think) was missing a few tools.
He then said Emmm well masks while dancing will be dangerous. Imagine you did not know you were asthmatic !!!

I don't think I've ever seen someone being 'policed' for having their drink with them on the dancefloor, presumably because this stopped happening in 1974. 

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Well, no. It is a surprise, because as I said everything was pointing to capacity restrictions being lifted, not buck passing to the councils. 

Sorry I've not put that well. I thought they'd already passed that buck to the councils. What I'm trying to say is that they're happy for it to be/remain someone else's call. 

I accept your point that many people felt as you did. Would have been better and indeed more accurate if my original post had said very little of today's announcement was a surprise.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

3 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Did anyone answer the point about how test and protect is meant to work in hospitality and wherever else when social distancing's not in place and you can (I assume) move around as you please? 

'Contact tracing' a population for an endemic virus, of which 90% of people are fully vaccinated against and who won't have to isolate if in contact with anyone testing positive anyway. We are beyond jumping the shark levels of theatre now. Thankfully most places can't be arsed doing this nonsense already anyway.

As they haven't even published 'the guidance' yet, we can only hope that ludicrous scenarios like masks in full hospitality settings will never actually happen and don't make Scotland a global laughing stock.

Do we think the clubs averaging crowds above 5,000 can set up fortnightly automated email applications to their respective local authorities to save the bother on box ticking?

57 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The SNP exist only as a recipient of votes to get a second independence referendum. Once independence is achieved , people might instead think they might not want to vote for the Lovejoy/Record European Drug Deaths party and actually vote for a party with the same socioeconomic outlook as themselves. 

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Anyone who has ever been in a club will know that removing people with drinks from the dancefloor is not exactly priority number 1.

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The SNP exist only as a recipient of votes to get a second independence referendum. Once independence is achieved , people might instead think they might not want to vote for the Lovejoy/Record European Drug Deaths party and actually vote for a party with the same socioeconomic outlook as themselves. 

I’ve made my thoughts on this very clear in the past and simply don’t accept we should abandon personal ideals to vote for a party we don’t agree with in the hope they get a referendum.

Scotland needs a few more legitimate independence parties now more now than ever to pick up the middle ground.