Coronavirus (COVID-19)

One of the reasons given for it taking a week between announcement of easing and it coming into force is to allow businesses etc. to prepare.

How are they meant to do that when the guidance hasn't been published yet? It should have been online as soon as the statement was finished.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
36 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You simply cant contact trace if you don't know whose been in contact with who. A list of names with customers free to walk around premises simply cant work hence my assumption that table service might still be mandated when the actual guidelines are published.

Customers can move between tables now:  as I did to get a better view of the game on Saturday night once some moronic egg-chasers with name and number on the back of their British Lions finally slithered off under the rock they came from.  As there's no seating plan kept in the first place or maintained, the contact tracing concept falls apart whether you have table service or not. 

The SG has quite simply made an absolute roaring c**t of this and the guidelines will be duly shambolic. 

My biggest issue with all this is that there doesn't appear to be any sort of end game ??

What are we trying to achieve ? (zero covid being impossible)

How do we expect to achieve whatever it is ?

When do we expect to achieve it ?

The whole thing has now reached farcical levels and i do believe that the majority have now "had it" as it were (I certainly have).

The vaccines were supposed to be "the holy grail" but they haven't really had any effect on the restrictions, so yet another lie.

Getting the serious illness and deaths under control was supposed to be the main target and reason for the restrictions, so we've achieved that, so now what ??

Is this forever ? What is suddenly going to change which will allow us to go back to clubbing, concerts, football, foreign holidays ????

These are the questions which need answered NOW and is a prime example of how useless our so called journalists and so called opposition politicians are in this pathetic country as none of them seem to be interested in putting this to the Governments of either Scotland or the wider UK !!!

The "hope" has virtually been drained away and when hope goes, there's nothing.

37 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Only the SG could make a much anticipated statement about the easing of all legal restrictions and end up creating a jumble of confusion and uncertainty.

Having listened to the statement I am neither confused or uncertain.  Maybe it’s an issue of intellect.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Having listened to the statement I am neither confused or uncertain.  Maybe it’s an issue of intellect.

What’s certain is that some people would give Nicola Sturgeon their first-born if she wanted them, and would ask no questions, because she’s ‘Oor Nicola’.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

What’s certain is that some people would give Nicola Sturgeon their first-born if she wanted them, and would ask no questions, because she’s ‘Oor Nicola’.

Christ don’t tell Boris Johnson!

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My biggest issue with all this is that there doesn't appear to be any sort of end game ??

What are we trying to achieve ? (zero covid being impossible)

How do we expect to achieve whatever it is ?

When do we expect to achieve it ?

The whole thing has now reached farcical levels and i do believe that the majority have now "had it" as it were (I certainly have).

The vaccines were supposed to be "the holy grail" but they haven't really had any effect on the restrictions, so yet another lie.

Getting the serious illness and deaths under control was supposed to be the main target and reason for the restrictions, so we've achieved that, so now what ??

Is this forever ? What is suddenly going to change which will allow us to go back to clubbing, concerts, football, foreign holidays ????

These are the questions which need answered NOW and is a prime example of how useless our so called journalists and so called opposition politicians are in this pathetic country as none of them seem to be interested in putting this to the Governments of either Scotland or the wider UK !!!

The "hope" has virtually been drained away and when hope goes, there's nothing.

Nippy just likes to control her sheep 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Or maybe it's because none of it affects you personally.

Most of today was about nightclubs.

Last time you went to one of those they were called "ballrooms".

So someone’s ability to understand a statement relates to the impact of the policies of the statement on that person, is that what you’re suggesting?

Pubs are not 'table service only' right now; about half in my experience of the past few weeks in the Riviera and Galloway are back to bar service (no standing though) while the pubs that have more staff are still running with table service. 
Lucky you, not a one like that down here or in Glasgow that I've been in.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It's obvious that for all our "gallus" shite,  we are actually a nation of fucking cowards. Take any generation in this country and cut it in half and you'll see the words "coward by birth" printed right across the face of it. 

I never bought into the gallus thing but I genuinely thought we were better than this. It's genuinely shocking to discover that our real character is the exact opposite.

What's been really interesting is watching the Lovejoys sneering at Libertarians from the "safety" of their chains and cages, genuinely thinking their chains somehow make them morally superior.  It's like watching caged budgies taking the piss out of pigeons for having the audacity to want to fly wherever they want.

Utterly bizarre behaviour.

Bang on oaky,just like voting against your own country standing on it's own two feet as a fully independent country 7yrs ago............

Guest Bob Mahelp

The 5K crowd rule is particularly disappointing. 

The SG have effectively abdicated responsibility and left everything in the hands of local authorities. As we saw at the weekend, the regulations they apply can be totally arbitrary and random .

Shambles. 

Appreciate that this is a discussion for another thread but I do wonder how the handling of COVID may be impacting on support for the SNP / independence. Spotted this earlier today which showed support for independence is way down.

Shows there are still plenty of dimwits out there who can’t grasp that independence is bigger than just one party.

4 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I doubt he knows who his first born is.

Imagine your mum sitting you down on your sixteenth birthday and telling you that Boris Johnson is your father.  You’d certainly lose any respect for her.

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Swinney saying that the details of the restrictions, masks nightclubs, karaoke etc aren't decided yet. 

Absolutely incredible. 

When I heard that about the karaoke first I was afraid, I was petrified…