Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The FM makes things perfectly clear - it's just that she expects folk to be at the same intellectual level as her - and we're obviously not!

She needs to talk down to our level more so we can take notes with our crayons

It's not Nicola's fault

5 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Did anyone answer the point about how test and protect is meant to work in hospitality and wherever else when social distancing's not in place and you can (I assume) move around as you please? 

Leaving aside the absolute ballache of having to do it, the "success" of it relies on a member of staff esssntially supervising it being completed as they walk you to your table.

Now picture a Friday night in a busy bar when you no longer need to be seated and get table service. There's not a chance in hell a member of staff will be able to oversee completion, and people aren't going to religiously fill it in off their own backs and risk having to isolate etc.

Pointless.

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The update for clubs and pubs seem a cluster f**k. No social distancing but wear masks? WHIT!

More importantly is the fucking karaoke back or no?

Karaoke is back, but the Scottish Government are mandating that only songs from one album can be sung. Staff in bars will be monitoring and admonishing any customers who break this rule and launch into ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey, or suchlike.

AC3F7289-4F16-469B-85F4-57A1E7788BDE.jpeg

Just now, The Moonster said:

Most places "track and trace" systems I have seen involve someone at the door saying "can you scan that QR code before going in" and absolutely nobody ensuring that you've actually done it. I assume most pubs will just continue this charade?

Yip, this is my take on it. It's been happening for a while now and there's no way a minimum wage member of staff is going to be chasing everyone up in a crowded pub/restaurant.

I’m going to be that they are still going to ask them to take contact info, won’t insist on table service or social distancing but you’ll need to wear a face covering when not sitting down.
Maybe they’re not just making it up as they go but it sure as f**k seems like it.

You simply cant contact trace if you don't know whose been in contact with who. A list of names with customers free to walk around premises simply cant work hence my assumption that table service might still be mandated when the actual guidelines are published.

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

No danger should anyone be entering the correct details into track and trace at this point. They could end up tracing an entire pub now that distancing etc is gone.

Huge step back - isn’t that what the rules were last summer? Eg - whole pubs isolating.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

No danger should anyone be entering the correct details into track and trace at this point. They could end up tracing an entire pub now that distancing etc is gone.

…but we’re all safe, we’ve to wear masks, so nothing to worry about. Funny though, if watching the Olympics is any guide, everyone in Japan is wearing a mask, yet their problem seems to be increasing. I cannot understand it. They should be fine and dandy. He said, with the merest hint of sarcasm.

37 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So still table service only in pubs I assume 

Pubs are not 'table service only' right now; about half in my experience of the past few weeks in the Riviera and Galloway are back to bar service (no standing though) while the pubs that have more staff are still running with table service.