Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Singapore has a similar vaccination rate to the UK and has just reinstated previously lifted restrictions based on far lower case counts.

Hahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I think you'll find TheJTS98 has assured all of us that Australia is the place to be.

Meanwhile cases in the UK are starting to fall away like snow aff a dyke:

He still hasn't returned his homework on the fact that 'maximum supression' countries will have epidemics even with sky high vaccine uptake if they want to reconnect with the outside world. Now he can't see why there will always be BMA tears to try and make their lives easier, pandemic or no pandemic. Funny as f**k, but tragic in equal measure.

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

Got my 2nd dose of pfizery goodness into me this morning...when do the superpowers kick in? ...

10 days after dose 1 you are supposed to be fine on hospitalisation and death against all known variants barring severe comorbidities. 10 days after dose 2 means you are much less likely to be even mildly symptomatic if infected. Natural immunity from prior infection is stronger in immune system response terms especially if combined with two doses of Pfizer/AZ so Boris and Nicola letting rip on case numbers may be about an unstated goal of building even stronger overall herd immunity before new variants emerge from elsewhere.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

A truly glorious day in the Capital sunshine yesterday. Princes Street as busy as it's been since the pandemic began. No-one bothering their arse with track and trace pish in the restaurant or bars we went to. Plenty folk with just the token gesture of their masks down under their chin in the new St James Quarter. It's blindingly obvious that increasingly more people are now just wanting to get their lives back.

PowttJS.gif

Growing up in Kirkcaldy with a name like Poppy, you certainly would grow up with a an entitled complex. No surprises to see it there in print, then. 

No more coke-fueled nights in Ocean Beach with Chief Creep Wayne Linekar for you, Poppy. 

Edited by Michael W

That's me fully AZ'd oot me tits as of this morning. Hopefully the unpleasant experience with side effects after the first dose is not repeated. Vax drop-in centre was dead, they almost seemed surprised to see someone rock up.

On a positive note, St Andrews looked like a normal busy summer day and thankfully not a mask to be seen down by the beach. Made me think of the preposterous scenes in lockdown 1.0, when we saw lone fishermen standing by the surf not within a kilometre of the nearest soul, being arrested by half a dozen policemen. 

10 days after dose 1 you are supposed to be fine on hospitalisation and death against all known variants barring severe comorbidities. 10 days after dose 2 means you are much less likely to be even mildly symptomatic if infected. Natural immunity from prior infection is stronger in immune system response terms especially if combined with two doses of Pfizer/AZ so Boris and Nicola letting rip on case numbers may be about an unstated goal of building even stronger overall herd immunity before new variants emerge from elsewhere.
So ten days from now I'll be back to licking door handles and the like, excellent.

14 minutes ago, super_carson said:
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So ten days from now I'll be back to licking door handles and the like, excellent.

Like anyone believes you ever stopped. 😁

58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Any Raith fans know Poppy Canny?

Poppy Canny sounds like what I imagine Geordies call an ice lolly.

"Influencer"😂

What an influence she must exert on her 3,229 Twitter followers.

34 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Now fully Pfizered.

WiFi signal in the flat seems more reliable too.

Better watch that doesn't have any interference with the Bill Gates microchip 

26 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

"Influencer"😂

In fairness to her with 18K on Instagram where the real influencing happens she’s probably getting about £200 to £300 a post for sponsored / promoted content…

A random lassie from Kirkcaldy opening a bag from ASOS and saying how much she likes the free haul for £300 or more is all the proof needed that the world is fucked.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

39 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

"Influencer"😂

She has over 18k on Instagram, which is the favoured platform for that lot. No idea if that's good or not. 

At either rate, she'll be needing a proper job soon with her vaccine refusal seeing her little holiday junkets gubbed. 

Edited by Michael W