Coronavirus (COVID-19)

48 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So how come Saints can't fill 2 sides of their ground when the Old Firm come to town?

Or when they play their "derby rivals"?

emoji8.png

Im not exactly saints official spokesman on the matter, but its a big game against a giant of european football, far bigger draw for most than the arse cheeks. I followed Turkish football for years, so even id be interested in going along to support Galatasaray. Id imagine there would be a fair few neutrals. 

Im not exactly saints official spokesman on the matter, but its a big game against a giant of european football, far bigger draw for most than the arse cheeks. I followed Turkish football for years, so even id be interested in going along to support Galatasaray. Id imagine there would be a fair few neutrals. 
I wasn't being serious with the questions.

21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

100% yes, but not sure why you'd expect more than that

Depends what people are off for especially working from home money should be given to make adjustments to their working equipment as a small example.

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We must be due the 'Echo' variant soon?  Been a few weeks since the last one.

They're out there...

8 coronavirus variants in the U.S.: Here’s what we know

Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Iota, Eta, Zeta  https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/07/09/8-coronavirus-variants-in-the-u-s-heres-what-we-know/

Beyond this is the next one of concern...Lambda!

The Lambda variant: Is it more infectious and can it escape vaccines?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-22/lambda-variant-is-it-more-infectious-can-it-escape-vaccines/100314508

Edited by scottsdad
added a link

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, Michael W said:
I still have it in case I'm forced to check in somewhere. Contact tracing has however been sacked off. 

You dont need the app to check in tbf

I can't be arsed with the wee bit paper and the sanitised pen tbh. 

36 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I can't be arsed with the wee bit paper and the sanitised pen tbh. 

You just check in using your phones browser tho. Camera ontot eh QR and it takes you to the website. No need for app

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You just check in using your phones browser tho. Camera ontot eh QR and it takes you to the website. No need for app

Depends where you are.  tried this in England and it doesn't work in a lot of places.  you have to have the app

1,825 new cases of COVID-19 reported (Figure yesterday was 1686. One week ago 2086)

33,280 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

6.0% of these were positive 

22 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 

58 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (51 yesterday, 47 one week ago).

488 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (529 yesterday, 543 one week ago).

3,989,927 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,028,271 have received their second dose

Case numbers and hospital numbers continue to decline. t.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

1,825 new cases of COVID-19 reported (Figure yesterday was 1686. One week ago 2086)

58 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (51 yesterday, 47 one week ago).

488 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (529 yesterday, 543 one week ago).

3,989,927 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,028,271 have received their second dose

Knowing that the sequence goes case - hospital - ICU - death, we're seeing the wave 3 in decline in the first two parts. Might take a wee while for the ICU and deaths to follow suit.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Far higher death figures than I was expecting there, but all the other metrics are looking good.

ICU numbers will be on the decline by this time next week, and you'd imagine death numbers should be down to far more reasonable levels in 10 days time or so. I really didn't think we'd be near six percent positivity this quickly either. That's good to see.

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Hospitals and ICU down a fair bit today

Sadly many will have left in a box

Win some lose some
IMG_1626959153.448976.jpg

Case numbers and hospital numbers are down again.

ICU numbers aren't down though. 58 today having been 51 yesterday and 47 a week ago. I expect they'll start to come down soon.

4 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

£800 on a dress for the end of school dance is fucking wild.

My current car cost less than that. And it gets more than one outing a year.