Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Seems remarkable to me.  "Graduations" from primary school? Kids being 'devastated' by having no school 'proms'? 

Its amazing that folk my age survived childhood and adolescence at all after being denied such essentials.  Can't be long before the ambulance-chasing heroes from Mssrs Sue, Grabbit and Runne have tv adverts set against a background of crying children surrounded by piles of unused party dresses and tuxedos.... something like "Was your school experience utterly destroyed by not graduating from nursery?  Life chances ruined by not going to a party? Email us now at chancingshysters.co.uk or outragedsnowflake.co.uk and we'll make sure you get what you deserve!" 

Mum launches petition to change COVID rules after parents banned from attending kids' nursery graduation

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/mum-launches-petition-change-covid-24230346

My daughter left nursery in 2015 and didn't have any of this pish.

Seems remarkable to me.  "Graduations" from primary school? Kids being 'devastated' by having no school 'proms'? 
Its amazing that folk my age survived childhood and adolescence at all after being denied such essentials.  Can't be long before the ambulance-chasing heroes from Mssrs Sue, Grabbit and Runne have tv adverts set against a background of crying children surrounded by piles of unused party dresses and tuxedos.... something like "Was your school experience utterly destroyed by not graduating from nursery?  Life chances ruined by not going to a party? Email us now at chancingshysters.co.uk or outragedsnowflake.co.uk and we'll make sure you get what you deserve!" 
FB maws missing out on bombarding their friends with pictures no-one can really be arsed looking at.

Result.

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's weird that the SG announced Turkish teams need to played at neutral venues five minutes after it became clear they would be playing St Johnstone rather than Celtic.....

TBF it was known as soon as the draw came out

I know that Saints had meetings with UEFA on Tuesday and the rules have been in place for months.

Just our luck to be the first Scottish club side to hit the problem. Our fans have missed so much of this glory period. Having missed 2 cup finals and now this we better get a good tie in the play offs of either competition. Id still rather have this than a glamour league game v Ayr and championship fixtures to look forward to.

38 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

So literally anyone in Scotland can travel to Carlisle and go to a packed nightclub (with zero Covid measures in place whatsoever) and go wherever they like in Scotland on return but regularly tested Galatasaray players can't fly in on a charter flight, get bussed to a hotel, play at McDairmid park, and then immediately fly back to Turkey? 😂 Turkey has extremely strict Covid measures in place (facemasks worn at all times outside your home, for example) - the fact that they only count symptomatic people as cases doesn't change that.

There must surely come a point where someone in the Government takes a step back and thinks "This makes no sense at all. What can we do to make it make sense?"

Given that Government ministers haven't been bothered about inconsistencies previously in the pandemic (remember the one about your mother not being allowed into your house unless she is your estate agent?)  I don't think they will start now.

12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Pingdemic getting worse.  17% rise in people isolating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57929162

ETA I never knew being pinged by the app was advisory and not enforceable.  Surprised people aren't just ignoring it, especially if it's affecting their livelihood

I'm surprised anyone still has the app.

32 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Were any of the teams that came to the UK for the Euros on the red list or was this issue avoided then due to luck of the draw?

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Turkey are the only European team on it and they didn't come here.

Let's not kid ourselves on that if Turkey had made the semi finals (or even the round of 16 game due to be played in Dublin but moved to Wembley) they would not have been allowed to play at Wembley. An utter sham.

Edited by Todd_is_God

ETA I never knew being pinged by the app was advisory and not enforceable.  Surprised people aren't just ignoring it, especially if it's affecting their livelihood

The problem is being instructed to do something by the NHS should never affect your livelihood. We are one fucked up country, 100% sick pay should be the bare minimum.

Aye sorry boss, can't come in, got pinged <sits in the garden in sunshine with beer>

44 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's weird that the SG announced Turkish teams need to played at neutral venues five minutes after it became clear they would be playing St Johnstone rather than Celtic.....

If by "five minutes after" you mean several months ago, then I agree.

I’m probably in the minority here but I find this a step too far. Elite athletes aren’t going to be dropping dead or getting seriously ill from covid. With so many BAME players in that league that’s another obstacle to get over

*cant get the link to add but it’s saying all premier league players and staff have to be double dosed by the time the season starts 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, virginton said:

They can't implement this policy by August 9th because nowhere near all adults will have even received two vaccinations by this point. Which is when it gets launched in the bin as discriminatory nonsense, yet again. 

Aye but until everyone is sufficiently vaccinated they can demand a test like they are currently requesting we take twice a week become mandatory and uploaded to your COVID app.