Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Erm what?

The fact that hospital admissions are absolutely miniscule compared to positive cases shows the vaccines work.

You are an utter lunatic.

He is, and from the “red dotting”, looks like Marshy agrees with him.  Not a surprise to be honest

48 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I thought he had been misheard and it should have been 16%! Seems not.

Vallance saying this wasnt especially helpful, but only because the media can't be trusted to interpret this figure correctly. 

Reminds me of when the media said there wasnt a link between AZ and blood clots, when there was (albeit a very small one)

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

I'm just glad he hasn't worn a black shirt. Might have looked a wee bit suspect. 

20210719_142345.jpg

This would have been an April Fool's in years gone past.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

If the vaccine was 100% fool proof then I could understand the need for vaccine certificates. The fact they arent and about 60% of those in hospital with covid atm are double dosed just shows how ridiculous it all is. Oh and something with a 99.9% survival rate now the elderly and vulnerable are double dosed. The country is gone

I legit know 5 people who've had it and are double dosed. 4 are from the same family and my mate today. Why would I lie? 

This is a statistical artefact. The vaccines are fantastic, but they are not perfect. As the overwhelming majority of the population gets vaccinated, then of course the small number of unfortunate people for whom they don't work as intended will end up in hospital, with some dying.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Incredible that detournament still can't see that "vaccine passports will be required x amount of time down the line" is to keep encouraging those still to be vaccinated to get it.

His head will explode when they are officially binned because the desired vaccine coverage has been reached.

An absolute scenes day again today in Embra, and when I saw this mentioned on Twitter I knew there would be heads gone stuff from him. Even in some parallel universe where these are anything but a short-term fad or shan coercion tactic to get the selfish cretins vaccinated, when the pandemic is over and healthcare capacity has normalised and nobody cares anymore, compliance/enforcement will go through the floor anyway, as was the case in Israel.

42 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I thought he had been misheard and it should have been 16%! Seems not.

See my post above. Absolutely shameful reporting from Sky, but then that's no real surprise.

He is, and from the “red dotting”, looks like Marshy agrees with him.  Not a surprise to be honest
Marshy is an attention-seeking welt who certainly shares missing dog posts from other countries on Facebook. Best ignored, or laughed at tbh.

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's true. Look at the death figures for last July. 

We will only know if the vaccine works when we get through the winter. 

Err, the virus is about ~100% more transmissable now compared to 12 months ago, and we know right now that the vaccines work brilliantly:

Stick to the conspiracies, bud.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant keep up with Detournement. Is he a anti vaxxer now?

Well, he's admitted to not having it.

Edited by Elixir

Just now, Day of the Lords said:
7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Marshy is an attention-seeking welt who certainly shares missing dog posts from other countries on Facebook. Best ignored, or laughed at tbh.

Oh, I’m laughing.  

It’s actually quite sweet.  

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What's the correct interpretation?

^^^ idiot found

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

This is a statistical artefact. The vaccines are fantastic, but they are not perfect. As the overwhelming majority of the population gets vaccinated, then of course the small number of unfortunate people for whom they don't work as intended will end up in hospital, with some dying.

Just now, Detournement said:

What's the correct interpretation?

You'd need to place the number in the context of the fact the vaccines are 90% effective. So that means for 10%, the vaccines won't work. The 60% come from that 10% where the vaccines don't work. 

Vaccine passports will be the next face masks. A crutch that some will absolutely kick and scream to make sure are kept, lest they, horror of horrors, share a venue with a filthy unvaccinated person
Surely no one is naive enough to think they will be limited to the football and gigs? Get pished in a dark pub all you want, but we must see this proof before you are allowed in a big stadium with plentiful natural ventilation. OK, then. 
And if it is some sort of ruse, then my opinion of Boris Johnson has sunk lower still. 
Get vaccine passports to f**k. 
This.

Fine for international travel - anything else can get in the fucking sea.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Vaccine passports will be the next face masks. A crutch that some will absolutely kick and scream to make sure are kept, lest they, horror of horrors, share a venue with a filthy unvaccinated person

Surely no one is naive enough to think they will be limited to the football and gigs? Get pished in a dark pub all you want, but we must see this proof before you are allowed in a big stadium with plentiful natural ventilation. OK, then. 

And if it is some sort of ruse, then my opinion of Boris Johnson has sunk lower still. 

Get vaccine passports to f**k. 

How will Scots and Irish access anything in England when we can’t use the English passport and don’t have an equivalent?

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That’s a huge difference.  It also begs the question as to what proportion of the remaining 40% had been fully vaccinated and what proportion had only had a single jab.