Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There are EU and UK government official documents about the benefits of Digital ID from before the pandemic. The vaccine certificate app has been designed to convert into a Digital ID.  

Both you and Elixir have a weird mindset where whatever is most convenient for you is the correct and inevitable course of action. In your case eg man made case climate change not being real. 

I disagree with 99%v of what you say on this thread, but that second paragraph is so bang on the money it is scary.

45 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So long as there is a medical exemption for people with compromised immunity and specifically no exemption for religious beliefs or being a right said fred fan, i’d be completely fine with a vaccine passport. Especially if they sorted it for folks who dont have smart phones. If it meant normality then brilliant. 

That's a huge if, but agree if it covers all bases then great also if it doesn't cost the tax payer much, we have already spunked plenty on Tory donors hopefully the existing apps can provide the functionality needed although it would need en masse reinstallation.

Vaccine passports will be the next face masks. A crutch that some will absolutely kick and scream to make sure are kept, lest they, horror of horrors, share a venue with a filthy unvaccinated person

Surely no one is naive enough to think they will be limited to the football and gigs? Get pished in a dark pub all you want, but we must see this proof before you are allowed in a big stadium with plentiful natural ventilation. OK, then. 

And if it is some sort of ruse, then my opinion of Boris Johnson has sunk lower still. 

Get vaccine passports to f**k. 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

😂

You two in your wee echo chamber is so cute

I’d completely forgotten you were a climate change denier.  

Pretty much allows me to put any opinion you might have straight in the bin. 

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Considering the majority of the population will have had two jags it’s not surprising that the majority of people in hospital have therefore had two jags.

We just need to focus on the fact that the amount of those people in hospital / dying is a fraction of the level it would have been without the vaccinations. 

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Considering the majority of the population will have had two jags it’s not surprising that the majority of people in hospital have therefore had two jags.

As long as it's contextualised. The headline number is flies to shit stuff for anti-vaxxers. 

The vaccines don't guard against every hospitalisation or infection, but they are effective at preventing serious illness. Without them, many of that 60% would've been statistics. 

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

We just need to focus on the fact that the amount of those people in hospital / dying is a fraction of the level it would have been without the vaccinations. 

No one was dying 12 months ago either. Even in Sweden and Belarus which didn't lockdown.

I disagree with 99%v of what you say on this thread, but that second paragraph is so bang on the money it is scary.
Quite ironic that you are agreeing with someone you disagree with 99 times put of 100 because its suits your own narrative there, given the subject matter of..... people agreeing with whatever suits their narrative

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Quite ironic that you are agreeing with someone you disagree with 99 times put of 100 because its suits your own narrative there, given the subject matter of..... people agreeing with whatever suits their narrative

That is ironic, isn’t it…

It's true. Look at the death figures for last July. 
We will only know if the vaccine works when we get through the winter. 
Erm what?

The fact that hospital admissions are absolutely miniscule compared to positive cases shows the vaccines work.

You are an utter lunatic.