Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Detournement said:

Just in case anyone is still confused that's it confirmed you either get injected with whatever the government of the day tell you to for the rest of your life or get excluded from society. 

Vaccinations will be the first criteria. It will inevitably be expanded into the benefits system, criminal justice and immigration before too long. 

Presumably including those who are told not to take the vaccine on medical grounds, a small proportion granted but still a shite state of affairs when it was ruled out already.

Second jab booked for August 11th, day before Saints host either PSV or Galatasaray. 

What a couple of days that'll be.

Just now, 101 said:

Presumably including those who are told not to take the vaccine on medical grounds, a small proportion granted but still a shite state of affairs when it was ruled out already.

They said medical exemptions will apply. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

In other words, probably oppose it but too scared to say. 

Ventilation is fast becoming the new silver bullet, isn't it? Other than opening all the windows, they have nothing here. 

Have they suggested putting the heating on full blast?

ETA: @welshbairn See the source image

Edited by Jacksgranda

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

It doesn't matter. Anyone with an exception will still need to use the Digital ID to prove it so they are still inside the system. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Second jab booked for August 11th, day before Saints host either PSV or Galatasaray. 

What a couple of days that'll be.

Hopefully you'll get a full 100% capacity crowd for that 2nd leg.

***do not read if your name is detournment***
Everyone else - guys I think we should plot to get detournment vaccinated just for a laugh. We’ll need to come up with some kind of mad scheme to get him somewhere and then get tynie armed with a dose of the good stuff. It’ll be brilliant to see him go spare. Then we can buy him a pint or something and everyone will just laugh it off. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

??

Covid has affected every aspect of our lives in unprecedented ways for coming on 18 months now. Dont you think it pretty normal that there are strong and varied opinions on the matter?

Or should everyone just shut up and eat their cereal?

No, I think that everyone is entitled to their opinion on this. 

I suggest though that you possibly turn your cereal eating fixation on those who shout down other opinions as 'lovejoys', 'simps' or  who PoSt lIkE tHiS aLl tHE TiMe.

There's an element of fanaticism/fundamentalism amongst some people's posting, that's all I'm saying. We have one regular poster on this thread who posts daily updates from a twitter account that backs up what he sees as fact, and then who shoots down all other twitter postings that he disagrees with. 

There's not a lot of useful discussion goes on in this thread anymore, but there's a hell of a lot of shouting. Smacks of too many people getting too angry about every single event. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

***do not read if your name is detournment***
Everyone else - guys I think we should plot to get detournment vaccinated just for a laugh. We’ll need to come up with some kind of mad scheme to get him somewhere and then get tynie armed with a dose of the good stuff. It’ll be brilliant to see him go spare. Then we can buy him a pint or something and everyone will just laugh it off. 

Wee Nicola hasn't said anything yet so I'm still ok for now. 

The SNP obviously have a dilemma about bringing in a Digital ID which will be controlled by Westminster Tories and their dodgy right wing Tech friends. 

42 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No you don’t.

Sadly I also know people who have had both jabs and have then had covid and some are still struggling. My wife being one of them. So much so she is up the hospital tomorrow as her breathing is pretty bad. Another work colleague now has an inhaler and that was after having two jabs. 

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I was talking to a polis I know and he said his full team at work tested positive despite being double vaccinated.

If the vaccine was 100% fool proof then I could understand the need for vaccine certificates. The fact they arent and about 60% of those in hospital with covid atm are double dosed just shows how ridiculous it all is. Oh and something with a 99.9% survival rate now the elderly and vulnerable are double dosed. The country is gone

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Mate, I've got a lot of sympathy for anyone like you who doesn't want to take the vaccine for whatever reason but you cross a line and destroy your own credibility when you deliberately lie like this to try and win an argument.

I legit know 5 people who've had it and are double dosed. 4 are from the same family and my mate today. Why would I lie? 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Mate, I've got a lot of sympathy for anyone like you who doesn't want to take the vaccine for whatever reason but you cross a line and destroy your own credibility when you deliberately lie like this to try and win an argument.

Why would he lie about this? It is happening to people who have been double dosed. Some I also know have had covid afterwards but also only just lost taste and smell or just a cough.