Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The reporting will now change to the "apparent policy" of infecting as many non vaccinated people as possible to get to this 90% herd immunity point in the next 6 to 8 weeks.
Therefore are the kids at more risk of downside of long covid against the risks of being vaccinated ?
Clearly the govt wants kids to be vaccinated.
Will be really interesting to see if the JCVI are purely looking at safety or also the knock on effects.

Also really interesting to see if Scotland can sustain the drop in infections against the predictions down South of at least doubling from where they are now to get to this 90%.

Scotgov does not seem to be as vocal about wanting kids vaccinated as the tories.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, PWL said:

Chatting to two work colleagues this week. Both female, under 30 and not been jagged. 

First one is 35 weeks pregnant and booked in for next week. Her view was that the advice was a bit up in the air so happier to wait till baby was just about done growing first. 

Second one is wanting another baby and decided to put off getting jag. 

Tricky as I can see both their points. And easy for me just to say get it and all will be fine. 

My daughter is 20 weeks pregnant and hasn't yet been vaccinated. 

She said exactly the same thing, that there was conflicting advice out there regarding vaccinations for pregnant women. She realises that the advice....at this moment....is that it's perfectly safe, but she remembers back 7 months when there were different opinions. 

Her mum and me have our own opinions, but we're not the ones carrying an unborn child so we allow our intelligent daughter to make her own mind up. 

My pal is 38 and he's not getting it. He had covid last year, was pretty ill with it for couple weeks but no long term effects. He's not anti Vax as such just feels all too quick and is trusting he's built natural immunity after having it. 

I wouldn't give it to my kids at this point. They've had all their other vaccines and get the flu one each year. The girls will get the HPV one in time.

They're healthy kids and risk of serious illness is low. 

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The reporting will now change to the "apparent policy" of infecting as many non vaccinated people as possible to get to this 90% herd immunity point in the next 6 to 8 weeks.
Therefore are the kids at more risk of downside of long covid against the risks of being vaccinated ?
Clearly the govt wants kids to be vaccinated.
Will be really interesting to see if the JCVI are purely looking at safety or also the knock on effects.

Also really interesting to see if Scotland can sustain the drop in infections against the predictions down South of at least doubling from where they are now to get to this 90%.

Scotgov does not seem to be as vocal about wanting kids vaccinated as the tories.

I posted before I read this!

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

"It's a disgrace, someone needs to review this!!!111"

*Humza instigates review*

"It's a disgrace, Humza is a clown!!!111"

Cracking stuff emoji23.png

The guy is doing right in reviewing the case, but it doesnt excuse his previous behavior. It was only last month he was caught lying about two things, including the dangerous statement about kids being in hospital with covid

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I'm wondering about this too. Will Scotland have to consider travel restrictions on the border?

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Absolutely the new restrictions on travel to and from France is political and it remains to be seen if Scotland and N Ireland follow England and Wales into quarantining travelers, I've seen nothing official yet from either that they will follow England and Wales.

But it's over this????

You really can't make this shit up.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20210717/how-widespread-in-france-is-the-beta-variant-of-covid/

'However the Beta variant (the South African variant) is reported to be responsible for a small number of France’s average 5,000 daily Covid-19 cases, and according to the French government’s app, TousAntiCovid, the percentage of Beta cases has even been reducing in recent weeks.

According to GISAID, which provides open-access data on Covid-19 variants, the Beta variant currently represents just 3.4% of cases in France.

Reunion island, in the Indian Ocean is the only part of France where the Beta variant is dominant and is responsible for most of the country’s cases.

The Delta variant, which was first discovered in India has rapidly become dominant in most parts of France as it did in the UK. It is reported to be responsible for around 70 percent of cases.

According to TousAntiCovid, the Beta and Gamma (Brasilian) variants represent just 9.7% of Covid-19 cases in France.'

The reason given is what you have stated. The reality, however, is simply continued deflection.

But yes, incredibly the Scottish Government confirmed last night that they too are rolling with it. Pathetic.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:
btw where are SAGE, have they all been told to go back to their regular jobs?

The real SAGE have advised the Government that a further opening up tomorrow and a closer move back to normality is preferable to a delay which won't achieve anything and instead would only serve to push things out into the autumn and winter. Granted, with the usual caveats of caution and uncertainty.

Of course, the public simply see Guardian headlines of '1,200 scientists say England's unlocking will cause the world to eat itself', without realising they're a collection of utter fringe crackpots.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

The bottom line is that the Government doesn't want people going on holiday but is too scared to say it. Can't have the plebs losing hope or having to face the travel companies demanding compensation because the government' s policies are bankrupting them. 

The green list is a total set up with most the countries on it inaccessible to Brits or heavily restricted, Majorca and Portugal got about 19 days on it before being revoked due to concern about rising cases numbers and a made-up scary variant. And then there's Amber plus France, which has been put on the list because of cases on a African island no-one in Britain would visit anyway. But, since it's part of France (the Balearics famously not being part of Spain), the whole country is binned. There is no other motivation here other than preventing people going on holiday; the justification is an abuse of facts.

The Benjamins will just continue rolling over in my bank account until the  pointless politics of continued international travel restrictions are largely in the bin where they belong. I imagine many others will be doing the same.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I remember the headlines about the vaccines performing well against the South African variant back in February.

Now they have changed the name are they hoping we forget that they have already told us they work?

Something very odd about this particular announcement that doesn't make sense.

It's pure deflection, and incredibly (or is it?) the Scottish Government are going along with it rather than calling out the utter nonsense that it is. A truly dreadful look it you one day want Scotland to be an EU member state.

Was looking through the rules on self-isolation and was a bit surprised to see the following on scotgovs website regarding face coverings.  If’s buts and maybes.

Evidence of the benefit of using face coverings to minimise the spread of coronavirus is limited. The Scottish Government has previously said there may be some benefit in wearing a facial covering in enclosed spaces, especially where physical distancing is more difficult and where there is a risk of close contact with multiple people.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect/pages/related-information/

19 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My pal is 38 and he's not getting it. He had covid last year, was pretty ill with it for couple weeks but no long term effects. He's not anti Vax as such just feels all too quick and is trusting he's built natural immunity after having it. 

I wouldn't give it to my kids at this point. They've had all their other vaccines and get the flu one each year. The girls will get the HPV one in time.

They're healthy kids and risk of serious illness is low. 

Sounds a bit “anti-vax but doesn’t want to admit it” to me.  I can’t think of anyone advocating vaccines for under 18s though I’m sure there are some out there.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sounds a bit “anti-vax but doesn’t want to admit it” to me.  I can’t think of anyone advocating vaccines for under 18s though I’m sure there are some out there.

He's wary of them but I say not anti Vax as children are vaxed.

Indie SAGE want all the kids vaccinated and were really going after the JVCI when one of its members said that the benefits of doing so were not proven. 

They were essentially accusing individuals of conducting a science experiment and that this was immoral. Then you had Gurdasani making an unsourced claim that 7% of kids suffer from long covid. Even the ONS' self reporting surgery put it at 0.5% having symptoms after 12 weeks. 

They are but one pressure group, but are an influential one given the amount of airtime they get on Channel 4.

Besides the usual clownery, Johnson isolating is pure theatre. He has had it and is now fully vaccinated ffs. 😂

Also a reminder that those who don't get vaccinated will still contribute to population level immunity when they are inevitably infected.

19 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Besides the usual clownery, Johnson isolating is pure theatre. He has had it and is now fully vaccinated ffs. 😂

Also a reminder that those who don't get vaccinated will still contribute to population level immunity when they are inevitably infected.

Are you saying that adults who have been infected shouldn’t get vaccinated?

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

clownery

Sadly this is the right wing media view of him, which in part got him in power thank to a "what's he like :lol:" brigade following.

He's a dangerous moron and sadly like a clown not entertaining in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Sadly this is the right wing media view of him, which in part got him in power thank to a "what's he like :lol:" brigade following.

He's a dangerous moron and sadly like a clown not entertaining in the slightest.

He’s not a clown.

A clown is a clever man pretending he’s a fool.  Johnson is a fool pretending he’s clever.