Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hang on.
Which government are you talking about and which specific cave in?
The Scottish government over that girl trying to see her dying dad yesterday?
Or Boris and Javid now agreeing to self-isolate?

UK one I think? Nothing on the BBC about the girl trying to get home since yesterday by the looks of it.

Had anyone seen this pilot be made public before or had the Tories decided if you worked in Number10/11 or Whitehall you no longer needed to self isolate if you were a contact, because that's what it seems to be.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The government has already caved in and u-turned. :lol:

Boris probably realised 10 days at Chequers without getting hassled by civil servants and that smart arse young pretender Sunak would be quite nice.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Had anyone seen this pilot be made public before or had the Tories decided if you worked in Number10/11 or Whitehall you no longer needed to self isolate if you were a contact, because that's what it seems to be.

Nah, there is an actual pilot scheme on the go, they just decided to try to attach themselves to it.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Hang on.

Which government are you talking about and which specific cave in?

The Scottish government over that girl trying to see her dying dad yesterday?

Or Boris and Javid now agreeing to self-isolate?

Johnson and Sunak.

What an utter c**t of it they've made. Clearly they were in the wrong, but again this is another example of a government unable to tough something out. 

Some "trial" this when the participants can just sack it off! Almost like it was convenient. 

It's remarkable* how these serpents' first instinct is to lie when, as already pointed out, a path of less resistance could have been to just say this is far from ideal, but we need to keep working. We'll do our best to distance but we have to continue.

*not remarkable, expected.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Boris probably realised 10 days at Chequers without getting hassled by civil servants and that smart arse young pretender Sunak would be quite nice.

Sounds like he is working from Number 10 and won't be able to get away for a holiday.

Just now, doulikefish said:

I've said nothing on the women's story but I'll share this with you.

My sister passed a couple of months ago she was a long term cancer sufferer.

We had family abroad and when it was pretty obvious it was end of life stuff they flew back to Scotland.A quick phone call by my brother to the covid helpline and we had a plan in place to get them out of quarantine and to visit my sister.

So basically they landed and we're taking to there hotel to quarantine and within an hour of checking in they had a visit from a testing team.Results confirmed as negative and authorities contacted and next day they visited my sister for the last time.

She actually passed away 2 days later and again another neg test and they attended her funeral

So basically instead of phoning the bbc she could have spent 5 mins on the phone to the proper authorities for guidance and had the hassle of a covid test on arrival and that's about it 

Sorry for your loss.

Glad to hear she had her loved ones with her at the end.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Nope, he got the call from Track and Trace at Chequers so he's staying there.

Oh Sky News making an arse of the reporting.

Edited by 101

I wonder why such a large number of younger people have not yet had a first jab.  Laziness, stupidity anti-vaxers?  Some other reason?

Some/many will have been unable to due to recent infection/self-isolation so it will be interesting to see what the rates are over the next few weeks when that is no longer an impediment.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder why such a large number of younger people have not yet had a first jab.  Laziness, stupidity anti-vaxers?  Some other reason?

Some/many will have been unable to due to recent infection/self-isolation so it will be interesting to see what the rates are over the next few weeks when that is no longer an impediment.

If you’re isolating and haven’t tested positive you can still be vaccinated.  You’re allowed to break isolation for medical appointments.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

4 weeks after infection yeh.

I know 2 people who are registered with a GP in Scotland but can't get their jags in England and I would have no idea what country they would be counted under.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Chatting to two work colleagues this week. Both female, under 30 and not been jagged. 

First one is 35 weeks pregnant and booked in for next week. Her view was that the advice was a bit up in the air so happier to wait till baby was just about done growing first. 

Second one is wanting another baby and decided to put off getting jag. 

Tricky as I can see both their points. And easy for me just to say get it and all will be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If you’re isolating and haven’t tested positive you can still be vaccinated.  You’re allowed to break isolation for medical appointments.

Didn’t know that.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

4 weeks after infection yeh.

I know 2 people who are registered with a GP in Scotland but can't get their jags in England and I would have no idea what country they would be counted under.

The sooner we get to near 100% vaccination the sooner we can hopefully get back to normality.

1 minute ago, PWL said:

Chatting to two work colleagues this week. Both female, under 30 and not been jagged. 

First one is 35 weeks pregnant and booked in for next week. Her view was that the advice was a bit up in the air so happier to wait till baby was just about done growing first. 

Second one is wanting another baby and decided to put off getting jag. 

Tricky as I can see both their points. And easy for me just to say get it and all will be fine. 

There will undoubtedly be folk with genuine concerns/reasons.  I doubt they would comprise more that one percent of the population.