Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some absolutely disgusting takes on here today regarding this woman’s situation. The lack of empathy is absolutely wild and genuinely makes me a mixture of furious and sad at the way this pandemic has made people.
Disgraceful.
Sanctimonious pish of the first degree.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
56 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Some absolutely disgusting takes on here today regarding this woman’s situation. The lack of empathy is absolutely wild and genuinely makes me a mixture of furious and sad at the way this pandemic has made people.
Disgraceful.

Sanctimonious pish of the first degree.

I am absolutely shocked, shocked to the core, that you are leaping to the defence of the rules set by SG. 

Pathetic, but entirely expected.

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

kek

Torygraph leaving out the word some there to get a much more sensationalist headline and the guy has already corrected  them on twitter to say he isn't an advisor for Sage either.

I am absolutely shocked, shocked to the core, that you are leaping to the defence of the rules set by SG. 
Pathetic, but entirely expected.
More sanctimonious pish.

Do you want sackcloth and ashes to go with it?

No-one is in the position to make a judgement about this case because they don't have the full facts.

All I see are crocodile tears from the usual suspects and their usual guilt-tripping nonsense.

Daily Cases Update:   Day 11 of dropping cases. Down an excellent 4.04% to 296.5 which is lower than the peak in January.   Infectivity also down to 9.3%. 

Strangely everyone in the top 25 except Renfrewshire dropping.  Down at the bottom in teuchter land they are all surging. In fact central Shitland is now almost up to Scotland's most dangerous neighbourhood.

Still expecting falls for the next 3 days at least.  Midlothian is now as low as 26th place in the UK table as parts of England continue their 3rd wave.  

Netherlands now romping clear in Europe, followed by England, Spain, Scotland and then a large gap to Portugal.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days from 78h July to 14th July  were  16,853 to 16,174 down 4.04%.  Positivity was 9.5%  now 9.3%.   Cases per 100k were  308.5 now 296.5

Home Nations Daily update  (2 Days) :  UK Average 336.7 to 359.2 up 6.68%, England 350.3 to 378.7 up 8.11%, Wales 159.3 to 167.8 up 5.34%, Northern Ireland   204.9 to 210.6 up 2.79%

New temporary source for Mainland Europe

Latest European figures today.   Netherlands 373.8 to 399.2 , Spain 328.9 to 348.6 , Portugal 205.6 to 209.0, Greece 168.7 to 175.3

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Midlothian 587.3 to 534.3  Excellent down over 16% in 2 days.

Dundee City   498.3 to 454.7   11th day in a row of dropping, overall over 50%

Angus  426.9 to 395.9

City Of Edinburgh  407.5 to 388.6  11th day in a row of dropping.

Inverclyde  430.6 to 385.6  Down over 10% superb

East Lothian 404.3 to 372.6

Renfrewshire   332.8 to 352.3  Up near 6% WTF

East Renfrewshire   360.1 to 349.6

North Lanarkshire    369.4 to 349.5  

Glasgow City  356.8 to 342.4

Fife  323.1 to 318.3 

Perth & Kinross   314.6  to 298.8 

West Lothian    320.6 to 296.6 

Aberdeen City  298.2 to 289.5   

West Dunbartonshire  332.8 to 285.6 Down excellent 21% in 2 days

Falkirk  297.1 to 266.6 Down excellent over 10% 

East Dunbartonshire  262.3 to 254.1 

South Lanarkshire   250.8 to 247.7  

Stirling  229.3  to 218.7

Scottish  Borders    206.9 to 202.6 

Highlands   202.3 to 199.3 

Aberdeenshire    199.1 to 196.0

North Ayrshire  195.9 to 187.0 

South Ayrshire  188.3 to 183.8  

East Ayrshire   181.1 to 174.6

Shetland Islands   144.0 to 174.5

Moray  157.6 to 162.8

Clackmannanshire   155.2 to 157.2

Dumfries & Galloway  127.0 to 144.4

Argyll & Bute    138.6 to 139.7

Orkney Islands    121.2 to 85.3

Western Isles    44.9 to 63.6

I hope none of the people scoring points off a young lassie and her terminally ill fathers struggle to see eachother 1 last time, ever have to walk even a yard in their shoes.

Tbf both "sides" of the argument in this thread have spent hours pointscoring over this shite situation for different reasons. Numerous folk have been utterly losing their shit over Welshbairn making what appears to be a dispassionate, factually correct post. Wild.

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Tbf both "sides" of the argument in this thread have spent hours pointscoring over this shite situation for different reasons. Numerous folk have been utterly losing their shit over Welshbairn making what appears to be a dispassionate, factually correct post. Wild.

image.thumb.png.7be2e97911675cf920fb90218535e3cb.png

So, in one fell swoop the case for mask wearing by law has been decimated.
Independent Sage member Trisha Greenhaugh has very recently published work showing that covid is largely transmitted in smaller particles and NOT droplets as [mention=26640]SoapMactavish[/mention] tried to convince us. She has also very recently published that mask effectiveness is patchy and that "morality" is the key driver for continuing to enforce them  and this guy Axon has confirmed that tiny particle transmission is the key method of spreading covid and that large droplets are a tiny part of the picture and has told us what we all know which is that the masks most of the public have been wearing don't stop transmission or reception of these tinier particles and so are essentially ineffective against covid. And finally, he's booted these medical experts right in the pie with his comments about their cartoonish view of the world of viruses.
Glorious stuff.
Now someone needs to explain all of that to Leitch and Sturgeon and get these fucking things in the recycling bins where they belong.
Here's where I am with masks.

They offer absolutely no protection for the wearer - they are only there to prevent larger particles spreading from coughing and sneezing. Given that there are a significant number of clatty b*****ds that don't cover their face when they sneeze or cough then I get why it might have been one tool for governments to use.

However, by having exemptions and a lack of real compulsion to enforce mask-wearing I just think they are absolutely useless as a strategy. That's not just my recent opinion but the experience we've had with masks in education over the past year. Firstly, the ludicrous policy of adults only wearing them, then the pupils wearing them but having exemptions and lastly the difficulty in getting compliance once pupils left the classroom.

And don't start me on compliance elsewhere. As a policy and strategy it's been completely ineffective.

The only scope I see for mask use is where it is a matter of life and death and can be enforced eg medical settings and hospitals.

This.

Yousaf has ordered the case of the girl in Spain to be reviewed. Whether you agree or not, this potentially could be a bit of an embarrassing climbdown for the SG.
Looks like a decision made by a civil servant - it won't be the first time where that's been overridden by political realities.

I did say this would happen.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Disgraceful.

I feel like it's been a watershed moment on this thread. The Simps have been out of control and their tone and messaging today has been hideous. This was an inevitable conclusion of their Simping but it's still outrageous.

16 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Yousaf has ordered the case of the girl in Spain to be reviewed. Whether you agree or not, this potentially could be a bit of an embarrassing climbdown for the SG.

Makes Clownshoes look like a complete fucking tit yet again, so there’s that.

Hopefully the review doesn’t take too long given the circumstances.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
16 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Looks like a decision made by a civil servant - it won't bevthe first time where that's been overridden by political realities.

So the situation was OK but now it's bad because one of your idols has shat his pants over it. Colour me stunned!

So the situation was OK but now it's bad because one of your idols has shat his pants over it. Colour me stunned!
Try reading you buffoon.

I did say the politicians would step in today.

Jupe got it spot on by the way regards Welshbairn.

Some people need to get off their sanctimonious high horses and quit the fucking crocodile tears.

24 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Needs more swearing imo