Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I totally missed the thread being hidden there.  I'm guessing around the mask/no mask conversation.

Last time it was hidden was around that time the list of The Main Players that was doing the rounds on PM, and got posted in this thread. Ridiculous thing for someone to get their knickers in a twist about really.

Edited by Marshmallo

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

As the person who started this thread I feel kind of responsible for it. Clearly some people have gone absolutely pangolinshit mental due to it. If the Covid discussion had been spread around loads of individual threads I don’t think this would’ve happened.

A lot of posters minds have been melted by it all but to be fair most of those people didn’t have much to melt in the first place.

FTFY

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The worst people in all of this are not the people who don't care.

It's the people pretending they give a shit about others when really it's all about themselves.

We haven't just invented immuno-suppressed or vulnerable people.

They've been with us since time began.

Where was all this public concern about them before covid turned up when we were all passing on every plague known to man without a seconds thought?

Where was the public demand for masking up?

Where was the outrage at people not taking their flu vaccines?

I'll tell you where. It was nowhere.

And THAT is because covid brought home to a lot of people that maybe this is something THEY and their families could personally catch and die. It has nothing to do with worrying about "the vulnerable".

Nowt wrong with worrying about your own mortality but if you virtue signallers could spare us the bullshit that would be just great.

Thanks.

Sorry, matey. Just because you're a selfish cúnt, don't go telling the rest of us that we are as well. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

And these two posts tells another side of the story.

There are clearly people out there who are absolutely fucking loving all of this because it's giving them something to talk about in 50 years time to awe-struck kids wanting to hear stories of our equivalent of World War 2.

That's in addition to being able to post photos of themselves virtue signalling. It's a win all the way.

Think about it. At the most important events so far of your young lives you can't get much more "caring" than wearing a mask to "think of others". What else is ever going to get you a shit ton of Instagram and Facebook likes?

It's utterly nauseating.

You really believe that, don't you?

Just now, Detournement said:

Rangers are demanding a negative LFT result to get into Ibrox tommorow.

Absolutely pointless as you can get the required result without actually doing the test.

I would be very happy with places needing that rather than a PCR. Just dip it in some tap water, get your negative result and bingo. Alternatively don’t even bother taking the test and just say it was negative. Doubt they’re asking you to take along the test stick.

57 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

As the person who started this thread I feel kind of responsible for it. Clearly some people have gone absolutely batshit mental due to it. If the Covid discussion had been spread around loads of individual threads I don’t think this would’ve happened.

A lot of posters minds have been melted by it all but to be fair most of those people didn’t have much to melt in the first place.

Don't you worry - I'm sure you'll not become known as P&B's Oppenheimer.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Rangers are demanding a negative LFT result to get into Ibrox tommorow.

Absolutely pointless as you can get the required result without actually doing the test.

It's another step in their rabble rousing culture war against the SNP and "Krankie". Means they can put out a statement next week when they get refused additional capacity for the Livi game saying they went above & beyond with testing etc which wasn't required for the Euros games at Hampden but were still only limited to 2,000.

They'd have a point if they said that tbf but it won't be made in good faith.

14 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Those posts from oaksoft are proper ocean floor stuff, please delete the thread him so I do t have to read them again

FTFY. As I posted elsewhere, it's kinda reassuring to know where the Main Players are, and without this wee playpen they could be wandering around ruining multiple threads. 

Oaksoft - the poster who got his arse handed to him by Blue Bear. Some epitaph.