Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, 101 said:

That tweet has 3 retweets and 17 likes are you searching out Covid and Borders stuff on twitter to deliberately go against your point of view? Seems unlikely it came up organically on your timeline especially as it's 10 hours old.

^^ Doesn't know how Twitter works

Here's another one:

1 minute ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Second jag booked for 8 weeks and 2 days after my first. Must be on the final stretch as my pals all received the texts as well this morning. 

Do you get a wee card or some sort of certificate saying you’ve been fully vaccinated?

If youre in Scotland keep your letter and there will be a link and username on it, you can look at your status on that and also apply for your letter confirming full vax. Its quite easy to use actually and the letter is sent pretty quickly. 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw two Chinese girls in the New College quad at lunchtime. One put on her graduation gown and got her friend to take some graduation photos. All while wearing a mask.

I know mask wearing has been generally accepted in China  to protect other people  following previous flu epidemics etc but there was no-one within 30 feet of them and all I could think was it would be ok to take off your mask for a better picture.

I don't particularly mind having to put a mask on to go on a bus or in a shop. I'd rather I didn't have to but I hope we never get to the stage where it's expected of you to wear one when you're out in the fresh air at a distance from people.

I get what you mean, I was asking about this to a pal who got married at the end of last year, having to wear a wear mask for the entire day, even outside with no one close. 

She said it didn’t bother her as it was “part of the story” of the time they got married. Then again, I don’t think they were allowed to take them off, even just for a photo which seems mental to me. Could be wrong though.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw two Chinese girls in the New College quad at lunchtime. One put on her graduation gown and got her friend to take some graduation photos. All while wearing a mask.

I know mask wearing has been generally accepted in China  to protect other people  following previous flu epidemics etc but there was no-one within 30 feet of them and all I could think was it would be ok to take off your mask for a better picture.

I don't particularly mind having to put a mask on to go on a bus or in a shop. I'd rather I didn't have to but I hope we never get to the stage where it's expected of you to wear one when you're out in the fresh air at a distance from people.

How do you know they were Chinese?

I get what you mean, I was asking about this to a pal who got married at the end of last year, having to wear a wear mask for the entire day, even outside with no one close. 
She said it didn’t bother her as it was “part of the story” of the time they got married. Then again, I don’t think they were allowed to take them off, even just for a photo which seems mental to me. Could be wrong though.

That was the reason my pals chose to get married outdoors last year. The registrars office told them any wedding inside needed face coverings. But outside wouldn’t.

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes, they can. But it's slightly suspicious when the examples of young, seemingly otherwise healthy, people who get bad Covid are actors.

Right in the middle of a vaccination drive among that very demographic.

It'll take them a while to get through them, then.

10 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Haven't really been in this thread very much recently, wonder what's goi...

Ahhh, still fucking mental then.

Great to see the big brained laddie behind that tweet is also apparently a count dankula fan, calls Tom Hanks a paedophile and got super angry when someone took the knee on GBNews. Perfect for the man who yesterday told us Tesco were asking people to continue wearing masks because they were "woke"

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The worst people in all of this are not the people who don't care.

It's the people pretending they give a shit about others when really it's all about themselves.

We haven't just invented immuno-suppressed or vulnerable people.

They've been with us since time began.

Where was all this public concern about them before covid turned up when we were all passing on every plague known to man without a seconds thought?

Where was the public demand for masking up?

Where was the outrage at people not taking their flu vaccines?

I'll tell you where. It was nowhere.

And THAT is because covid brought home to a lot of people that maybe this is something THEY and their families could personally catch and die. It has nothing to do with worrying about "the vulnerable".

Nowt wrong with worrying about your own mortality but if you virtue signallers could spare us the bullshit that would be just great.

Thanks.

Are you missing your carer ffs? 

You are an unqualified sanctimonious moron to be passing judgement on anyone. 

You do understand that many could have already lost loved ones to this? 

You have as much empathy as a psychopath. Enjoy the electric helmet that you clearly need. 

Time you got a hobby and how the f**k you're still on here, God knows. 

Predictions for "Freedom Day"? I'll go with: 

Nightclubs shut again within two weeks; 

"Emergency" changes to the travel lists as cases rise in England as the schools/Euros bounce continues for the next 10-14 days. 

New variant announced. 

I probably posted this before but I'll say it again.
I wonder if we had this problem at the end of World War 2 where hordes of people were gutted that it was all over because the war had given their lives a purpose and an urgency that was now being taken away from them as fast as it had arrived.
There must have been Lovejoys in that day wittering on about how the war wasn't over until the last Nazi had been burned with fire. And then once that had been achieved, more wittering about how there were hidden, secret Nazis who could re-appear at any time with a new variant of Nazism and that we were wrong to put our weapons away and send the boys home. "Have we learned nothing from world war 1" they'd no doubt screech at anyone who would listen.
That would be fascinating to know. I absolutely bet there were people like that.
And I bet that if we'd had social media in those days we'd still be living with rationing and national service because "you just can't be sure". :lol:

Are you OK?
Maybe time for a timeout from P&B?

As the person who started this thread I feel kind of responsible for it. Clearly some people have gone absolutely batshit mental due to it. If the Covid discussion had been spread around loads of individual threads I don’t think this would’ve happened.

A lot of posters minds have been melted by it all but to be fair most of those people didn’t have much to melt in the first place.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

As the person who started this thread I feel kind of responsible for it. Clearly some people have gone absolutely batshit mental due to it. If the Covid discussion had been spread around loads of individual threads I don’t think this would’ve happened.

A lot of posters minds have been melted by it all but to be fair most of those people didn’t have much to melt in the first place.