Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Regularly voted the favourite senior ground in Scotland by others club fans for an away day. I wonder where Rugby Park comes in there 🤔

Rugby Park is a fuckign shithole, and the rows are too tight to sit comfortably unless you're a child or a midget.

Somerset best ground in Scotland.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hoping it's mild.

I was convinced the test would come back negative, I thought she just had a bad chest infection.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Get well soon Mrs Jacksgranda.

She seems to be slightly better, but maybe I'm seeing what I want to see.

Rugby Park is a fuckign shithole, and the rows are too tight to sit comfortably unless you're a child or a midget.
Somerset best ground in Scotland.
Nothing wrong with Rugby Park.

Somerset is quality though, at least it is for watching the football. Not sure theres much charm about the facilities, but an open terrace on a nice day is as good as watching football gets.

32 minutes ago, Rugster said:

the rows are too tight to sit comfortably unless you're a  midget.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Nothing wrong with Rugby Park.

Open goal, bang, in the net. Nice set up my man.

35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was convinced the test would come back negative, I thought she just had a bad chest infection.

You guys have been double vaxxed so fingers crossed it works for her.

Got my first vaccine the other day, the holy grail of Pfizer. Sore arm and no side effects so not so bad. 

I'll de delighted when we can get back to normal, I see more and more people not bothering with the restrictions anyway tbh. 

45 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Watch she doesn't play the long covid card and have you getting her breakfast in bed for a year..

A fine example of goalpost shifting here, courtesy of our favourite wearer of ill-fitting suits. 

Get vaccinated and you can travel again. Except, you will get covid and also introduce non-existing variants from countries that don't have them. The lack of faith they have in the vaccine is disturbing. Thankfully he's acknowledged that he's pissing in the wind, here. 

I get the argument it's unfair that some have no choice to quarantine when they return whilst others don't as not everyone has been double vaxxed, but really we're at the stage now where I'm wondering what the point is. I am pro-vaccine and get my second dose next week, but we really ought to be seeing relaxations from things like quarantine for those that have had both doses. In time, testing should be removed also. 

What I would say is that if you're not double vaxxed and you book a holiday to an Amber listed country, you know what you're signing up for (unless Grant Shapps stops the music on red). So whilst it may seem unfair, home quarantine or no home quarantine is a known outcome. 

Screenshot_20210715_095959_com.android.chrome.jpg

Second blast of Pfizer in the arm Tuesday, dead arm has almost worn off and no other side effects.

We're in a really strange place at the moment, being told yeah-but-no-but-yeah regarding almost everything. The Euro 2020/1 payload hasn't fully landed yet, so hard to tell how full hospitals get. The theory on a virus becoming less dangerous as it mutates to survive hasn't quite played out yet: this is still the biggest problem.

I don't find putting a piece of cloth over my face a massive offence to my liberty and don't mind doing it in unventilated germ traps like trains and shops, but did find the need for it at the football in an open terrace slightly irritating on Saturday. The basic epidemiology of protection outside with UV light and suchlike hasn't changed too much as far as I'm aware. It's all now left open to rational choice theory - if you've been jabbed twice and in good health, you'll probably be more comfortable having a flyer at disregarding everything. If you're unjabbed with a high BMI, a 20 a day habit, and out of nick, then you're still on iffy ground. 

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Good thing you’ll not be visiting again for another year.

Except that we drew them at home in the Challenge Cup, assuming they beat East Kilbride (and manage to do so without fielding any suspended players).

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Watch she doesn't play the long covid card and have you getting her breakfast in bed for a year..

I'd be willing to pay that price as long as she was o.k., tbh.

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A fine example of goalpost shifting here, courtesy of our favourite wearer of ill-fitting suits. 

Get vaccinated and you can travel again. Except, you will get covid and also introduce non-existing variants from countries that don't have them. The lack of faith they have in the vaccine is disturbing. Thankfully he's acknowledged that he's pissing in the wind, here. 

I get the argument it's unfair that some have no choice to quarantine when they return whilst others don't as not everyone has been double vaxxed, but really we're at the stage now where I'm wondering what the point is. I am pro-vaccine and get my second dose next week, but we really ought to be seeing relaxations from things like quarantine for those that have had both doses. In time, testing should be removed also. 

What I would say is that if you're not double vaxxed and you book a holiday to an Amber listed country, you know what you're signing up for (unless Grant Shapps stops the music on red). So whilst it may seem unfair, home quarantine or no home quarantine is a known outcome. 

Screenshot_20210715_095959_com.android.chrome.jpg

Drakeford needs chucked in a care home.

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Leitch was on BBC this morning effectively admitting that the travel ban is in place still to force younger people to get vaccinated.

Yup. Been obvious for a while now. Good to see pushback from airlines etc regarding people being free to go to nightclubs and packed stadiums again now/soon, but still having total nonsense rules for international travel. Grant Shapps is an absolute weasel who needs his head flushed down the pan.

Started looking over the details of getting away on holiday properly this morning and found out Scotland don’t even have a digital means of proving your vaccine status like the app available in England.

Daft wee Scotland still making us apply for a paper copy weeks before travel. Laughing stock stuff compared to other countries that have their shit together.

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Started looking over the details of getting away on holiday properly this morning and found out Scotland don’t even have a digital means of proving your vaccine status like the app available in England.

Daft wee Scotland still making us apply for a paper copy weeks before travel. Laughing stock stuff compared to other countries that have their shit together.

Yes, you’re correct.

However, we did receive ours within a few days of application which was not bad.