Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, strichener said:

They aren't random, they are inextricably linked when the same health service has to deal with both and have been prioritising one over all else.  There will be cancer patients that have died from curable cancers through lack of timely medical intervention, as I posted before we should be dealing with covid proportionately and not the Covid before all else that has been the case for over a year now.

It was never an either or thing though. Patients who entered hospital to get treated for other things were infected with covid and died. So they had to decide whether it was safer to delay treatment that would lower their immunity, during a time of rampant spread, or go ahead and take the chance. Isolating cancer patients say from the rest of the population isn't that easy, you'd have to have doctors, nurses, support staff etc living in a bubble for a start. Then another bubble for Covid patients. They didn't choose to make Covid a priority, it was a fact of life.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Went to an indoor crazy golf course in Dunfermline with the kids. It is like a huge balloon and was utterly roasting. Half of folk wore face masks. I kept mine on until the sixth hole. Couldn't last any longer and took it off. 

Two shot penalty?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's fair enough, but we're not there anymore. The vaccine has completely changed the playing field, yet the pre-vaccine mentality of "iTs nOt fLu" remains. Correct, it isn't, but it's impact at the most serious end appears now to be very comparable.

We really do need to collectively stop looking at covid deaths as more tragic or preventable than any other deaths and accept that a relatively small number of people are going to get seriously ill and die as a result of it.

Until we do that, we won't move on. It will be interesting to see at what point it becomes ok to declare the pandemic "over"

August 2020 I think?

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

August 2020 I think?

Well according to Clownshoes earlier this year we were now dealing with "a different virus" so August 2020 would be accurate for the previous pandemic.

ribery.gif

Theyd have hated Somerset on Tue night. Not only is it a quaint shit hole but everyone was standing where they liked and I'd say about 10% wore masks. Stewards werent fussed. Glorious 
Somerset. Glorious.

Fair play, you've given me a wee morning chuckle there. [emoji274]