Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Must report a joyful return to live football last night. So much better than watching live streams on an iPad.
However, sad to say that about 95% of people were wearing masks throughout.
I was sitting beside my son (both unmasked) and was chided by a woman in the row below about us breaking the rules. I retorted that we were father and son to which she pointed to the man  seated 4 seats along from her ‘He’s my husband’!! What can you say about just how brainwashed the public have become.

9781787445192i.jpg

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Same at Saints.

Some weirdo clearly complained as part way through the 2nd half there was an announce reminding people they had to wear a face mask, which was met by total silence as not one person bothered 😂

Id have said the opposite

The areas of the ground i was covering had just about 100% compliance. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They might not die but they certainly get ill and pass it on. It's such an easy thing to do that helps everyone, I don't understand the resistance.

Not sure it’s necessarily resistance. That probably accounts for some of the unvaccinated but I’d guess that general uselessness accounts for a lot too. I don’t recall having a dentist between leaving home and eventually getting married and spent about half of that time still registered with the GP where my parents lived. Not to mention having a different address each year and never sorting out mail forwarding.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not sure it’s necessarily resistance. That probably accounts for some of the unvaccinated but I’d guess that general uselessness accounts for a lot too. I don’t recall having a dentist between leaving home and eventually getting married and spent about half of that time still registered with the GP where my parents lived. Not to mention having a different address each year and never sorting out mail forwarding.

Could well be that, plus why ever it is that younger age groups vote in fewer numbers than the old, who they then blame for not getting the result they want. Drop in centres will hopefully sort out the misdirected post and those with no GP.

50 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
57 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
17k vaccinations is a disgrace and should be an emptying for our incompetent health minister. 
Read an interesting take albeit from James Melville, yesterday’s cancer deaths are greater than the sum of the last 40 days covid deaths. Dont know if thats England alone hes referring to or the whole of the UK. 

You seem to have missed the point. It wasn't 17k due to supply etc it was 17k because that's all that chose to get jabbed yesterday. We are long past the blue envelope stage it's now up to the under 30s to either make an appointment or use a drop in, thus it's much more flexible for them. They appear not to be bothering and this was always a chance by removing the given appointment scheme.

I know it wasnt to do with supply, thats why its a disgrace. They’ve failed to win the argument. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Potential long-term issues with the vaccine seems to be a common concern from young'uns I've talked to, particularly from younger females.

It absolutely is a failure of the government to not combat the misinformation and brain dead pish about 5g and all the rest. Want to get the vaccines into arms, have vaccination events etc too. Id make it compulsory but some people think peoples facebook research on mercury means their objections are somehow valid. Just having roving bands of nurses led by Tynieness stoating about armed with pfizer darts for all it matters. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not everyone at the football shouts (especially at ICT where most fans sit and that's it), fans are spaced out at much greater distances than some of the restaurants I've been in / seen, plenty of people in restaurants are shouting, cheering and laughing when they're having a good time (much like at the football) and we've been told since the start that being outside presents an intrinsically reduced risk of transmission than being in indoor places like pubs and restaurants. I think continuing to have folk at football wearing face coverings all the time is OTT and a little relaxation wouldn't be unfair or present a significantly increased risk.

No, not everyone shouts at football and not everyone sits in silence in a restaurant. However, theres more chance of it happening at the football and less in a restaurant.  

Im sure, if it were practical, the advice would be to wear a mask in restaurants too. Makes it kind of difficult to eat though. 

Whats happening here is that hospitality is getting a bit of leeway to allow them to open, not that football is being punished.

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

:lol: some boy

;) 

Edited by Mr X

More than one person I know has had to miss there first appointment because they have tested positive in the last 28 days, wonder if the high case rates, especially amongst younger people have an impact, with people missing because they are positive.

Also it is fucking stupid that we are sticking to the 8 week interval which no other country seems to be doing. I can understand if the supply isn't there, but since it is, we should.

Just now, Turkmenbashi said:

Also it is fucking stupid that we are sticking to the 8 week interval which no other country seems to be doing. I can understand if the supply isn't there, but since it is, we should.

Can't see the JVCI changing their guidance now and Governments would be daft to ignore them.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can't see the JVCI changing their guidance now and Governments would be daft to ignore them.

Northern Ireland are ignoring them and doing second doses quicker.

The JVCI will "modify" their recommendation with political pressure.  No brainer.

Your not telling me for instance it is taking them this long to decide on jabbing kids or not.

Carefully waiting for the primed time to say yay or nay.

Edited by superbigal

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, not everyone shouts at football and not everyone sits in silence in a restaurant. However, theres more chance of it happening at the football and less in a restaurant.  

Im sure, if it were practical, the advice would be to wear a mask in restaurants too. Makes it kind of difficult to eat though. 

Whats happening here is that hospitality is getting a bit of leeway to allow them to open, not that football is being punished.

;) 

Wearing a mask while socially distanced, outside is an utter nonsense and completely devalues the point of wearing a mask. 

6 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

More than one person I know has had to miss there first appointment because they have tested positive in the last 28 days, wonder if the high case rates, especially amongst younger people have an impact, with people missing because they are positive.

4/5 weeks seems to be standard here.

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nobody detests masks more than me but nobody is buying this story at all.

There is absolutely no chance you were taken to task by a woman at the football last night.

None.

At all.

Why on earth would you even think of posting that?

Can confirm said story. Tbf it was unclear as to whether it was banter due to the mask wearing, but the issue was more to do with sitting together, and they were sitting apart before seeing the light and sitting together 

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not everyone at the football shouts (especially at ICT where most fans sit and that's it), fans are spaced out at much greater distances than some of the restaurants I've been in / seen, plenty of people in restaurants are shouting, cheering and laughing when they're having a good time (much like at the football) and we've been told since the start that being outside presents an intrinsically reduced risk of transmission than being in indoor places like pubs and restaurants. I think continuing to have folk at football wearing face coverings all the time is OTT and a little relaxation wouldn't be unfair or present a significantly increased risk.

The football policy seems to be designed around the big city teams where there is likely to be more risk of transmission getting to and from the ground than from people sitting watching the game, even at full capacity. I don't see any reason why ICT should have any limits unless you get one of the ugly sisters in a cup game, and masks off when you sit down, same as a restaurant. And no need for masks whatsoever at Clach once you're through the turnstile, or maybe when buying a pie.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Northern Ireland are ignoring them and doing second doses quicker.

The JVCI will "modify" their recommendation with political pressure.  No brainer.

Your not telling me for instance it is taking them this long to decide on jabbing kids or not.

Carefully waiting for the primed time to say yay or nay.

Interesting didn't know NI was doing that.

The JVCI shouldn't now to political pressure or hold back decisions however we are in uncharted territory for this UK government all bets are off on how they operate.

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

"A bit of leeway"... from a ridiculous gesture that is enforced by law in a low-risk situation. Welcome to the middle of 2021 folks. 

17 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know it wasnt to do with supply, thats why its a disgrace. They’ve failed to win the argument. 

It absolutely is a failure of the government to not combat the misinformation and brain dead pish about 5g and all the rest. Want to get the vaccines into arms, have vaccination events etc too. Id make it compulsory but some people think peoples facebook research on mercury means their objections are somehow valid. Just having roving bands of nurses led by Tynieness stoating about armed with pfizer darts for all it matters. 

That might work

Northern Ireland's uptake of first doses is absolutely miles lower than everywhere else - only 62% of the total population so far compared to 72% in Scotland. They've probably run out of willing people to take first doses. As far as Scotland is concerned I expect first doses for 18-30 will eventually top out around 75-80%, which is only another 80-90,000 doses from where we are now. A fair whack of that total will have appointments in the next few days, and another big chunk will no doubt have to wait a few weeks if they've recently been infected. There's always liable to be a bigger chunk of the younger age groups who just won't want it/don't see how it affects them, but I think 75-80% in the younger age group is probably higher than most people expected back at the start. The overall uptake across the board has been far above expectations.

I fully expect the JCVI to announce soon that they can drop it to six weeks, at which point you'll probably still get your appointment for eight weeks with the option to go back after six. That seems like a sensible compromise to me.