Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hardly see anyone wearing them on public transport these days. 

Sadly, not my experience.

Wife and I travelled by train to Glasgow Queen Street and we were the only unmasked passengers.

On return journey in the evening all the younger people were totally masked.

Again, we appeared to be the only unmasked.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

What I don't get is how you are only allowed 2000 in Ibrox but Party at the Palace music festival has apparently been given the green light for 7000 each day on the weekend of 7th and 8th of August

The SNP hate football fans and more generally ending football fan culture appears to be a goal across Europe.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

What I don't get is how you are only allowed 2000 in Ibrox but Party at the Palace music festival has apparently been given the green light for 7000 each day on the weekend of 7th and 8th of August

Nothing makes sense anymore. 2k at Ibrox and Celtic park yet 12k at the similar sized Hampden. As much as the OF are kunts they should be allowed at least 12k as well 

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The cynic in me feels that the SG are delaying abandoning social distancing (even with masks) until the schools go back because they know that masks are largely ineffective, and they would rather blame any bounce in cases next month on no distancing than again have to pretend that schools are "low risk"

These so called experts appear to disagree.... 

"Calum Semple, a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) and professor of child health and outbreak medicine at the University of Liverpool, said he thought measures such as mask-wearing could be reintroduced over the winter to deal with a spike in Covid cases.

It comes as a fellow Sage member, Professor Graham Medley, said mask-wearing "probably won't do any good" unless it is mandatory, adding that the current Covid wave could last six weeks at its peak."

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nothing makes sense anymore. 2k at Ibrox and Celtic park yet 12k at the similar sized Hampden. As much as the OF are kunts they should be allowed at least 12k as well 

Am I not right in thinking any organisation can make a case for more though? It’s a piss take that these are the baselines, but now it’s really for football clubs to put local authorities to the test and submit their proposals. Also if declined the clubs should release the justification so we can see just how daft it is.

14 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

The 2000 minimum applies to the Party at the Palace music festival, but they have presumably applied for and received permission for an increased number of attendees. Rangers (or any other club) could do the same under the exact same rules, and I'd fully expect them to do so.

The seed has been planted for what is to come..... 

"....... However, legal experts told MailOnline that though the axing of mandates is a 'legal grey area' for companies, bosses would be 'well within their rights' to enforce mask and distancing policies of their own if they are satisfied that the measures prevent the spread of coronavirus. 

It comes as Downing Street hinted that it could impose another winter lockdown if the vaccines prove to be less effective at preventing serious illness and death than first thought. At a press conference last night, the Prime Minister dropped his claim the easing would be 'irreversible' and said that coronavirus restrictions could return in September, adding: 'We must rule nothing out.' 

Turkey for one at Xmas! 

1 minute ago, BlueBear said:

The seed has been planted for what is to come..... 

"....... However, legal experts told MailOnline that though the axing of mandates is a 'legal grey area' for companies, bosses would be 'well within their rights' to enforce mask and distancing policies of their own if they are satisfied that the measures prevent the spread of coronavirus. 

It comes as Downing Street hinted that it could impose another winter lockdown if the vaccines prove to be less effective at preventing serious illness and death than first thought. At a press conference last night, the Prime Minister dropped his claim the easing would be 'irreversible' and said that coronavirus restrictions could return in September, adding: 'We must rule nothing out.' 

Turkey for one at Xmas! 

always been the case, as anyone who's tried to argue that the price of his trainers should exempt them from a nightclub dress code will surely understand

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The 2000 minimum applies to the Party at the Palace music festival, but they have presumably applied for and received permission for an increased number of attendees. Rangers (or any other club) could do the same under the exact same rules, and I'd fully expect them to do so.

I thought Party at the Palace was Rangers league flag unveiling?

43 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

As shown by the sports day tears, people are quite happy to accept indefinite restrictions being placed on what other people can do, so long as they aren't impacted.

Don’t get me wrong, I am genuinely desperate for 2019-esque normality

After the last year and a half if that is genuinely less than 1 month away I can square it away 

And it’s probably natural to look at every step forwards / back through your own eyes 

I can see my friends, family whenever I want, go for a pint, work etc

Last piece of the puzzle for me is getting back to the football, if that isn’t next month, add me to the lynch mob list 

41 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

0m distancing outdoors

No limits on outdoor gatherings in public settings

Reverting fully to local licencing laws

Don't understand the distancing outdoors one (although I haven't seen anybody distance outdoors for months and months)  - transmission outdoors is next to zero and mass gatherings/events are surely covered by other restrictions.

Just doing something for the sake of being seen to do something? Guess if they're doing that then it might as well be something that literally no-one adheres to anyway.

I really couldn't give a shit one way or the other about masks personally but I feel pretty sorry for those who are needing to wear them for 8 hour shifts at work - especially in a hot airless bar, must be hellish.

Put me in the "everything rides on football in August" club 

In fairness I think a lot of people, myself included, had no issues with mask wearing at the start because at that time, "We Just Don't Know" was actually true. I don't think it's that wild that, 1 year on with very little evidence of them working that folk are getting annoyed at the ongoing legal requirement to wear one to walk 12 steps to the bathroom when you're sat in the pub for hours on end. 

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I really couldn't give a shit one way or the other about masks personally but I feel pretty sorry for those who are needing to wear them for 8 hour shifts at work - especially in a hot airless bar, must be hellish.

Put me in the "everything rides on football in August" club 

It is. Sweaty mess.