Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Sorry for it being bollox. 

I haven't checked back, but I can pretty much guarantee there was NO SINGLE POSTER on here criticising Scotland fans for travelling down to London for the game. In fact, I seem to remember plenty of the usual suspects glorying in the photos of the TA partying in Leicester Square with plenty of comments of how great it was that restrictions were completely ignored.

You can't turn round now and criticise Sturgeon for not forbidding travel. The rise in cases are indeed a consequence of thousands of younger people travelling together to London, but IIRC every single poster on here saw that as an acceptable consequence. 

Loads of people said it was stupid. More a pointless wastes of time, energy and money than on public health grounds but loads of people thought it was weird behaviour 

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Bring back drink on the trains. Not that I stopped but it's the principle 

Had plenty on the train to London a couple of weeks ago.  They were allowed to serve you bevvy from the 21st June.  No spirits though.

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Bring back drink on the trains. Not that I stopped but it's the principle 

Don't know if they will loosen the restrictions before the bring back folk with the trolley.

Avanti have said you can have a drink but can't see ScotRail or LNER making moves, they seem to grudge anyone drinking unless you buy it at their inflated prices.

Seeing a lot of people who have been shouting “Case numbers are irrelevant, Britain needs to reopen” now shouting “Scotland has high case numbers, they are fucking idiots”.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Don't know if they will loosen the restrictions before the bring back folk with the trolley.

Avanti have said you can have a drink but can't see ScotRail or LNER making moves, they seem to grudge anyone drinking unless you buy it at their inflated prices.

I was on LNER a couple of weeks ago.  They were dishing out drink to me in 1st class so I can only assume they were selling it in standard.

Train manager told us as they’re an English company they could follow Englishrules.

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Sorry for it being bollox. 

I haven't checked back, but I can pretty much guarantee there was NO SINGLE POSTER on here criticising Scotland fans for travelling down to London for the game. In fact, I seem to remember plenty of the usual suspects glorying in the photos of the TA partying in Leicester Square with plenty of comments of how great it was that restrictions were completely ignored.

You can't turn round now and criticise Sturgeon for not forbidding travel. The rise in cases are indeed a consequence of thousands of younger people travelling together to London, but IIRC every single poster on here saw that as an acceptable consequence. 

Yes I can. The SG's job is not to win a popularity contest, while slapping ludicrous travel bans on other parts of the UK at the exact same time. A sweep turning back those without tickets for the game at train stations and buses at borders would have the case rates at a much, much lower level than what they are right now. They knew fine well that such groups would not comply with restrictions. They chose not to do it for political popularity reasons.

Whether the SG is content with their decision or not is up to them, but they quite simply cannot deflect blame onto Johnson for Scotland's massive outbreaks right now. It also means that they have forfeited any right to have their concern trolling about lifting restrictions taken seriously.

Edited by vikingTON

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Loads of people said it was stupid. More a pointless wastes of time, energy and money than on public health grounds but loads of people thought it was weird behaviour 

I tend to mix with the mental weirdo obsessives on the Aberdeen thread, so I'm not always on here with the mental weirdo obsessives who live permanently in this thread. 

I'll take your word for it that some people found it stupid. My point remains though....what would have been the reaction if Sturgeon had tried to stop Scotland fans travelling ? 

I'll tell you what would have happened. The mental obsessive weirdos on here would literally (and obviously I don't mean literally) self-combusted. 

Damned if she did, damned if she didn't. 

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Scotrail will allow bevvy eventually, although as with masks, they’ve admitted there’s f**k all they can do to enforce it barring bringing the BTP on board.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I tend to mix with the mental weirdo obsessives on the Aberdeen thread, so I'm not always on here with the mental weirdo obsessives who live permanently in this thread. 

I'll take your word for it that some people found it stupid. My point remains though....what would have been the reaction if Sturgeon had tried to stop Scotland fans travelling ? 

I'll tell you what would have happened. The mental obsessive weirdos on here would literally (and obviously I don't mean literally) self-combusted. 

Damned if she did, damned if she didn't. 

So she went with the populist choice then?

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Personal choice, so people can do what they want either way. 

I find it very difficult getting my head round wanting to spend the rest of your days barely seeing close family etc etc. 

67A1E00E-C668-4C25-9534-D11869595E66.png

Depends on yer samily...

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

I was on LNER a couple of weeks ago.  They were dishing out drink to me in 1st class so I can only assume they were selling it in standard.

Train manager told us as they’re an English company they could follow Englishrules.

Really? They weren't selling it in late June, but now disappointing that ScotRail are outliers in terms of the companies servicing Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

It's amazing how many people are acting as though being given their freedoms back is a bad thing.

Weirdos.

Having been told for a year and a bit that case numbers are to high and wear a mask, stay in your bubble......as figures are about to hit a record high.......they announce all restrictions will be lifted. 

I think most folk are still confused rather than anything. 

I had a carry out on a scotrail train the day of the England game.

The conductor openly told us he didn’t give a f**k about us drinking so long as we were discreet.