Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, btb said:

I think the she'll pretty much follow the agenda BJ has set for England, financially I don't see how she can do otherwise.

The biggest arse-up today was around mask guidance, she could say it is mandatory in shops and enclosed spaces etc. Work from home is advised where possible. 

If you can't get paid unless you go to work then you can't work from home. Putting pressure on folk going in to do a job they have successfully carried out for the last 15 months from home could be counter productive and lead to more folk being sick. Even only mandating a return after full vaccination. 

As much freedom as you want.....so long as you don't want foreign travel. No restrictions whatsoever in England. I can't see other countries wanting UK tourists with the rate of infection we have here now and the poor vaccination rates overseas.

kYzGQUQ2UU.thumb.jpg.20036f024bd73709d90a9bb9f2831c36.jpg
I was thinking similar when he was bumbling on about projections of 50k cases per day. We will be getting in nowhere with those sort of numbers regardless of loosening quarantine requirements this end.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The biggest arse-up today was around mask guidance, she could say it is mandatory in shops and enclosed spaces etc.

I reckon it’ll get watered down to public transport only, if anything as anything else just seems ridiculous in comparison now England are binning them.

Javid laying the smackdown on Whitford's mewling. Absolute minter.

Javid accused her of "scaremongering" and "political point scoring", adding: "If anything, the only part of the UK where cases could be described as ripping would be in Scotland, where the case rate is higher than any other part of the UK, in fact I think they have seven of the 10 highest hotspots in terms of number of cases throughout Europe."

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

I reckon it’ll get watered down to public transport only, if anything as anything else just seems ridiculous in comparison now England are binning them.

If they're not needed in a rammed supermarket then they're not needed on public transport either. They can f**k off with that. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, slag him off but what’s your plan?

Constant control by the state, I guess.

Scotland has the worst Covid statistics in the whole of Europe.

Who’s to blame for that?

I don't have a plan, I'm not Nicola Sturgeon (honestly). 

If you look back through my posts you'll find that I'm regularly critical of the Scottish government. I don't want 'constant control by state', but I do want someone in charge of my government who is strong, consistent and not an opportunity grabbing charlatan and liar, a la Johnson. 

Who's to blame for that ? Well, a combination of factors are to blame for that. IMHO, the most important factor is the fact that the the UK kept India off the red list simply because Johnson wanted to go there and beg for a trade deal. 

Thousands of people on hundreds of flights came into the country unhindered and spread the variant all around the country. That, my friend, is solely Johnson's fault. 

That's before even starting on the undoubted fact that Johnson changes message almost as often as he changes his wife. Something he says today will change tomorrow and will be denied the day after. Right wing populism at it's very worst. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If they're not needed in a rammed supermarket then they're not needed on public transport either. They can f**k off with that. 

Oh I completely agree, I just don’t see the SG allowing all change of virtue signaling to pass here.

I’m not going back to the office.

I left a half drunk cup of coffee on my desk and a bag of fruit in my drawer.

That desk will have gone feral.

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Who's to blame for that ? Well, a combination of factors are to blame for that. IMHO, the most important factor is the fact that the the UK kept India off the red list simply because Johnson wanted to go there and beg for a trade deal. 

Thousands of people on hundreds of flights came into the country unhindered and spread the variant all around the country. That, my friend, is solely Johnson's fault. 

No, this is complete and utter bollocks. If it was down to an external, UK-wide factor like this, then the vowel-haters wouldn't have a fraction of the case rates in Scotland.

The reasons why Scotland is the Covid capital of Europe are a) not rolling out the vaccine as effectively as other countries (hence Wales), as well as b) the Tartan Army going 'on manoeuvres' without a ticket in London, that has acted as a super-spreader event above all others. The SG shat out of taking any unpopular measures to combat that, while placing arbitrary and laughable travel bans on Manchester and Blackburn instead. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If Sturgeon doesn't announce something VERY similar tomorrow she can go f**k herself.

If restrictions aren’t lifted by the 9th August as said. SNP will no longer get my vote. 

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If restrictions aren’t lifted by the 9th August as said. SNP will no longer get my vote. 

I hope Nicola Sturgeon doesn’t read that or she’ll not sleep tonight.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Why are you so happy with 9th August?

School holidays start earlier here so the logic says we should open up by 19th July latest.

Youre so easily pleased!

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, this is complete and utter bollocks. If it was down to an external, UK-wide factor like this, then the vowel-haters wouldn't have a fraction of the case rates in Scotland.

The reasons why Scotland is the Covid capital of Europe are a) not rolling out the vaccine as effectively as other countries (hence Wales), as well as b) the Tartan Army going 'on manoeuvres' without a ticket in London, that has acted as a super-spreader event above all others. The SG shat out of taking any unpopular measures to combat that, while placing arbitrary and laughable travel bans on Manchester and Blackburn instead. 

Sorry for it being bollox. 

I haven't checked back, but I can pretty much guarantee there was NO SINGLE POSTER on here criticising Scotland fans for travelling down to London for the game. In fact, I seem to remember plenty of the usual suspects glorying in the photos of the TA partying in Leicester Square with plenty of comments of how great it was that restrictions were completely ignored.

You can't turn round now and criticise Sturgeon for not forbidding travel. The rise in cases are indeed a consequence of thousands of younger people travelling together to London, but IIRC every single poster on here saw that as an acceptable consequence.