Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It will be interesting to know the actual difference between yesterday and today as personally I'm not seeing an awful lot at all. The majority of large businesses which were open yesterday are still open today, the trains are slightly quieter but the streets are much the same as people are still going out shopping etc. Ok, the Golf courses are closed (Boo !!) and people are maybe not going to congregate the same, however other than this I'm not seeing a huge difference at all.

That's because all the f****** golfers are out walking the streets.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

I've reported @pozbaird for being at a golf course...🐍🐍🐍😉

Rumbled. Good views from the first tee at Westerwood. Shame they butchered that course from the original layout though. The new holes they added are utter shit. Ruined the place. Anyway....

It will be interesting to know the actual difference between yesterday and today as personally I'm not seeing an awful lot at all. The majority of large businesses which were open yesterday are still open today, the trains are slightly quieter but the streets are much the same as people are still going out shopping etc. Ok, the Golf courses are closed (Boo !!) and people are maybe not going to congregate the same, however other than this I'm not seeing a huge difference at all.

Paper shop

Farmfoods

News shop mini market

Lidl

Bakers

Spar

Premier

Mccolls

All open beside me .

Just walked past the car wash and that's fairly busy . Lovely day

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Paper shop

Farmfoods

News shop mini market

Lidl

Bakers

Spar

Premier

Mccolls

All open beside me .

Just walked past the car wash and that's fairly busy . Lovely day

Yes, it's not exactly martial law !!

Back at work tomorrow. Deliveries only to see how demand goes, then either skeleton staff or complete closure. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. It's absolutely impossible to adhere to the safe distancing guidelines in my line of work. Profit before people.

Just now, philpy said:

Back at work tomorrow. Deliveries only to see how demand goes, then either skeleton staff or complete closure. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. It's absolutely impossible to adhere to the safe distancing guidelines in my line of work. Profit before people.

That's cos companies like Macgregors, GPH etc are staying open and they might profit from your lot being closed

32 minutes ago, resk said:
1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:
Regarding construction sites, there's a huge difference round the country due to the mixed messages. Gove said stay open, Sturgeon said close. My colleagues in England say 90% of their factories supplying sites are staying open. Up here, 90% of mine are closed or closing. The exception was one who stayed open and got a visit from the police this morning:

"Why are you open? Why are all these people in the factory? What do you think you're doing?"
"Government said building sites to stay open"
Cop slowly looks around factory and says "Does this look like a fucking building site to you? Get it shut, NOW" (direct quote)

This is quite surprising. I would have thought the polis would only be doing this if the government had ordered all non-essential work to stop and non-essential workplaces to close. Which AFAIK they haven't (although I may just have missed this announcement, things are happening pretty quickly).

A certain Aberdeen FC supporting house builder

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You have no idea what is motivating those people to work. Plenty of them will enjoy their jobs and will want to carry on.

Nobody who doesn't spend all day actively having sewage poured into their brain actually believes these people even constitute a notable minority.