Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Went for a walk round the park at lunch and everyone keeping a clear distance and moving to avoid others. Good to see

We walked down to Westerwood Hotel, took in the view from the first tee of their golf course, turned around and walked home. About forty minutes each way. Encountered one woman walking the dog, one lassie jogging. Fair amount of cars out and about though. Back home for the day now. Kettle on. Exercise over for today. Eyeing up a chunky KitKat, but trying to ignore the voices telling me ‘eat it, eat it...’.

Went to the local coop there just to grab something for lunch whilst I went for a walk around the block.

They were cleared out of beer, bread, milk and eggs. Toilet roll didn’t even get put on the shelves before being snatched.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

How about the fishmonger beside the subway?

Fishmongers open and Adams Newsagents if you want to buy face masks at a pound a pop. Bags of latex gloves at 2.99 in Barrets.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You have no idea what is motivating those people to work. Plenty of them will enjoy their jobs and will want to carry on.

You can blame government and big business all you like but plenty of people are making their own minds up about this stuff.

A lot will have no choice.

If your work isnt being forced to shut you can't just stop going in, as you'll only get the statutory sick pay, which is a pathetic amount. I know I'd rather not be working, but I cant afford to lose all my wages for a couple of months as I've a mortgage/family and just spent a wad on a wedding before this had come about.

I either refuse to work, get f**k all and likely rack up huge financial issues, or work, get full pay, and try my best to maintain distance while also cleaning cars before, and after, I'm in them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Fishmongers open and Adams Newsagents if you want to buy face masks at a pound a pop. Bags of latex gloves at 2.99 in Barrets.

How much for the macc-a-roon bars an’ ra’ speermint choo-ing guuum?

One for the old farts right there.

People who are still opening fishmongers, butchers etc. for walk-in custom should be truncheoned in the face. If your shop does not provide a full range of essential food items then it should be closed and you should be doing delivery-only service. This isn't difficult to grasp.

No doubt covered but not got time to read.

Are tourists being kicked out of our hotels ? Or put in isolation ?

Still find it odd some poor sod in Japan with a booking for a fortnight's golf at StAndrews still finds his flight is not cancelled but his hotel is shut.

Something still not right.

Why are flights for tourists not stopped.

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I genuinely hope that every morning you see him you say “if I don’t see you through the week I’ll see you through the window”.

If not, why not?

Because I'd end up in a half hour "conversation" about f*** all. The entire family are the sort of people to whom you say "Hello" only and keep moving.

Even a simple "Good Morning" is fraught with danger.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

25 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Folk saying there's not enough police or army to enforce a shutdown of 60 million people are missing the point that they don't have to. The vast majority of people will stay inside and be sensible. There will be a small amount of p***ks who will try it on. They're the ones that are going to be hammered and hopefully we'll see news reports of deterrent sentencing in action.

Image result for unidentified flying orangeman

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Did everyone get their text from the government ?

IMG_20200324_130007.thumb.jpg.c031fd778259e852fab281dcbffffaa0.jpg

Yup.  I replied with a dick pic.

Anyway, good news.  DHL came up trumps and delivered my book case earlier.  Gave the guy a big hug for his efforts.