Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How does the set-up at the Hydro work? Do you just turn up, say your name and time then get jagged?

Pretty much. Got asked if I had my letter, which I didn't as I'd rearranged twice due to being offshore, but didn't get asked for any form of confirmation. 

When I went yesterday morning it was busy, but no queue. 

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Agree with this. It's not an active choice not to enage, it's more that registering with a doctor or a dentist isn't a high priority - and the registering after  a first move from home never happens (or only happens when it is needed).

I expect this accounts for the relative lack of take-up

My step-son did (so he assured us) register with a doctor when he moved down to London for uni.  He broke his collar bone a couple of weeks ago and phoned home in a flap as the painkillers the hospital gave him were running out.  We told him to contact his GP if the pain was that bad.  Daft fucker can’t remember where his GP was as he’s moved a couple of times since then and it was about 5 years ago he registered.

I think there’s someone on here that said they work at the Caird Hall vaccination centre?
I was just wondering what I might expect tomorrow? I’m assuming Pfizer because I’m under 40, and to be honest I’m hoping it is. 
I know the potential for serious side effects from AZ are absolutely tiny, but when there’s an official recommendation to offer an alternative it does add that bit of doubt. 
Yeah they were changing back to Pfizer yesterday. From what I gather the queues have been pretty wild over ther weekend but I'm off so can't confirm. What I would say is that regardless of your appointment time, if you can get down for doors opening at 9am I would recommend it.

22 minutes ago, Aidan said:
1 hour ago, The Master said:
I think there’s someone on here that said they work at the Caird Hall vaccination centre?
I was just wondering what I might expect tomorrow? I’m assuming Pfizer because I’m under 40, and to be honest I’m hoping it is. 
I know the potential for serious side effects from AZ are absolutely tiny, but when there’s an official recommendation to offer an alternative it does add that bit of doubt. 

Yeah they were changing back to Pfizer yesterday. From what I gather the queues have been pretty wild over ther weekend but I'm off so can't confirm. What I would say is that regardless of your appointment time, if you can get down for doors opening at 9am I would recommend it.

Wanting everyone in early to get an early finish!

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How does the set-up at the Hydro work? Do you just turn up, say your name and time then get jagged?

You need an appointment as I seen two guys get turned away trying get a jag on spec. You check in and they tick your name off. I went in 25 mins before my appointment time but there was a queue of around 20 mins. Not sure how strict they are with appointment times.

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

My step-son did (so he assured us) register with a doctor when he moved down to London for uni.  He broke his collar bone a couple of weeks ago and phoned home in a flap as the painkillers the hospital gave him were running out.  We told him to contact his GP if the pain was that bad.  Daft fucker can’t remember where his GP was as he’s moved a couple of times since then and it was about 5 years ago he registered.

A perfect example of what I was talking about. It might be very difficult to get a blue envelope to him, and you might be relying on him chasing it up, which is a bit of a hassle that I suspect lots of people of all ages might not necessarily do if they had to.

My blue letter was sent to my parents house, which I moved out of about 10 years ago.

I've been to the doctors a few times since and had no idea they even had my address never mind it was there. Going back in the next week so will get it changed, but there's absolutely plenty of younger folk who have had letters sent to the wrong address.

Looks like the goalpost moving from the UK Govt has backfired with people up in arms.

Not sure what the UK govt were thinking waiting until the week of to announce an extension.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Looks like the goalpost moving from the UK Govt has backfired with people up in arms.

Not sure what the UK govt were thinking waiting until the week of to announce an extension.

They'll say they've always said that it depends on what the data says.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Here's an optimistic thought. Is that maybe what they want? Create a large backlash so they can lift restrictions as originally planned, but blame the public if it goes tits up?

Given you could give any old address as no bank details were involved that will do the square root of f**k all. As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Here's an optimistic thought. Is that maybe what they want? Create a large backlash so they can lift restrictions as originally planned, but blame the public if it goes tits up?

Is it f**k.  The line thats been peddled for the past week is that 21 June was the earliest date on which all restrictions would be lifted and that the delta variant requires reworking of the roadmap.

No mention that we now have 16 months of data on transmissibility and how it is affected by restrictions, rates of hospitalisation amongst different age groups and, for over a month, data on the efficacy of one or two doses of vaccine against the now dominant variant coupled with a timetable of expected vaccine deliveries.

I fully expect a model to have been produced weeks ago on the expected number of cases/hospitalisations amongst the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated population.  Its more than likely the government have just sat there with their fingers crossed hoping what was obviously another surge in cases would just peter out.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Good. 

It's about time these c***s were the kicking they deserve for their rolling extentions and general shitebaggery. 

We have effective vaccines yet the government continues to ignore the impact these are having. 

Edited by Michael W