Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, Paco said:

Most of Scotland’s unlocking has already been delayed, realistically the central belt in the best case scenario will go to Level 1 at the end of June, and Level 0 towards the end of July. And even at that it’s far from guaranteed. There was never firm plans for a June 21st style unlocking.

I share most people’s frustration about the pace of unlocking in Scotland but it isn’t unfair to say Sturgeon is more than happy to lead when bad news arrives. October, December and May lockdowns/slowdowns have been done weeks before Johnson inevitably does it in England.

The new July date in England won’t meet anybody’s expectations either, for what it’s worth. It’ll still be work from home, social distancing, wear face coverings.

I think end September everyone double jagged has always been their "target". Plays out perfectly for them with even English school holidays over before overseas holidays resume.

There’s absolutely no way any unlocking will take place at the end of September. If it’s not done before then, it won’t be happening.

You’ve got schools just back, unis going back, more indoor mixing happening and seasonality having an effect again. Cases will naturally increase and there’s no way the lovejoys will allow reopening.

There’s absolutely no way any unlocking will take place at the end of September. If it’s not done before then, it won’t be happening.
You’ve got schools just back, unis going back, more indoor mixing happening and seasonality having an effect again. Cases will naturally increase and there’s no way the lovejoys will allow reopening.
I didn't realise the Lovejoys were in charge ! In your scenario the world is basically fucked as everyone should be double dunted so zero for any Lovejoy to cling on to. We might even be firing it into the school kids by then too.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

They will be compulsory if you want to go to the football, go to a gig ie live a normal life. 

While I still don't agree with them at all, if they're brought in for a few months just to rustle your jimmies, at least that would be consolation. It is utterly inevitable that they aren't going to be a thing medium to long term.

I didn't realise the Lovejoys were in charge ! In your scenario the world is basically fucked as everyone should be double dunted so zero for any Lovejoy to cling on to. We might even be firing it into the school kids by then too.

The language from Scottish government is completely different now, had this been last summer they would have already banned indoor mixing and put large parts of the country back into tight restrictions
This time they haven’t even made a sound
There’s not as much case reporting in the news either

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Maybe it's not my place to jump in here but my interpretation  of Pedro's post was that any further relaxation of Lockdown rules would have to be done soon to avoid accusations of repeating last years' mistakes and that the assorted administrations would stick where they are at end-September throughout the winter.

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

League table for those 1st shots of the vaccine with this week up to yesterday in bold.

Very much every area bar the big 4 around the 80% level with the big 4 closing in on 70%. Both Glasgow and Edinburgh doing real work in getting these first doses. Noticed South Ayrshire moving up as well and there looks like a big drive in Fife as well. Surely with so many vaxed now in Clackmannanshire that effect should see them start to tumble down the cases list similar to what happened to Moray.

My kids, age 25 and 27, both getting their 1st shots in Fife on Thursday.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

League table for those 1st shots of the vaccine with this week up to yesterday in bold.
Very much every area bar the big 4 around the 80% level with the big 4 closing in on 70%. Both Glasgow and Edinburgh doing real work in getting these first doses. Noticed South Ayrshire moving up as well and there looks like a big drive in Fife as well. Surely with so many vaxed now in Clackmannanshire that effect should see them start to tumble down the cases list similar to what happened to Moray.
Don't have time for the 2nd dose League today, I'll do it tomorrow afternoon after I get my sleep after my shift.
1/ Shetland Islands  90.8% to 91.6%
2/ Western Isles  90.4% to 90.8%
3/ Orkney Islands  88% to 90.4%
4/ Moray 88.6% to 88.9%
5/ Clackmannanshire 83.1% to 88.2%
6/ East Dunbartonshire  82.3% to 84.2%
7/ Aberdeenshire 82.3% to 84%
7/ East Lothian  80.4% to 84%
9/ Borders 81.8% to 83.5%
10/ Dumfries and Galloway 80.1% to 83.1%
11/ South Ayrshire 78.6% to 83%
12/ East Renfrewshire 80.7% to 82.8%
13/ South Lanarkshire 78.9% to 82.5%
14/ Argyll and Bute 78.6% to 82.4%
15/ North Ayrshire 80.1% to 82.1%
16/ West Lothian 80.3% to 81.7%
17/ Midlothian 77.5 % to 81.6%
18/ Falkirk 78.2% to 80.6%
19/ North Lanarkshire 75.4% to 79.8%
20/ Inverclyde 76.9% to 79.3%
21/ Perth and Kinross 78.9% to 79.1%
22/ Angus 78.7% to 78.9%
23/ Fife 73.9% to 78.9%
23/ Stirling 76.1% to 78.8%
25/ West Dunbartonshire 75.7% to 78.1%
26/ Renfrewshire 75% to 77.7%
27/ East Ayrshire 75.9% to 77.4%
28/ Highland 74.8% to 76.1%
29/ Glasgow City 64.8% to 68.9%
30/ City of Edinburgh 63.8% to 68.6%
29/ Dundee 68.2% to 68.5%
30/ Aberdeen City 65.9% to 68.2%
Dundee needs to get its finger oot.

Yeah but it's a rapid rise against very few cases and it's resulting in no increase in hospitalisations or deaths.
You are right that they need to get their heads down and get jagging.
Has there genuinely been no increase in hospital admissions in NHS Tayside or did you just make that up. Just someone posted today country wide they were doubling every 10 days in Scotland and 7 in England so it would be surprising if the Dundee spike wasn't contributing to that ?

Has there genuinely been no increase in hospital admissions in NHS Tayside or did you just make that up. Just someone posted today country wide they were doubling every 10 days in Scotland and 7 in England so it would be surprising if the Dundee spike wasn't contributing to that ?
Went from under 5 before the 7th to 12 yesterday.