Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Had a really awkward moment yesterday when one of the company directors stuck his hand out for a handshake.

And I looked at it.

And I looked at him

And I looked at it.

And he said "Well don't leave me hanging fella"

And I said "I absolutely will. Nobody does that any more"

And he took offence and stomped off.

Thing is, he's never stopped shaking hands. He worked straight through Covid when everyone was on furlough, travelling the country, meeting customers, shaking their hands.

Now I'm the weirdo

How's everyone else handling the handshake thing? 

https://www.gov.uk/find-a-job

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dont know where the no vaccine passport talk is coming from on here, but the BBC is running the opposite. Basically what I said last night, that they'd introduce them for sports and gigs etc whilst postponing their lockdown being lifted. I disagree with both things tbh 

Screenshot_20210612-112901_Chrome.jpg

'They will not be compulsory'. They will go precisely nowhere when, like in places like Israel and Denmark, the health crisis is contained and over.

Meanwhile, Lufthansa are flying jumbo fucking jets on short haul flights because demand is so good. heh.png

Cannot wait until the utter tinpot diddy governments in both Holyrood and Westminster are eventually forced into a humiliating climbdown over international travel.

1 hour ago, btb said:

Government down south already briefing/leaking that the June 21st easing of restrictions are likely to be delayed by "up to 4 weeks", can't see us not following suit.

The thing is that level 0 is still nowhere near a total easing of restrictions so I’d be surprised and disappointed if we had to wait until late July for that.

What we may actually find is that the ‘much greater normality’ Sturgeon has promised in ‘summer’ now happens at a similar time to England.

Imo if that has not happened by the end of July it won’t happen this year as you’ll soon have schools going back, unis going back, more indoor mixing and seasonality coming back into play.

53 minutes ago, Elixir said:

'They will not be compulsory'. They will go precisely nowhere when, like in places like Israel and Denmark, the health crisis is contained and over.

They will be compulsory if you want to go to the football, go to a gig ie live a normal life. 

29 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The thing is that level 0 is still nowhere near a total easing of restrictions so I’d be surprised and disappointed if we had to wait until late July for that.

What we may actually find is that the ‘much greater normality’ Sturgeon has promised in ‘summer’ now happens at a similar time to England.

Imo if that has not happened by the end of July it won’t happen this year as you’ll soon have schools going back, unis going back, more indoor mixing and seasonality coming back into play.

I think it's pretty obvious that the Tories never actually intended to go through with June 21st and the SNP 'Level 0' was an honest outline for part of this summer. 

57 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Meanwhile, Lufthansa are flying jumbo fucking jets on short haul flights because demand is so good. heh.png

Cannot wait until the utter tinpot diddy governments in both Holyrood and Westminster are eventually forced into a humiliating climbdown over international travel.

Within the Schengen zone so not really international travel. There is a reason those Jumbos are idle. 

Edited by Detournement

36 minutes ago, Elixir said:

They wont be compulsory, but having to show a vaccination record or a negative test is still a restriction imo. I'd say the crisis is over in the UK, apart from a few folk getting a cough for a few days which shouldn't restrict the whole country 

47 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Schools go back late Aug in Scotland and Sept in England. 90% of adults will be double dosed by then. Restrictions should have ended when elderly and vulnerable were double dosed. We dont stop the world for the cold and flu which is what covid basically is for those outwith the elderly/vulnerable groups 

Ignoring the "no shouting or singing" which will be roundly ignored why are they now saying that you can't hold an event around the Euros and take bookings when loads of pubs in Glasgow (and I'm guessing Scotland) are already fully booked for the Scotland games? Leitch will almost be hoping we go out without scoring a goal in case some strangers get too close to each other in a pub.

I don’t get this. Surely they’d rather people were booked into events that were controlled with limited numbers?

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I don’t get this. Surely they’d rather people were booked into events that were controlled with limited numbers?

They probably realised that Friday is going to be a bigger day for mixing than Christmas was and are starting to panic. 

They are, try getting a table. No one is cancelling either, why would they when there is no legal requirement to cancel !

True, we’re booked into 3 sisters in Edinburgh and a few during the day. We’ve not had a proper day or night away as a group in over a year so decided to use this as an excuse after cancelling London.

Also agree they’ve probably realised this is going to be one of the busiest days in Scotland for meeting and drinking and might be trying to mitigate any impact.

Government down south already briefing/leaking that the June 21st easing of restrictions are likely to be delayed by "up to 4 weeks", can't see us not following suit.

Most of Scotland’s unlocking has already been delayed, realistically the central belt in the best case scenario will go to Level 1 at the end of June, and Level 0 towards the end of July. And even at that it’s far from guaranteed. There was never firm plans for a June 21st style unlocking.

I share most people’s frustration about the pace of unlocking in Scotland but it isn’t unfair to say Sturgeon is more than happy to lead when bad news arrives. October, December and May lockdowns/slowdowns have been done weeks before Johnson inevitably does it in England.

The new July date in England won’t meet anybody’s expectations either, for what it’s worth. It’ll still be work from home, social distancing, wear face coverings.

Most of Scotland’s unlocking has already been delayed, realistically the central belt in the best case scenario will go to Level 1 at the end of June, and Level 0 towards the end of July. And even at that it’s far from guaranteed. There was never firm plans for a June 21st style unlocking.

I share most people’s frustration about the pace of unlocking in Scotland but it isn’t unfair to say Sturgeon is more than happy to lead when bad news arrives. October, December and May lockdowns/slowdowns have been done weeks before Johnson inevitably does it in England.

The new July date in England won’t meet anybody’s expectations either, for what it’s worth. It’ll still be work from home, social distancing, wear face coverings.
I think end September everyone double jagged has always been their "target". Plays out perfectly for them with even English school holidays over before overseas holidays resume.