Coronavirus (COVID-19)

All priority groups should now have been offered at least 1 dose.  

When publishing hospital figures we really need to start seeing % of those in hospital after 1 dose and % of those in hospital after 2 doses. 

Otherwise we're going to be held back due to folk who have refused the vaccine or who have tested positive while in hospital for completely some unrelated reason. Just showing infection rates and total # in hospital is not a true reflection of how dangerous the virus is anymore.  

50 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I think we can safely file that group in as "refusers" given that the line has not moved substantially since April. 

The government had better not be using them to hold off on removing restrictions. 

We simply can’t do anything about refusers getting ill.  They’ve made their bed.  Let them lie in it.

If we get a wave of refusers requiring hospital treatment then fine,  if there’s capacity they can get treated,  if for some reason the wave got big enough that there wasn’t capacity then refuse them treatment.  It’s not complicated and not a problem that requires any restrictions placed on anyone else.

Had a really awkward moment yesterday when one of the company directors stuck his hand out for a handshake.

And I looked at it.

And I looked at him

And I looked at it.

And he said "Well don't leave me hanging fella"

And I said "I absolutely will. Nobody does that any more"

And he took offence and stomped off.

Thing is, he's never stopped shaking hands. He worked straight through Covid when everyone was on furlough, travelling the country, meeting customers, shaking their hands.

Now I'm the weirdo

How's everyone else handling the handshake thing? 
I'm pretty anti social so didn't do much hand shaking anyway.

Play golf regularly, and at the end of the round it's usually a fist bump, which tbf is a progression from the horrendous elbow bump of last year. At this rate we'll be shaking hands again by 2023.

Dundee is absolutely riddled with covid at the moment, however the last time we had similar infection rates the number of patients in hospital with covid was over 12 times what it currently is. It drives me mental that this is pushed out as being anything other than good news. 

Unless that data is out of date, which I don't think it is as it's drawn from the published Coronavirus dashboard, it doesn't suggest to me that admissions in England are doubling every 7 days. Furthermore the week on week increase is undeniable but it doesn't scream "emergency" to me. Quite modest so far, actually. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

@Detournement

Tony boy and Schwab won't be happy, I guess. #TheGreatReset

Good news. There is no doubt the vast majority of people are against vaccine passports.

I still expect a push towards them and Blair got in front of this argument on Sunday with his bizarre comments about "rethinking" what discrimination means. 

Much like VT claiming I was wrong about international travel at a time when no one is going on holiday abroad I think you are overlooking the important issue vaccine passports are going to be used for the first time in the UK tomorrow. It has undeniably begun.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That’s stobart air who operate flights into Rep of Ireland from the UK gone under. Their financing structure unable to provide support due to the uncertainty etc. Think this will very much be the tip of the iceberg, smaller airlines imo will be the first, which given their vital role in Scotland linking remote island communities etc would be a massive loss. The government really have to give clear reassurance as to what the actual level or marker for opening up travel is, if its end of September for double dosing then its disgusting but they should still front up and tell us. 

WFH will kill those airlines. 

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I agree with this obviously. 

The UK state also played it's part in murdering 1 million Iraqis, it killed 300,000 British people with austerity and discriminates against people every single day. Politics aren't a Radio 4 morality debate. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Good news. There is no doubt the vast majority of people are against vaccine passports.

I still expect a push towards them and Blair got in front of this argument on Sunday with his bizarre comments about "rethinking" what discrimination means. 

Much like VT claiming I was wrong about international travel at a time when no one is going on holiday abroad I think you are overlooking the important issue vaccine passports are going to be used for the first time in the UK tomorrow. It has undeniably begun.

Like how it 'begun' in Israel but was subsequently fired straight in the bin when it was clearly pointless/not being enforced/no longer required. The same will be happening in Denmark before long. It's simply not going to be a thing once the health situation has passed, so at that point you'll have to find a new conspiracy. Unlucky.

It is also only a matter of time before international travel meaningfully reopens. It's happening on the continent and in the US. As if those tiny cock wee wanks down in London will want to put that slice of the pie in jeopardy.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats me joined the ranks of the invincible Pfizer army.

I have been assured by the nurse that the microchips wont set off metal detectors. That was my only concern.

Not until you get the firmware upgrade with the second jag. 

Ignoring the "no shouting or singing" which will be roundly ignored why are they now saying that you can't hold an event around the Euros and take bookings when loads of pubs in Glasgow (and I'm guessing Scotland) are already fully booked for the Scotland games? Leitch will almost be hoping we go out without scoring a goal in case some strangers get too close to each other in a pub.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Ignoring the "no shouting or singing" which will be roundly ignored why are they now saying that you can't hold an event around the Euros and take bookings when loads of pubs in Glasgow (and I'm guessing Scotland) are already fully booked for the Scotland games? Leitch will almost be hoping we go out without scoring a goal in case some strangers get too close to each other in a pub.

so they are going to have thousands of people looking to get into pubs and wandering the streets?

These people are absolute fucking morons. 

I have a table booked in my local for all the Scotland games. Not heard about it being cancelled.