Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There a decent cider selection? 

Or is it really just beer, cider, soft drink and that’s your lot! 

Obviously for bringing my own spirits reasons! 

Beer is Heineken or Heineken 0.0, cider is strongbow original or dark fruits. I think there was wine but didn’t look.

They’re pretty thorough with their searches including a full metal detector scanner type thing so make sure you hide the spirits wisely.

10 hours ago, ClathyDave said:

I left Edinburgh this morning to move to the US. Sat having a beer watching the game in Detroit airport, then one more flight to Columbus. Ohio has lifted all its restrictions, can’t bloody wait 🍻 

If the Theta variant is first discovered in Ohio, we will know what's happened. 

Had a really awkward moment yesterday when one of the company directors stuck his hand out for a handshake.

And I looked at it.

And I looked at him

And I looked at it.

And he said "Well don't leave me hanging fella"

And I said "I absolutely will. Nobody does that any more"

And he took offence and stomped off.

Thing is, he's never stopped shaking hands. He worked straight through Covid when everyone was on furlough, travelling the country, meeting customers, shaking their hands.

Now I'm the weirdo

How's everyone else handling the handshake thing? 

9 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

If Rachael Riley tested positive & I matched her on tinder I’d happily go round and self isolate with her for 2 weeks

You'd emerge with a smile on your face and a commitment to blow Palestine of the face of the Earth.

Guest Bob Mahelp
25 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Had a really awkward moment yesterday when one of the company directors stuck his hand out for a handshake.

And I looked at it.

And I looked at him

And I looked at it.

Thing is, he's never stopped shaking hands. He worked straight through Covid when everyone was on furlough, travelling the country, meeting customers, shaking their hands.

Now I'm the weirdo

You're definitely the weirdo. 

Not shaking hands is soooooo 2020. I've moved on to hugging everyone now (vaccinated twice, so f**k all these ridiculous restrictions). 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

And I looked at it.

And I looked at him

And I looked at it.

Now I'm the weirdo

Never stopped doing handshakes.

Up to everyone to make their choice.

If you turned him down, he shouldn’t hold it against you.

I admire him for his refusal to be subhuman, though.

10 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

If Rachael Riley tested positive & I matched her on tinder I’d happily go round and self isolate with her for 2 weeks

I’d rather stand on some Lego than go anywhere near that horrible nazi cow, but each to their own 🤷‍♂️

That’s stobart air who operate flights into Rep of Ireland from the UK gone under. Their financing structure unable to provide support due to the uncertainty etc. Think this will very much be the tip of the iceberg, smaller airlines imo will be the first, which given their vital role in Scotland linking remote island communities etc would be a massive loss. The government really have to give clear reassurance as to what the actual level or marker for opening up travel is, if its end of September for double dosing then its disgusting but they should still front up and tell us. 

And I looked at it.

And I looked at him

And I looked at it.

Now I'm the weirdo

If someone goes to shake my hand I’ll do it, couldn’t really care less about it. At the end of my amateur football games everyone shakes hands like normal so don’t want to be the dick who doesn’t.

As someone else said, shouldn’t be held against you if you don’t want to though.

I think we can safely file that group in as "refusers" given that the line has not moved substantially since April. 

The government had better not be using them to hold off on removing restrictions. 

BBC and Sky both have gone with a "currently hospital admission in England from Covid doubling every 7 days" line this morning. Our figures are nothing like that so what's the difference here or is it simply another blatant misrepresentation of figures ?

I think we can safely file that group in as "refusers" given that the line has not moved substantially since April. 
The government had better not be using them to hold off on removing restrictions. 
That's between 8-10% of over 50s unvaccinated which flies in the face of every uptake figure published so far for that cohort but yes your right we can't keep wholesale restrictions to appease them.

And I looked at it.

And I looked at him

And I looked at it.

Now I'm the weirdo

I'd definitely class you making a big deal of a token gesture as the strange behaviour, especially if you were already comfortable enough to allow him within hand-shaking distance. 

BBC and Sky both have gone with a "currently hospital admission in England from Covid doubling every 7 days" line this morning. Our figures are nothing like that so what's the difference here or is it simply another blatant misrepresentation of figures ?

We have seen that trend, bearing in mind that hospital admissions are not the same as total hospital numbers - a steady stream of people exiting hospital has kept our rise fairly modest, given the explosion in cases.

Nonetheless we went from a 7 day average of 8.4 new hospital admissions per day on May 16th, to 20.5 per day on June 2nd. That upwards trend will almost definitely still be ongoing while cases remain high. Data available here: https://beta.isdscotland.org/find-publications-and-data/population-health/covid-19/covid-19-statistical-report/9-june-2021/dashboard/

Not quite doubling every seven days here, more every 10-11, but they may have started from a lower base in England. Hospital numbers will continue to climb here for as long as cases do, but hopefully it remains slow.

De risking anything means a tolerable level of risk remains.

Thats something that all these stattos who w**k themselves silly over an upward curve would do well to remember.

Returning our civil liberties, taken under emergency powers shouldnt be getting discussed in terms of we should do this or we should wait and see that.

It should at this point only be on a basis of genuine data and evidence command that we retain x restriction till y date. At this point we are all just a bit too comfortable with the wait and see shite