Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

For the umpteenth time, whilst it is clear the vaccines are breaking the link, cases yesterday only ever lead to hospitalisations a couple of weeks later.

I don't think you know what 'breaking the link' means. 

Which election was it he won again?

Can imagine him running to Sturgeon going mental because someone tried to smuggle bucky into the fanzone.

Off you go to your pews Leitch.

The requirement to wear masks in indoor environments in Israel will be binned on 15th June.

A reminder that pre-pandemic normality does in fact await once the overwhelming majority of people in all adult age groups are fully vaccinated, regardless of what some public health or conspiracy weirdos state. Convinced what is currently in the media is simply fluffing and noise until we reach that threshold.

I see that c**t Leitch is saying that if there's behaviour they don't like the fan zone could be pulled.
Asked if the fan zone would be pulled if it resulted in clusters of cases, he said: "Of course. And if we see behaviour that we don't think is appropriate."

He really is a fucking c**t.

Nicola Sturgeon seems to be stepping away from speaking to the general population as though we're all naughty school kids. Jason seems to be trying to pick up the slack for that - the c**t.

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Nicola Sturgeon seems to be stepping away from speaking to the general population as though we're all naughty school kids. Jason seems to be trying to pick up the slack for that - the c**t.

Sturgeon isn't daft. She knows people are going to be pissed off when they are double jagged and still under restrictions so put the civil servant up to take the flak. 

Edited by Detournement

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Oh he's a p***k all right. I got in the car last Saturday and it takes a few seconds for my phone to connect to the speakers and Off the Ball was on. I can't remember exactly what he said but I was close to letting off a volley of fucking c**t get to f**k until I remembered my wee boy was in the car with me.

29 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I see that c**t Leitch is saying that if there's behaviour they don't like the fan zone could be pulled.

Absolute egotism. 

It is absolutely wild how much a little bit of power goes to some people’s heads. He has become a genuine headcase with this, issuing thinly veiled threats to the public regularly throughout that if they don’t comply he’ll make their lives harder. 

Absolutely disgraceful stuff.

It is absolutely wild how much a little bit of power goes to some people’s heads. He has become a genuine headcase with this, issuing thinly veiled threats to the public regularly throughout that if they don’t comply he’ll make their lives harder. 
Absolutely disgraceful stuff.

The message now must be “the vaccines work, we’re confident this’ll be over shortly, but be careful or we could f**k it up.”

Not “don’t enjoy yourself or I’ll f**k you all up”

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The message now must be “the vaccines work, we’re confident this’ll be over shortly, but be careful or we could f**k it up.”

Not “don’t enjoy yourself or I’ll f**k you all up”

I listened to Leitch on the radio this morning and that’s exactly the message I got.

Then again I’m not a fucking halfwit.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely at this point anyone who wants a proper few drinks and a bounce for the football is running a mile from the fanzone. 

Yeah, unfortunately both attendance of the games themselves and the fanzone have both intentionally been turned into dreadful experiences. Unbelievable that they’d rather have people packing out indoor pubs and households than opening up the outdoor games and fanzines where transmission is significantly less likely.

Yeah, unfortunately both attendance of the games themselves and the fanzone have both intentionally been turned into dreadful experiences. Unbelievable that they’d rather have people packing out indoor pubs and households than opening up the outdoor games and fanzines where transmission is significantly less likely.

Had this debate with a friend the other night. Perth has both the north and south inch. A fan zone could’ve easily been set up at either inch and local bars could’ve been offered a stall. Offsets any complaints of business being removed from pubs and a social distancing aspect being allowed.

I’ve no clue why the council didn’t attempt to put this in place.

25 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Big rugby game at Murrayfield with 16,000ish fans I noticed happening two weeks tomorrow.

Odd that the media and lovejoys don’t seem to have a bricker about how irresponsible this is...

In fairness, there has not really been a great deal of Lovejoying about the actual games themselves at Hampden, which have four times as many people as a fanzone but in a smaller and more enclosed space. The discourse around them has been absolutely ludicrous, and I have no idea who is driving it.

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The requirement to wear masks in indoor environments in Israel will be binned on 15th June.

A reminder that pre-pandemic normality does in fact await once the overwhelming majority of people in all adult age groups are fully vaccinated, regardless of what some public health or conspiracy weirdos state. Convinced what is currently in the media is simply fluffing and noise until we reach that threshold.

I agree with this. I think it's simply a mixture of this and also a small part of worrying that if something does go wrong they'll be held responsible. They've already had the blame for deaths in the previous two waves due to not being cautious enough, and there's a bit of an overcorrection. I don't think there's anything more sinister than that.

I actually quite liked Leitch at the very start of this. I heard him a couple of times on the radio as a guest on the breakfast news before he was wallpaper on the telly and all over the place, and his down to earth and "normal" speak appealed to me at a time when no fucker really knew what was happening - he explained it quite well.

In my view he's absolutely transformed from someone who seemed down to earth and came over well, to an egotistical, patronising, power and celeb status hungry worst c**t, who I now would not piss on if he was on fire. 

He's definitely looking to keep his profile up as long as possible and milk this for all he can get. I await the announcement of his biography, probably titled something like " The People's Professor - How I Singlehandedly Guided Scotland Through COVID".

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The discourse around them has been absolutely ludicrous, and I have no idea who is driving it.

Parents upset that their two that huvnae had it huvnae got a nursery graduation to go to either seemingly.

Actually it's a perfect example of the shite side of social media. Some fruit-loop raised a point and, rather than been laughed and told to get themselves to f**k, people instead start virtue signalling and backing the point up. It then reaches a point where people seemingly can't think for themselves and (rather than just ignore something) decide that the 'majority' opinion is the one they want to be seen getting behind, and add their voice.

See also: Lockdowns. Masks. Variants. People going to the beach.

Edited by Todd_is_God