Coronavirus (COVID-19)

52 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Johnson giving it the "no ones safe until everyone is safe" line this morning when justifying the vaccine donation pledge. Surely this is simply going to lead to an extended restriction on international travel. BBC this morning saying non essential travel to the USA unlikely before "late summer / early autumn at best" . It would appear there is going to be little change to any "green" list before the end of the English school holidays.

They also had Zahawi on with figs like 20k new cases and 100 deaths a day being tossed out there WITHOUT further relaxation by next month. This is crazy talk even in the context of attempting to justify delaying further relaxation.

Maybe they are trying to find a good excuse for giving away the booster doses they needlessly bought?

23 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

24 year old Edinburger vaccine appointment received this morning.

Did I push it back a week because I didn’t want it ruining my weekend/I want to leave it until after Scotland win the Euros? Not for me to say but yes.

13/07 for my microchip.

I’m the same, 26 in Edinburgh and got appointment today... for a couple of hours before the Croatia game. I didn’t go as far as you, rearranged for 2nd July. If we make the quarters another rearrangement potentially required.

28 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

24 year old Edinburger vaccine appointment received this morning.

Did I push it back a week because I didn’t want it ruining my weekend/I want to leave it until after Scotland win the Euros? Not for me to say but yes.

13/07 for my microchip.

13/07/2121 then?

2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

11 cases of COVID amongst those that went to that nightclub test event in Liverpool, and that was amongst those that haven't been vaccinated . 

Public need to get to the stage where they are questioning this, rather than just rolling over 

It was 11 cases over 4 test events!

Yet another thing that doom monger Deepti has been wrong about- she was up in arms about it being allowed to go ahead and was adamant it would cause an outbreak in the community (which never happened)

I cant see anything in the media about autumn etc? Most just non committal ‘asap’ nonsense. Hope this isnt the case [emoji20]
It was an interview with Zawahi on BBC breakfast. He was very vague when pressed but basically said it wasn't high on the discussion agenda at the G7

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

How will it make the impact look any better?  The NHS will still have to take extra precautions with Covid positive patients to avoid staff catching the virus etc.  I'm guessing this will have an impact on available space in wards which have to be set aside for positive patients.

It will make the figures look better and possibly allow further restriction easing but won't make any difference to the NHS.

16 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It was 11 cases over 4 test events!

Yet another thing that doom monger Deepti has been wrong about- she was up in arms about it being allowed to go ahead and was adamant it would cause an outbreak in the community (which never happened)

She should be huckled out the door of whichever institution she's dragging into the mud with her. The David Starkey figure of public health. 

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

How will it make the impact look any better?  The NHS will still have to take extra precautions with Covid positive patients to avoid staff catching the virus etc.  

It shouldn't require extra precautions above those for any other infectious disease, given that NHS staff and all high risk categories who could be double jabbed are double jabbed. 

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

How will it make the impact look any better?  The NHS will still have to take extra precautions with Covid positive patients to avoid staff catching the virus etc.  I'm guessing this will have an impact on available space in wards which have to be set aside for positive patients.

It will make the figures look better and possibly allow further restriction easing but won't make any difference to the NHS.

If they don't have symptoms they won't end up in ICU. 

Non symptomatic people who trigger a PCR test are highly unlikely to be infectious.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

It shouldn't require extra precautions above those for any other infectious disease, given that NHS staff and all high risk categories who could be double jabbed are double jabbed. 

Leaving aside the fact you are obviously correct.

Not a chance the Lovejoys, VaRiANtZ and Protect the NHS!!!!1! lot will let that happen

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Non symptomatic people who trigger a PCR test are highly unlikely to be infectious.

Government messaging since last March has been about how asymptomatic transmission is so dangerous.

They are going to have a long road ahead of them to undo the fear they created.

30 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

So 1011 cases day before yesterday resulting in 0 (zero) hospitalisation yesterday. 

Enough now.

For the umpteenth time, whilst it is clear the vaccines are breaking the link, cases yesterday only ever lead to hospitalisations a couple of weeks later.

Also, not clear where you got your data  of zero hospitalisations yesterday?  Does that mean no-one was discharged too?

I see that c**t Leitch is saying that if there's behaviour they don't like the fan zone could be pulled.

Asked if the fan zone would be pulled if it resulted in clusters of cases, he said: "Of course. And if we see behaviour that we don't think is appropriate."

Absolute egotism. 

Edited by super_carson

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

For the umpteenth time, whilst it is clear the vaccines are breaking the link, cases yesterday only ever lead to hospitalisations a couple of weeks later.

Also, not clear where you got your data  of zero hospitalisations yesterday?  Does that mean no-one was discharged too?

What? People testing positive for COVID only become sick enough for hospital weeks later? Since when?

maybe people were discharged but we are having 5000 thousand confirmed cases per week (and who knows how many more undiagnosed) and hospital numbers aren’t increasing.