Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

What the f**k even is a Nursery Graduation. That guy is an absolute arsehole

Always thought that loosening of restrictions (or not) would be when things got really aggravating, but that fucking arsehole of a dad is the tip of the iceberg.

I asked a similar question earlier today, though hoping someone in the know can answer.
As I understand the Scottish emergency coronavirus act is linked entirely to the UK act and the powers within are only devolved through that legislation.
Can someone with more understanding of it all advise if the UK bins the Coronavirus Act, does that also mean the Scottish act can’t be enforced / naturally comes to an end as it is tied to the powers granted by the UK in exceptional circumstances?
STV news who carried the story implied it was entirely up to the SG although it can no longer be "imposed" and needs to be debated and voted through.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Always thought that loosening of restrictions (or not) would be when things got really aggravating, but that fucking arsehole of a dad is the tip of the iceberg.

I cannot even begin to imagine how embarrassing it must be to go on national TV and moan about missing a 'nursery graduation'. 

You fucking twat. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Vote this week to extend SGs emergency powers until "at least" 31/3/22 according to STV. Expected to pass without much objection

Absolutely no need to extend the powers at this point in time.  The current emergency powers don’t run out for months.  By the time they run out pretty much everyone will be fully vaccinated.  Trying to force this through before the summer recess is disgraceful.

Can't believe our National broadcaster gave significant airtime to that roaster. You don't graduate nursery, you get too old to go.

His grievance is with the Scottish Government and their unnecessary restrictions rather than people enjoying themselves at an outdoor event

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Vote this week to extend SGs emergency powers until "at least" 31/3/22 according to STV. Expected to pass without much objection

The government is to introduce a new bill which would effectively extend this deadline until next March.

It would also give parliament the option of agreeing to a further extension until 30 September 2022.

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Not a headline we thought we’d see. An absolute fucking disgrace we’ve landed in a situation where politicians are screaming for masked, distanced people to need a vaccine passport to attend a football match.

Makes you wonder why they're not trusting the vaccines to do their job or the fact that folk are social distancing. A bizarre mindset to have. As sad as it is to say I feel vaccine passports are inevitable here for domestic use. Biden traipsing half way around the world to talk about their use makes me thing the rest of the G7 leaders will follow the mighty yanks 🙄

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Exactly, all this American shite patter for anyone defending the Scottish government,
Full scale hatchet job for having the audacity to allow 6000 distanced people outdoors in a massive fucking park ( how would you control that on a normal day?)
This is the first and only concession they have made since all this began

IMG_1623257122.959300.thumb.jpg.21fc40d037bd51e4b4e6c1a5cd88ba5e.jpg

This as other countries are allowing full stadiums
Meanwhile the telfon tories just lurch from one farce to another

Mental
SNP BAD

Scotland isnt the most lenient for a start. Amsterdam arent requiring any tests/passports either and I'm sure theyll have more than 12k there 

The whole relationship between Scottish football and Scottish politics is fascinating. Since devolution it seems like Scottish politics has used football as a way to connect with people and make the Holyrood government relevant to people’s lives. Older P&Bers can enlighten me but I don’t think many MPs ever expressed views about Scottish football on or off the pitch in, for example, the 1970s or 80s when issues like racism, sectarianism and hooliganism were far more widespread and serious than they are now. Yet we have far more involvement now than previously. Did MPs ever comment on Rangers effectively never signing Catholics or on serious casual problems at, say, Hibs and Aberdeen in the 80s?  Now Lennon and McCoist tell each other to f**k off and we have a government summit.

Part of it is the newly created Parliament wanting to connect with people, part of it also the influence of a Blairism, which saw apeing the proles enthusiasms as a key part of maintaining a political connection. Thus you had The PM giving his opinion on whether the England manager should be fired as well as the trial of Deirdre on Corrie.  For all Scottish politics radical flexing it remains here that Blair’s legacy lives on, ironic as it could end up dissolving the country he was elected leader of.

The other aspect of Blairism that lives on in the relationship between is the nudging and the criminalisation of behaviour - Blair’s government brought in Asbos and ‘five a day’ requirements, in Scotland we combine banning happy hour and minimum pricing with bringing in legislation (initially supported by all parties lest anyone forget) to potentially criminalise football fans for behaviour not illegal among others. Here though there is a departure from the shadow of the pretty straight guy. Scottish nationalism is a civic nationalism, a defining feature is that it sees independence and nationalism as a road to improvement. ‘Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation’ - clearly the better nation might not have a place for yer auld da or a load of 17 year olds drinking Buckfast on a supporters bus. This is different to how nationalism often presents itself, there isn’t much harking back to the past in Scotland. Maybe the reluctance to trust football fans with alcohol, in the fanzone or stadium, does hark back to a more austere Scottishness but I think that’s a reach. I’m a cynic by nature and we could do with a lot of changes in Scotland so perhaps they are right to do it.

What a long post to say nothing in.