Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Want them to have the rights to shoot on sight too comrade?

If it stops the spread of this virus, then yes.

I say the army on the streets, but only because their presence would surely keep people indoors. 

Work car park (manufacturing) full today. People still going about their day to day business as normal

10 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

As I work in financial services I'm classed as a key worker. I am not comfortable at all having to make a 60 minute round trip every day by train where I have no other option. I understand in my role it's important as so many people will be isolated and need access to the bank but I also care about my family and the impact this will have on them. Situations absolutely fucked.

^^^^ enforcer for a loan shark.

My missus went to thr hairdresser last week. Bird cutting her hair said her and the weans were unaffected by Covid as they all got it in November. 
Ummm...maybe..aye, sound. 

Must have been in Forfar?

22 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

As I work in financial services I'm classed as a key worker. I am not comfortable at all having to make a 60 minute round trip every day by train where I have no other option. I understand in my role it's important as so many people will be isolated and need access to the bank but I also care about my family and the impact this will have on them. Situations absolutely fucked.

I'm same as you and with a longer commute.

Lots of very unhappy people in our building to say the least, especially when half of our Management and Analysts are working from home and also having big discussions about claiming back their Rail and Bus tickets etc while the rest of us are  stuck here and also having to pay for the privilege !!

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ve read a few people have been saying that they believe Coronavirus has been on the go here for much longer than the authorities are reporting. They also said they had an unusual cold/flu type thing around about Christmas that they’ve never experienced before. I had that and it lingered on and off until mid Feb. Anyone in the same boat?

I've also hear people say they believe the earth is flat.  it might be the same people. 

8 hours ago, red23 said:

Probably better leaving it for people that need jobs? quite a lot of those at present, rather than topping up your existing pay.

Especially if the existing pay is being paid by the government i.e. you and me.  

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I've also hear people say they believe the earth is flat.  it might be the same people. 

I don't understand why you find that so outrageous considering it was widely known to be in existence in Wuhan back in November. As such it's easy to assume that people with the virus were freely travelling around long before any lockdown was put in place.

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

King Gammon being a c**t

Folk will still work for him after it's over and loads will buy his cheap bevvy. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but too many put pounds over cuntishness in our society at present.