Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There's a roaster at my work who asked to be furloughed during the second wave because he was afraid of getting Covid. Just discovered he's refused the vaccine.

3rd hand rumours from someone who works in a pub but apparently Edinburgh might be going into Tier 3, no idea if they’re truthful or if it’s just chat based on our numbers.

I must say that I’m absolutely 100% sure everyone will not gather to watch Scotland at the Euros.

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

3rd hand rumours from someone who works in a pub but apparently Edinburgh might be going into Tier 3, no idea if they’re truthful or if it’s just chat based on our numbers.

I must say that I’m absolutely 100% sure everyone will not gather to watch Scotland at the Euros.

That won't happen surely.

Would love to see them stopping those from Edinburgh travelling through to Hampden for the Euro's and Wembley next week. 

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

That won't happen surely.

Would love to see them stopping those from Edinburgh travelling through to Hampden for the Euro's and Wembley next week. 

Given they made no effort to stop folk from Glasgow coming to Edinburgh when Glasgow was still in Tier / Level 3 I can't see any restrictions actually being enforced for movement in the opposite direction. Then again...

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

We can mock them (and in many ways we should), but theyre back to normal and not shiting themselves by anywhere near the levels we have. 

Their recovery spending has been incredible they also have far greater degree of devolution and a far more rebellious and sometimes mental population. Which means restrictions are eased so masks and social distancing have been chucked country wide for those with 2 jags but of course some states did this way earlier.

However their border controls still seem incredibly tough, especially if you want to leave North America and you can't have normality if large chunks of the world are inaccessible, imo.

However I would probably take the current restrictions in America over those imposed in Scotland.

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Nature is healing xx

Off the thread topic but that's an absolutely wild video. First off, how on earth does the ref let them play on from the tackle - it's blatantly a clear foul, probably borderline red card (I assume that's what the guy eventually gets sent off for but its such a riot that it's hard to tell). Then when he does go to see VAR why do they all go so bananas? It's not like it's a remotely controversial decision to overturn that goal...

I've just tested positive after being there. Only in for the length of the game, had 1 pint, only left my booth once for a few minutes in the smoking area and now I'm going to be isolating for the beginning of the Euros. No symptoms, just climbed a mountain, not allowed to leave the house.
f**k this man.
It's only a game, so put up a real good fight.
I'm gonna be infecting you tonight.
I'm famed for my aim, so you better believe I'm right.
I'm gonna be infecting you, infecting you tonight.

Tough break

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I reckon there will be a lot of people at Hampden/Wembley that aren’t fully vaccinated, how do the LFT negative test thing work? Will they need to upload results to an app or something? I can’t be done with this technology pish 

After you've done a test you are meant to log it on some COVID tracking app or Government website. I couldn't find anything on the Protect Scotland app to do it but ended up doing it on the UK Government website.  

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I managed to log into the school app and the score is, they are awaiting the result of a covid test, and kids were not to attend today because thats what "public health" said. I think thats fairly reasonable if you get that message the night before, but not at 0800. 

So what should they be doing while waiting for the outcome of a test? Letting them batter into school as usual until they get the call later that day? 

'Disruption to parents' should quite rightly be at the bottom of the list of priorities right now. 

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

After you've done a test you are meant to log it on some COVID tracking app or Government website. I couldn't find anything on the Protect Scotland app to do it but ended up doing it on the UK Government website.  

I don’t have any of the apps. I may be stupid by asking this but what’s preventing you from saying you’ve tested negative without testing or if you’ve had a positive LFT? 

Ive never had a covid test, don’t have the apps etc, but may need it for Hampden as I’m not double dosed 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don’t have any of the apps. I may be stupid by asking this but what’s preventing you from saying you’ve tested negative without testing or if you’ve had a positive LFT? 

Ive never had a covid test, don’t have the apps etc, but may need it for Hampden as I’m not double dosed 

You ain’t getting in mate.  You’d be as well sending me your tickets.

Edited by Left Back

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

So what should they be doing while waiting for the outcome of a test? Letting them batter into school as usual until they get the call later that day? 

'Disruption to parents' should quite rightly be at the bottom of the list of priorities right now. 

Not the kid who is undergoing a test no. Everyone else should isolate if a positive test is confirmed. I dont really think blanket approaches of isolating everyone who has possibly been in contact with someone who may or may not have covid is a credible response. 

I have no idea on what basis the parents of a child decided to get them tested. I dont think thats good enough for kids, or adults at this stage, and will result in continued nonsense demands to isolate for all, not just the section of society that you apparently have a problem with. Not doing your credbility any favours being unable to stop grinding your axe with kids and parents as it undermines your otherwise more sensible positions of the diminishing need for any of this shit. 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You can just tell the “2 week extension” of the England restrictions will turn into another “3 weeks to flatten the curve”, and here we are 15 months later 🙄 

I can’t see it. In fact optimistically I still think they will stick to 21st June.

If not, I honestly think it will just be 2 weeks to batter out the remaining over 50s vaccines.

The lovejoys, though getting the column inches to sell papers / fear are not the majority now and the public won’t put up with it much longer.

26 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

New measures announced to tackle the outbreak in Greater Manchester and Lancashire !!!

'Advised' not to travel outside the area and avoid meeting indoors.

So, can comfortably be filed in the bin but looks like something is being done for the Lovejoy Brigade - and indeed something they can follow too!

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nothing really. If you use the Government site I think you can scan the QR code on the LFT stick and it picks up the kit number but not the result which you just enter yourself.

6 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I can’t see it. In fact optimistically I still think they will stick to 21st June.

If not, I honestly think it will just be 2 weeks to batter out the remaining over 50s vaccines.

The lovejoys, though getting the column inches to sell papers / fear are not the majority now and the public won’t put up with it much longer.

I genuinely hope you are right about this. It does feel a bit like the public opinion has swayed from the 'we just don't know' shite and these morons are the ones still being cherry-picked for news articles rather than representing the majority of thought.