Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Have any of you managed to get a checkup at your dentist yet?

6-8 weeks away for an appointment in mine for any appointments whether that's a checkup or treatment.  I got an emergency appointment last week for toothache but for any actual treatment other than painkillers and antibiotics I'm waiting until early August.

It's hardly MUCH lower. 3% compared to 1% is pretty close to very little.
I just can't get excited about any of these numbers and I don't understand why people are losing their collective shit over them.
Maybe I'll start getting worried when deaths/hospitalisations start rising in doubly vaccinated people.
Until then, this all just sounds like utterly irrelevant noise.
You are taking the piss now. 3% is 200% more than 1% in this context. Don't get me started on Pizza again.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

20 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

I'm in on Wednesday, think it was about 4 weeks ago I made the appointment. 

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

My appointment in January was cancelled. I was told to phone in March, then told to phone in May. 

Called last week and have an appointment in August. That was the first slot they had available. Given I won't have been in a year by that stage (and normally go every six months) I have a mild dose of the fear about it.

I haven't been to mine in 7 years, which I'm well aware is absolutely disgraceful behaviour. 

Emailed by NHS dentist in April hoping to get one for June/July after some easing, got one the following week. I think they're just limited on the numbers they can do at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Only one I had cancelled was during the first lockdown.

13 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

WE JUST DON'T KNOW #FBPE

In fact f**k me, did thye not say that pre vaccine 10% of those infected would be admited to hospital,  thats just over 1% of those infected with this super bad varient that supposedly increased the risk of hospitalisation ?  am i right or wrong? 

Image result for women smoking cigars

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

40 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

I got one within a couple weeks, but they did say that some of the dentists were doing routine checkups and others weren't. Couple of issues showed up on x-ray, getting the work done but it is about 2 months wait, think the ones that are doing NHS work are very busy.

58 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

No problems up here. My routine NHS checkup was postponed from March to June last year, but had one in January and got one next week as usual. Not needed any work, mind, apparently there's a waiting list for this on NHS.

32 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Wasnt there some kinda shit stirring person saying just earlier today and quoted that there were 25% of people vaccinated or something. If 3 people out of over 120 have been hospitalised then the reasonable reaction is to immediately knight every last one of the wonderful good guy scientists who developed and championed them and declare Devi and Leitch as Prince Andrews. 

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's hardly MUCH lower. 3% compared to 1% is pretty close to very little.

I just can't get excited about any of these numbers and I don't understand why people are losing their collective shit over them.

Maybe I'll start getting worried when deaths/hospitalisations start rising in doubly vaccinated people.

Until then, this all just sounds like utterly irrelevant noise.

The opposite really, Denmark's numbers look higher than other European countries purely because they seem to be testing more than most.  No one's getting that excited about it.

As you say, hospital numbers are more relevant to where we go from now on (or they should be)

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I saw an email at work today asking "Education Staff" aged 18-29 to "register" for their vaccination appointment by 11 June and the link was most definitely a Scottish NHS site. Is this a new development ?

couple of weeks ago or so this registration thing for 18-29s was announced.  it's not specific to any sector.  all 18-29s