Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder if anyone in power has considered the effect of a food ban on type 1 diabetics.

Err, please, you think type 1 diabetes matters more than possible Covid-19?  7dTWNk4.png

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Headline: ah shit, that's not good. 

Oh, wait, its not SAGE at all then; it's that Independent SAGE lot again. Why is a pressure group being given equal billing here by our national broadcaster? 

Screenshot_20210607_101806_com.android.chrome.jpg

He is literally a discredited, raving old man who quite clearly pishes his trousers. Incredible he is still given air time.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

4 % in other words, fuckin 4%

I believe the latest PHE report suggested it was ~2.5% of those going into hospital are fully vaxxed, which if within two or three weeks of the second dose could realistically be yet lower still. Ironically, even if it was 4%, this would be even better than indicated in clinical trials. Such tiny numbers of the fully vaxxed, vulnerable population needing hospitalisation is extremely good news. Again, the people who don't realise this are simply misleading with their own warped agendas at play.

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Isn't the flu vaccine only something like 55% effective?  Hence the need for boosters for folk every year?

Usually 40-60%, though like in 2017/18, can be even lower.

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

from sky news

Sir David King told Sky News: "[There are] 5,300 new cases of the disease per day in the United Kingdom and we're up about 2,000 on last week.

"Now we've been discussing whether or not we're going into a serious third wave and I don't think we can possibly wait any longer. This is the evidence of another wave appearing."

Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world

Around 400 infections a day are among people who have had both vaccines, said Sir David, who is the chair of the Independent Sage He said: "We know that anyone vaccinated twice is relatively safe against the virus.

"But let's not forget one in 25 new cases are people who have been vaccinated twice - that means 400 new cases a day are people who had the vaccine twice."

from my calculator  5300/25 =  212

IE almost half of what this dick is trying to suggest

Not content to make Rangers relevant again, hes now working for independent sage. Poor fcker

Edited by Thereisalight..

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

from sky news

Sir David King told Sky News: "[There are] 5,300 new cases of the disease per day in the United Kingdom and we're up about 2,000 on last week.

"Now we've been discussing whether or not we're going into a serious third wave and I don't think we can possibly wait any longer. This is the evidence of another wave appearing."

Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world

Around 400 infections a day are among people who have had both vaccines, said Sir David, who is the chair of the Independent Sage He said: "We know that anyone vaccinated twice is relatively safe against the virus.

"But let's not forget one in 25 new cases are people who have been vaccinated twice - that means 400 new cases a day are people who had the vaccine twice."

from my calculator  5300/25 =  212

IE almost half of what this dick is trying to suggest

No doubt any correction will be to say one in 13 instead of 1 in 25

I see Glasgow publicans associations are firmly on the alcohol ban / cancel the Fanzone bandwagon. I despair at this country at times !

Fine for them to sell fans alcohol indoors during the games but too dangerous to do it outside on Glasgow Green. f**k right off

51 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Clickbaiting is worth millions to the media industry, a good bait headline will rake in the cash on the advertising on the same page regardless if the actual content is utter drivel. They won't stop because a small number of people are complaining, they are making too much money out of the virus.

This is also how utter rags who constantly spout shite have managed to survive this long.

Yesterday someone mentioned about we are two weeks away from these government advisors opinions being irrelevant. Not if the mainstream media have anything to do with it, its all a cash cow to them.

Fear sells, the media have never been this relevant for years, theyre milking it. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

I see Glasgow publicans associations are firmly on the alcohol ban / cancel the Fanzone bandwagon. I despair at this country at times !

Fine for them to sell fans alcohol indoors during the games but too dangerous to do it outside on Glasgow Green. f**k right off

They'll be more worried about the potential loss of trade if people are going to the fan zone.  I don't think 3000 people in a city the size of Glasgow will make a dent in the number of people going to the pub to watch games though.  He even admitted it in the article.  He comes across as a bit of a fud really.

They'll be more worried about the potential loss of trade if people are going to the fan zone.  I don't think 3000 people in a city the size of Glasgow will make a dent in the number of people going to the pub to watch games though.  He even admitted it in the article.  He comes across as a bit of a fud really.
Try getting a table booking for the better games in a pub, nigh on impossible already. It's pure self preservation under the guise of Covid danger. Some walloper on Radio Scotland there saying the fanzone won't be subject to the same restrictions as pubs are. A total and bare faced lie.

We weren't allowed to trade for months so nothing good should ever be allowed to happen again bitter vibes. What next no open air gigs, no alcohol at Transmit ever again ???

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think it's because every year the flu is a different strain, and the vaccination is given a mild adjustment. I can't remember how they predict I think it's something to do with historical annual data on the strain changes. @djchapsticks might know better

This is pretty much it. Was reading something a while back saying that the 'problem' of there being so few actual flu cases last year means there is a lower chance in achieving decent efficacy in this year's vaccine.

Bear in mind too a vaccine with 'only 55% efficacy' is actually very good. It only seems to be in Covid terms that anything less than 95% efficacy for a vaccine is seen as an overwhelming failure.

13 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
26 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

A hospitality trade group unhappy about hospitality?

Pretty sure they were the ones pushing the food with alcohol when reopening. 

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Writers used to put their names on news articles.

Given the amount of abuse reporters take on social media I can't blame anyone who doesn't any more tbf. I've had all kinds of threats sent to my personal Facebook and Twitter and my girlfriend (who is also a reporter) is the same. 

Anyway, the hospitality bosses need to get a grip in that article. They should use the fanzone to push for more freedoms. This is just counterproductive. 

26 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Is that Adam Finn boy on his jollies in Portugal? What an absolute belter if so.

Who's that on the bottom right? Whoever this media-shy person is, I'm guessing this is her first time on TV talking about the virus and can only assume that she is taking a sensible middle-road approach.

I heard the hospitality guy on radio. His argument was that fanzones will mean a breakout of cases, and Glasgow back to level 3. He was quite hysterical about it. 
Yip and twice he said Glasgow Green will be "rammed" with "little or no control" yet the interverviewer never took him to task on it. He then brought the bold Leitch into it saying he hoped he would do "the right thing" and stop it. Bitter twat.