Coronavirus (COVID-19)

54 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Glasgow Live posted about the covid numbers earlier and the comments are ludicrous. The Lovejoy types saying we'll be back in lockdown due to the Euros and blaming Rangers fans for this despite the fact the "Indian varient" was already here by then. It truly astounds me how many folk on these pages are actively wanting another lockdown and to live with restrictions. Just why would you? 

They are the same absolute no-marks who share posts about missing dogs from cities 600 miles away and are probably deeply hurt when their Facebook post of "STAY SAFE!!!" only gets about 6 likes. 

I doubt the Glasgow Live Facebook page is the natural home of middle class pearl clutchers. 

A reflection of the scare stories in the media coupled with judgy people of all descriptions looking to take the moral highground is more like it. 

Edited by Michael W

Mrs turned up 15 minutes early for hers and they wouldn’t let her in for 5 minutes, despite the place being deid.
No harm him either chancing his arm or rescheduling though.
Wasn't the Ally McCoist Centre at East Kilbride by any chance?

Did my bit for the Edinburgh economy by staying in a hotel, going for a meal and drinking as much booze as possible on Friday, was quite sad how empty Milnes was but Indigo yard was pretty full looking from what I can recall.

As I've only had one doze of AZ then I look at it as field work to see if the mischievous Delta variant has picked me out as a valid target.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

IMO its the main factor,  But your point does ring true in some circumstances.  A family friend wont even visit her own daughter even tho she is double vaxed,   she is too worried that her son in law being out working will bring home a bad variant. It is desperately sad to see. 

Some people have been absolutely broken by this. They’ll be absolutely terrified of going outside for the rest of their days.

Deepti Gurdasani on radio currently. First question “do you think the vaccination programme has broken the link between cases and hospitalisations?”.

”No, I think that we will see a huge surge in hospitalisations and they are currently rising exponentially”.

The first part of the above is just blatantly not true, and I’d need to look up the numbers but I don’t think hospitalisations are growing exponentially either. This woman genuinely needs locked up for the lies and fear she continues to spread.

8 hours ago, ddfg said:
11 hours ago, anotherchance said:
Mrs turned up 15 minutes early for hers and they wouldn’t let her in for 5 minutes, despite the place being deid.
No harm him either chancing his arm or rescheduling though.

Wasn't the Ally McCoist Centre at East Kilbride by any chance?

Was Ravenscraig mate.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Deepti Gurdasani on radio currently. First question “do you think the vaccination programme has broken the link between cases and hospitalisations?”.

”No, I think that we will see a huge surge in hospitalisations and they are currently rising exponentially”.

The first part of the above is just blatantly not true, and I’d need to look up the numbers but I don’t think hospitalisations are growing exponentially either. This woman genuinely needs locked up for the lies and fear she continues to spread.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, she's flat out lying. 

Link

Presumably she ain't referring to Scotland as no exponential growth here in the last week it's gone from 108 to 116 and ICU dead level at 8.

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Presumably she ain't referring to Scotland as no exponential growth here in the last week it's gone from 108 to 116 and ICU dead level at 8.

She was, and as I thought, is just lying through her teeth. Unbelievable these charlatans are allowed to come on and just straight up lie without consequence.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
28 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It's one of the things about the media that's boiled my piss through all this. "Exponentially" doesn't mean 'a lot' or 'very fast'. Something could increase very slowly and still be growing exponentially.

18 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The SG are a fucking disgrace with the way they treat football fans in this country. 

Wonder if food and drinks will be available at the British and Irish Lions game at Murrayfield later this month. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tennents offering pints to fans in the street.

I've had no side effects whatsoever from my second jag of AZ. Had it on Saturday and other than a bit of a sore arm where the needle went in absolutely nothing - no tiredness, nausea, headaches, nothing. Lovely stuff

I checked her timeline, she's a pure rocket always looking for worse case scenario.

I think I probably lost it on @BBCNews today - I seriously can't believe we're still talking about green lists, red lists & having senior UK scientists minimising the threat posed by variants at this point.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to expose children to a novel virus which causes unknown long term impacts in at least 7-8% of children, compared with vaccinating them with vaccines that have been trialled & tested, needs to think again.

Worth pointing out that SAGE predicts a 3rd wave- possibly equal to or exceeding Jan, even with vaccination continuing. Predicted to peak in July. Well before we even start vaccinating children. How many children, teachers & families affected by then?

Talthybius the bearer of bad news.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've had no side effects whatsoever from my second jag of AZ. Had it on Saturday and other than a bit of a sore arm where the needle went in absolutely nothing - no tiredness, nausea, headaches, nothing. Lovely stuff

Yeap. Apparently 10% of people get injected with water, just so they can experiment with the placebo effect etc. 

Not to worry you, but if you get a cough maybe get it checked out 👍

The pain in the arse at the moment as infections rocket, is so many of us double vaxxed are pretty likely to get tagged in the next few weeks for some close contact pish.
Self isolation for us in these circumstances is a waste of time and money.

Round watching the Scotland game at my parents house last night, both in their late 60s, double dunted with Pfizer, and both as thin as rakes and active (gardening/walking the dog).

My mum - 'They need to lock down again soon, if me or your dad get it we'll probably die.'

I just change the subject now when it comes to Covid, i refuse to engage with her on the subject.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Round watching the Scotland game at my parents house last night, both in their late 60s, double dunted with Pfizer, and both as thin as rakes and active (gardening/walking the dog).

My mum - 'They need to lock down again soon, if me or your dad get it we'll probably die.'

I just change the subject now when it comes to Covid, i refuse to engage with her on the subject.

Truly horrible the mindset this has left people with. My aunt is similar to your mum with her view on it. I’m so glad I told my mum about a year ago to stop watching the news and briefings as I’m sure she would have been believing all the fear as well.

Headline: ah shit, that's not good. 

Oh, wait, its not SAGE at all then; it's that Independent SAGE lot again. Why is a pressure group being given equal billing here by our national broadcaster? 

Screenshot_20210607_101806_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Truly horrible the mindset this has left people with. My aunt is similar to your mum with her view on it. I’m so glad I told my mum about a year ago to stop watching the news and briefings as I’m sure she would have been believing all the fear as well.

Yep, she religiously watches any briefings and appears to actually take delight in the case numbers rising.  I stopped short last night of saying 'I think you're actually enjoying this'.  I got up and went for a piss instead.