Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Remember the outrage from The Guardian and their fluffers last year about the outrage over human rights abuses due to the Wuhan lockdown, Trump calling it the China Virus, outrage over the early closure of borders in places, etc. And yet all this has now been normalised because 'public health'.

While not directly comparing, before anyone starts, I did used to always wonder things like how it was actually possible for the Nazi's to do what they did, and how life under the Iron Curtain was the way it was, etc. This whole sorry episode, however, has truly been eye-opening in terms of how people can just abandon all principles and do what they are told without question.

Please excuse my ignorance, but for a country like Thailand that is already largely impoverished and where the economy is essentially tourism, this is clearly not sustainable - so what will actually prevent the country from imploding if this continues?

Tourism is not a major contributor to Thailands GDP, usually around 12%. Thailand is a major manufacturer and exporter and second biggest economy in South East Asia. 

No doubt the decline in tourism will have an effect, but not as much as the incompetent leadership. 

There is enough in their manufacturing maturity for the country not to implode.

Whats the "beer cups in the air" pish from Leitch? Iv been in pubs that have had lager dripping off the ceiling following a shot off target in a qualifier. Does this fucking wretch think a generation of Scotland fans who have never ever witnessed us play tournament football, or older fans who havent had a taste since 98 are going to be offering out the air 5s to the closest household bubble 2 metres away from them if we score [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

If he truly is thick enough to think a Scotland goal isnt going to result in fucking limbs the length and breadth of the Nation, he is entirely too naive and stupid to be in post.

I dont have any plans for any of the games yet, but if I end up in company, strangers and friends alike will be fair game for a slevering, beer soaked pile on.

f**k up Jason ya sad wee VL

I’ll be watching the Czech and Croatian games at my pals and the England game at the 3 sisters in Edinburgh for my pals birthday.

I’d we so much as have a shot on target I’ll be launching pints all over everyone.

I’ll be watching the Czech and Croatian games at my pals and the England game at the 3 sisters in Edinburgh for my pals birthday.

I’d we so much as have a shot on target I’ll be launching pints all over everyone.
Two beers opened/ordered at a time.

A drinking beer (Tennents) and a launchin beer (Carling or some other similar bogwater)

P&B legendary status for anyone who can spray a full Strongbow aqualung F1 style all over wee Jason if Scotland get a corner.

A particular concern is the beer garden apparently - I absolute fucking despise that guy. 

ETA - even if they did cancel the beer garden aspect, everyone would just turn up as late as possible and be smashed. Fucking idiot.

Edited by No_Problemo

A particular concern is the beer garden apparently - I absolute fucking despise that guy. 

ETA - even if they did cancel the beer garden aspect, everyone would just turn up as late as possible and be smashed. Fucking idiot.
Pretty naked disdain for the type of scum who like to have a beer sometimes, and for the uber, superduper scum who combine enjoyment of beer with football.

Murderers, one and all.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I dont understand why 3,000 people in a gigantic field outdoors at allocated picnic tables is receiving so much coverage.

Particularly given you have to wear a mask outside, if you actually want to leave your table! 

3 hours ago, super_carson said:

One thing that breaks me is when I get parents complaing that their kid hasn't had an award yet. They completely omit the fact their kid has spent the term being a wee shite.

Something to mark the end of primary is grand, but given there are no exams to pass the term "graduation" is a stretch at best. I think it's partly due to the age of social media and some parents' obsession with plastering everything Facebook.

They're a nonsense if effort trumps ability. 

2 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Tourism is not a major contributor to Thailands GDP, usually around 12%. Thailand is a major manufacturer and exporter and second biggest economy in South East Asia. 

No doubt the decline in tourism will have an effect, but not as much as the incompetent leadership. 

There is enough in their manufacturing maturity for the country not to implode.

Google suggested 20% of Thai economic activity was tourism-related, which is a fair chunk!

They only generation experiencing any joy is kids. Maybe we should just let them have their fun while it lasts.

Especially when we have collectively presided over a period where them being worse off than us is happening for the first time, and the planet is increasingly fucked in just about every way imaginable.

Maybe indulging them getting a leavers hoodie for going to high is fair enough tbh. Its really not long at that point till the clouds gather for them....

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

They only generation experiencing any joy is kids. Maybe we should just let them have their fun while it lasts.

The manufactured American pish isn't fun for kids, it's about parental bragging rights and one-upmanship.  

Some of the lengths parents goto for their 12 year olds "graduation" is obscene.  It's even worse at secondary school when they have them at 16, 17 and 18.

They're a nonsense if effort trumps ability. 
While I don't believe in an award for everyone regardless, only recognising the "able" one doesn't do anyone any favours.

Would much rather recognise effort, I've taught plenty bright kids who are quite lazy and just coast along.