Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don't think anyone's upset - but they are symptomatic of the US cultural imperialism that has crept upon us.

It's the weekend mate, and I'm 4 minutes away from the 1st beer of the night.  

7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Of course they are, but not worth getting upset over.  

Still raises my hackles when I think about my 30 year old not receiving one in P1. 

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I can understand but there are people who can support you with that

Why would I need support, he was just unfortunate to have a useless bint as his 1st teacher. 

One thing that breaks me is when I get parents complaing that their kid hasn't had an award yet. They completely omit the fact their kid has spent the term being a wee shite.

Something to mark the end of primary is grand, but given there are no exams to pass the term "graduation" is a stretch at best. I think it's partly due to the age of social media and some parents' obsession with plastering everything Facebook.

One thing that breaks me is when I get parents complaing that their kid hasn't had an award yet. They completely omit the fact their kid has spent the term being a wee shite.

Something to mark the end of primary is grand, but given there are no exams to pass the term "graduation" is a stretch at best. I think it's partly due to the age of social media and some parents' obsession with plastering everything Facebook.

It definitely is a Facebook Maw obsession.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Anyone that takes joy from anything needs to get in the sea!

Unless, of course, they enjoy open-water swimming. They should jump into a volcano.

18 hours ago, Detournement said:

Lab leak is realistic though.

Covid turning up randomly right outside the lab where they do experiments making Corona viruses more dangerous is a bit of a stretch.

The letter which said Covid 19 was 100% not man made has been debunked. There is no evidence that it didn't come from the lab. Occam's Razor is that this is a Chernobyl, Challenger, Thousand Mile Island, Deepwater Horizon style human error rather than a huge coincidence with the lab being at the epicenter but unconnected. 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

If it's down to gain of function research going wrong then it should be binned. 

Why do you think lab leak shouldn't be considered?

Applying Occam's Razor does not lead to the conclusion that a lab leak is the cause, as opposed to a further example of bats which have came into contact with a human population shedding a virus which has then began to circulate in humans, as has already happened several times in recent years with Nipah, Ebola, SARS and MERS.

For someone fond of playing the 'wake up sheeple!!!111!!' card when it comes to the motivations of Western governments and economic organisations, you're oddly keen to accept a baseless theory which allows all the blame to go to the perfidious Chinese and their dastardly incompetence. Of course there's no benefit to those sinister bodies you love to speculate about in pinning this on a lab leak, allowing them to spout thinly veiled racism about how all these Asians just need to be more like the sensible West and adopt our safety standards or stop meddling with things that only developed, enlightened nations should concern themselves with.

Whereas, if it's accepted that it is indeed yet another case of zoonotic spillover from bats, they get an inconvenient focus on how the global economy and especially deforestation with destruction of natural bat habitats keep causing it and what should be changed as a result.

I'd be suprised if "hundreds" of kids in other LA's are isolating. I've not heard of big dirty Glasgow weans isolating in their hundreds right now but I may be wrong 
Whit ! A very quick Google search throws up umpteen schools with up to 60 at a time isolating all over Scotland in the last week alone There is zero incidence here of South Ayrshire doing anything different when in comes to isolation rules, that isn't their decision to make so by extension in this instance South Ayrshire have not "shit the bed".

You just need to look at Travelling Tabby to see there are hundreds of school age kids testing positive every day. Each individual positive case is followed up by track and trace and identified contacts asked to isolate. You can call bullshit on that as a policy but to say South Ayrshire schools are shitting the bed implies they are doing this in isolation. It will be happening in umpteen schools daily up and down the country.

The seethe about the fanzone from the Lovejoys is glorious. f**k only knows what they’ll be like once grounds start filling up again.
Absolutely. Leitch again doubling down on "we are not talking beer cups in the air if Scotland score" again too this weekend. You are absolutely right Jason, it won't be just when Scotland score it will be virtually every goal in every game.

I'm convinced the egg chasing p***k has no idea of the concept of a fanzone. It will have loads of Poles on days Poland play, Czechs on Czech games, English on England days etc. This won't be hampers out the back of the Range Rover on the back pitches at Murrayfield no matter how much he thinks it will be.

32 minutes ago, super_carson said:

The removal of prom last two years should be permanent! American crap.

Was commenting to a work colleague how busy Renfrew Road in Paisley is just now and put it down to the roadworks and new M&S food hall opening. 

They said they had passed around the town about 2 hours previous and the traffic contribution is because the Lagoon was absolutely heaving with people dropping in for vaccines as its now a 'just show up and get the jag' centre on a Saturday. 

Can only be a good thing. 

39 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Applying Occam's Razor does not lead to the conclusion that a lab leak is the cause, as opposed to a further example of bats which have came into contact with a human population shedding a virus which has then began to circulate in humans, as has already happened several times in recent years with Nipah, Ebola, SARS and MERS.

For someone fond of playing the 'wake up sheeple!!!111!!' card when it comes to the motivations of Western governments and economic organisations, you're oddly keen to accept a baseless theory which allows all the blame to go to the perfidious Chinese and their dastardly incompetence. Of course there's no benefit to those sinister bodies you love to speculate about in pinning this on a lab leak, allowing them to spout thinly veiled racism about how all these Asians just need to be more like the sensible West and adopt our safety standards or stop meddling with things that only developed, enlightened nations should concern themselves with.

Whereas, if it's accepted that it is indeed yet another case of zoonotic spillover from bats, they get an inconvenient focus on how the global economy and especially deforestation with destruction of natural bat habitats keep causing it and what should be changed as a result.

There have been no discoveries of bats with Covid-19 so it's different to SARS and MERS which can be directly linked to certain animals. 

The lab leak theory seems less racist than the wet market theory tbh and isn't any different from safety failures like Chernobyl or Deepwater. It also doesn't solely blame China or Asians as the USA was funding all this research. There have been multiple instances of viruses escaping labs in the west so again not just China. 

Again the main possibilities are human error in every day safety processes during Gain of Function research. Or an astonishingly rare mutation happening right outside the Gain of Function lab. 

Edited by Detournement

Going to be amazing banter if Biden takes the results of the CIA investigation and blames China for the virus.  Then he pushes ahead with massive infrastructure spending.  He's out Trumping Trump.  Maybe he could build a wall along the Mexican border.

Under 30, no underlying conditions, didn't register. Vaccination letter through the door for my first jab on Wednesday.

Must be battering through folk in Perth now?

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I honestly thought you were about 50 by the state of your posts

I'm young, but just incredibly boring.

Under 30, no underlying conditions, didn't register. Vaccination letter through the door for my first jab on Wednesday.
Must be battering through folk in Perth now?

When I was volunteering back in March they’d a notice in Dewars stating over 20,000 first doses given. This was the end of March.

Probably helps Perth does have an older population but as you say can only be a good thing.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

When I was volunteering back in March they’d a notice in Dewars stating over 20,000 first doses given. This was the end of March.

Probably helps Perth does have an older population but as you say can only be a good thing.

My bosses are in their early 50s and have both been double dosed aswell, so guess the 40s are close to their 2nd jab aswell?

Could be in a really strong place come August if U30s are double jabbed.