Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Having a case rate 9x the Welsh is a bit much, even with the ICU figure below 10.

Given the way cases in Angus have increased, I find it hard to believe that Aberdeen(shire) won't follow the same way in the next 7-10 days.

Edited by O_Kahn

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Did we ever get an answer as to how many children are in hospital with Covid? 

The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health said there had been no sign of an increase, and that the kids who tested positive were largely in for other reasons already.  No idea why Humza Yousaf chose to come out with that stuff.

I don't see us going backwards in terms of tiers in the next few months but I fully expect some sort of restrictions on certain aspects of our lives come flu season, potentially with some sort of 'grace period' for the week between Christmas and New Year. 

The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health said there had been no sign of an increase, and that the kids who tested positive were largely in for other reasons already.  No idea why Humza Yousaf chose to come out with that stuff.
He presumably didnt think he would get rumbled talking absolute shite, and knew there would be no consequences if he did.

The vaccines we use now were first tested on people last summer

Apparently these test subjects are still showing resistance to the virus which shows these are largely effective for at least a year

Put unnecessary foreign travel in the bin for a year if you have to until the rest of the world catches up but f**k me, let us live our lives now 

Clownshoes said earlier, in his usual hapless tone, that we're going straight from double dosing everyone into boosters.

There absolutely needs to be a line in the sand, and the idea that it's just going to be a rolling vaccination programme until f**k knows when, suggests there's going to be no such line in the sand.

19 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Mostly because he isn't very good and has been put in a role where he's put his depth. 

It's what happens when the top jobs are allocated by demonstrated loyalty to the party/leader. A depressingly common occurrence. 

In normal times you can pass health off a bit as a place where you've succeeded in the role if you manage to avoid pissing off too many people in the NHS. In these times that just doesn't cut the mustard. 

Edited by Michael W

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

He presumably didnt think he would get rumbled talking absolute shite, and knew there would be no consequences if he did.

Promoted well beyond his capabilities. 

12 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The vaccines we use now were first tested on people last summer

Apparently these test subjects are still showing resistance to the virus which shows these are largely effective for at least a year

Put unnecessary foreign travel in the bin for a year if you have to until the rest of the world catches up but f**k me, let us live our lives now 

If the vaccines work then there is zero justification for binning travel. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

So basically

Weans

Parents of weans 

People out working

People who haven't been vaccinated yet

Yip, pretty much on the ball Marshmallo, the evidence is hitting us right in the face that the vaccines are work well in fact extremely well.

So the vaccines work for a year, and counting, they smoke the variants, most of the cases are in the age ranges who are currently taking up the vaccines, and further immunity will be gained by however many (it might not be high but its more than the zero anyone previously accounted for) 12 to 15 year olds get it...

Im genuinely at a loss why they dont incentivise the vaccines by saying, if vaccine uptake remains high, then this is fucking over in weeks. Not this mewling, patronising, "we're not giving in" pish I hear on the radio, just give it straight. Every restriction gone as long as folk turn up. Thats the target, thats the only reason anyone below 40 is bothering.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

So basically

Weans

Parents of weans 

People out working

People who haven't been vaccinated yet

Change it to cases per 100k, basically 15-19 and 20-25 are twice the amount of 25-44, and 25x those aged 65+.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very widespread,mate.

Wife and I have been totally anti lockdown right from the start.

Our view was always -‘we’ll take our chances’.

Fortunately, all our family are similarly minded and we’ve not adhered to any of the rules other than having to wearing masks for shops.

Its now becoming very wearing mentally as were both fully vaxed. What more can we do?

Time for a revolution.

tenor-7.gif

Just now, Bairnardo said:

So the vaccines work for a year, and counting, they smoke the variants, most of the cases are in the age ranges who are currently taking up the vaccines, and further immunity will be gained by however many (it might not be high but its more than the zero anyone previously accounted for) 12 to 15 year olds get it...

Im genuinely at a loss why they dont incentivise the vaccines by saying, if vaccine uptake remains high, then this is fucking over in weeks. Not this mewling, patronising, "we're not giving in" pish I hear on the radio, just give it straight. Every restriction gone as long as folk turn up. Thats the target, thats the only reason anyone below 40 is bothering.

For probably the only time in my life I actually agree with you.

Surely we should now be vaccinating 24/7?

I know trained vaccinators who are not being fully utilised.

Its so obvious!

I'm hoping for the travel restrictions being completely lifted at some point this year. I haven't seen my dad in person for nearly 2 years now with him living in SEA and the quarantine rules right now mean it's not a feasible trip for either of us. It's been far too long.