Coronavirus (COVID-19)

54 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Fair enough that is a bit dodgy sounding. I personally just leave my phone and laptop on the table and don’t bother looking at them unless on call, but appreciate that some people aren’t comfortable doing that or are pressured into checking it. 

There will be plenty of folk whose employers simply see it as the natural direction of travel and let it run. They are obviously the lucky ones. 

The bbc however have had plenty examples of running interference on this on behalf of the govt or big business. That article just seems to be set up as telling folk the grass isnt always greener, but if they still want it, be prepared to accept the terms... a pre emptive "well your the ones that asked for this" job. 

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Looking at travelling Tabby, 50-54 is 41% double dosed and 55-59 is 61% double dosed so aye, 50% of 50-60 needing a second dose looks about right.

The figures mess with my brain but that's probably down to me being shite at maths/not properly understanding the English written in front of me. Travelling Tabby has 48.1% of all Scottish adults having received their second dose, which has me asking how 50% of adults over 50 can still be needing done. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

The figures mess with my brain but that's probably down to me being shite at maths/not properly understanding the English written in front of me. Travelling Tabby has 48.1% of all Scottish adults having received their second dose, which has me asking how 50% of adults over 50 can still be needing done. 

It's 50% of adults between 50 and 59 years old.

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Who is taking all these tests?

I don't see the mobile testing units any more and haven't heard about anyone isolating for ages.

Folk taking lateral flow tests at home and then reporting them through some app? :unsure:

Just now, The Moonster said:

It's not 50% of over 50s though is it. It's 50% of those aged 50-59. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Those graphs back him up.

25% over 60 not double vaccinated and roughly 50% of 50-59 year olds.

'25% over 60 had one dose' is not the same thing as '25% over 60 not double vaccinated' though.

Doesn't matter anyway, I understood eventually the point he was trying to make.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Looks like I was looking at a day or two old TT chart. The 60-64 bracket has changed slightly at least, which is good news. 18% is much better than 25%. 

Will still be broadly 50% in the 50-60 range though. 

It has still been worded really poorly and it made it easy to confuse what you were getting at. 

You said 25% 'have one dose' when that's clearly not the case. Had you said 25% were still awaiting a second dose, that would have made far more sense.

Either way, look at case numbers, hospitalisations, deaths. Comparatively very, very few cases are coming from these demographics, be they single dosed or doubled dosed. Yet this demographic is where most people are still dying. Just goes to show that no vaccine is 100% effective and this should back that narrative up clearly.

The majority is coming from younger groups, groups where a lot less people have even had their first jags.

1.JPG.916b76df3640a5a77b8ed6d8d3d76bb8.JPG

2.JPG.11d25f2f35d36d672d76327999e5e88c.JPG

3.JPG.87c701d59bab1d4b4005c5ea65c057c3.JPG

16 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

There's a lot of surge testing ongoing in Glasgow due to outbreaks. Renfrewshire had some too. 

I presume it also counts Lateral flow tests people take at home. 

Kirklandneuk primary in renfrew has a sizeable outbreak, kids sent home with lateral flows..but I don't think they are counted, just the PCR ones.

25-44 is some age range for hospitalisations. Would be good to see a further breakdown as I imagine far more towards the 40s than 20s for those cases.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The majority is coming from younger groups, groups where a lot less people have even had their first jags

The highest 3 rates rates per 100k have been 20-24, then 15-19 and 0-14. Suspect getting to the end of June when schools pack up will help the situation. 

I’m not antivax, I just think it should be a personal choice what people chose to do. Nobody should care who has been vaccinated. As long as you have then we shouldn’t worry about those who aren’t. Let them live with the consequences to themselves 
Governments and decision makers should just let the anti vaxxers get on with it and get rid of restrictions. They were brought in to stop the nhs getting “overwhelmed” and to stop deaths. Neither is happening so there is no need for restrictions. Keeping them in place incase somebody who hasn’t had a vaccine gets a cough and has to lie low for a few days is a complete abuse of power. 
Personally I'd go all Dictatorship on those folk brainless enough to refuse a vaccine and let the c***s suffer at home if they were to catch Covid rather than use NHS resources. That of course won't happen though.
Who is taking all these tests?
I don't see the mobile testing units any more and haven't heard about anyone isolating for ages.
I have to take two a week. I expect there will be other industries having to do similar.

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Kirklandneuk primary in renfrew has a sizeable outbreak, kids sent home with lateral flows..but I don't think they are counted, just the PCR ones.

There has been home PCR testing done in G41 too. Didn't realise the LFT don't count but makes sense. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Went to Ikea this morning for the first time in 18 months. Now, shopping at Ikea is a nightmare at the best of times, but today was beyond parody. 

Straight away we were stopped at the red traffic light system at the door, because 3 people went in in front of us. If the red light wasn't enough, you had a girl there specifically to shout 'STOP' when the light goes on. 

There must have been a thousand hand sanitising stations in the damn place, despite the fact that it's now proven that the virus barely transmits on hard surfaces. All staff at kitchen departments are hidden away behind hard plastic screens, with masks on, so you can't hear them and they can't hear you. Every little show area has massive signs saying 'ONLY 1 PERSON/FAMILY UNIT ALLOWED IN HERE', and hilariously, they've taken away the wee pencils that you could use/steal. 

To top it all, and something that boiled ma piss, was the fact that to get a CUP OF FUCKING COFFEE, you had to reserve online for a time slot in the restaurant. We turned up at the entrance not knowing this, and were promptly given the bum's rush by the Ikea gauleiterin because we hadn't booked a slot. There were a hundred free tables, but she wanted us to stand there, reserve a table with my phone, fill in the track & trace, and then be shown to a table.....for a coffee. 

Away and f**k. 

When will this insanity stop ? Will places like Ikea continue for this with years, all because of 'just in case' ? Will people continue to put up with this, as if it's normal ?

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Personally I'd go all Dictatorship on those folk brainless enough to refuse a vaccine and let the c***s suffer at home if they were to catch Covid rather than use NHS resources. That of course won't happen though. I have to take two a week. I expect there will be other industries having to do similar.

I definitely agree that those unvaccinated should just get on with it of they get it. The ones I know not getting vaccinated are young so I doubt theyd need hospital treatment in the first place tbh 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

Went to Ikea this morning for the first time in 18 months. Now, shopping at Ikea is a nightmare at the best of times, but today was beyond parody. 

Straight away we were stopped at the red traffic light system at the door, because 3 people went in in front of us. If the red light wasn't enough, you had a girl there specifically to shout 'STOP' when the light goes on. 

There must have been a thousand hand sanitising stations in the damn place, despite the fact that it's now proven that the virus barely transmits on hard surfaces. All staff at kitchen departments are hidden away behind hard plastic screens, with masks on, so you can't hear them and they can't hear you. Every little show area has massive signs saying 'ONLY 1 PERSON/FAMILY UNIT ALLOWED IN HERE', and hilariously, they've taken away the wee pencils that you could use/steal. 

To top it all, and something that boiled ma piss, was the fact that to get a CUP OF FUCKING COFFEE, you had to reserve online for a time slot in the restaurant. We turned up at the entrance not knowing this, and were promptly given the bum's rush by the Ikea gauleiterin because we hadn't booked a slot. There were a hundred free tables, but she wanted us to stand there, reserve a table with my phone, fill in the track & trace, and then be shown to a table.....for a coffee. 

Away and f**k. 

When will this insanity stop ? Will places like Ikea continue for this with years, all because of 'just in case' ? Will people continue to put up with this, as if it's normal ?

I had to Glasgow yesterday for work related business. It was a fcking nightmare when I ventured into St Enoch etc. So regimented with one way systems and folk looking aghast if you dared step over the line to get to a shop. I was never a fan of shopping at the best of times but this is just an absolute ball ache now

One of the newly brainwashed antivaxxers at my work is deep in a MLM and claims her tablets boost your immune system.

Absolutely not a coincidence,

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Away and f**k. 

Ikea now do click and collect. f**k actually going in!