Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

This only makes sense if those who remain unvaccinated are the only ones who have to live with the consequences. For vaccination to work requires a herd immunity to be built up.

I think uptake levels have been about 90%. More than enough for herd immunity plus those vulnerable and  elderly will be safe. I really don’t care if some 20 or 30 year old who chooses not to have a vaccine gets a cough

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not antivax, I just think it should be a personal choice what people chose to do. Nobody should care who has been vaccinated. As long as you have then we shouldn’t worry about those who aren’t. Let them live with the consequences to themselves 

This is all well and good in a world where there are no ongoing restrictions on livelihoods or businesses.

If people were allowed to go about their business without fear of restriction, then I'm sure most of us wouldn't give a monkeys whether a minority of folk are refusing to be vaccinated. However, the prospect of these moon-howlers and their shite actively holding us back from getting back to normal in order to protect them and their ignorance will quite justifiably stir up some negative emotions in people.

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

if you say so,   i'm a bit of a worrier by nature,  if i was on furlough and hence my job was on life support then i'd probably have an uneasy feeling the longer it dragged on

i done plenty of cycling and walking during lockdown 1 untill the mrs got on my case about spending "quality time" which was her language for spending a quality cash in the house and garden in the absence of holidays and going out . 

Folk who work for shit wages in a restaurant are probably quite happy not having to deal with wankers every day though and still get the money they need to pay bills. You can't just extrapolate your own circumstances or feelings across everyone else. Similarly, not everyone has a partner looking to burn a hole in their pocket. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

This is all well and good in a world where there are no ongoing restrictions on livelihoods or businesses.

If people were allowed to go about their business without fear of restriction, then I'm sure most of us wouldn't give a monkeys whether a minority of folk are refusing to be vaccinated. However, the prospect of these moon-howlers and their shite actively holding us back from getting back to normal in order to protect them and their ignorance will quite justifiably stir up some negative emotions in people.

Governments and decision makers should just let the anti vaxxers get on with it and get rid of restrictions. They were brought in to stop the nhs getting “overwhelmed” and to stop deaths. Neither is happening so there is no need for restrictions. Keeping them in place incase somebody who hasn’t had a vaccine gets a cough and has to lie low for a few days is a complete abuse of power. 

37 minutes ago, Elric said:

Sturgeon at FMQ - "we're in the foothills of a third wave" .

Man the barricades and pull down the shutters you just know what is going to happen again this autumn/winter.

We should just chuck it all if thats the kinda shite shes hitting out with. Absolutely fucking desperate to avoid opening up. 

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not antivax, I just think it should be a personal choice what people chose to do. Nobody should care who has been vaccinated. As long as you have then we shouldn’t worry about those who aren’t. Let them live with the consequences to themselves 

Doesnt work when we’ve all got to live with restrictions. 

Governments and decision makers should just let the anti vaxxers get on with it and get rid of restrictions. They were brought in to stop the nhs getting “overwhelmed” and to stop deaths. Neither is happening so there is no need for restrictions. Keeping them in place incase somebody who hasn’t had a vaccine gets a cough and has to lie low for a few days is a complete abuse of power. 
It's becoming increasingly clear restrictions are not going to be fully lifted until at least all adults are double dosed which will allegedly be done by end September. Given the travel news today and the furlough talk I really can't see any optimism for removal ahead of that. We can shout repeatedly about it but it has zero effect on the powers that be. Getting Hope's up that it's going to happen at the moment seems like setting yourself up for a sore one.

• 835 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 31,841 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 2.8% of these were positive
  • 4 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 8 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 110 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 3,305,812 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,137,618 have received their second dose

cases keep going up but huge numbers of testing keeps positivity level

hospitals down slightly

ICU also down BUT..

looks like they all left in a box 

cigars ? - 50/50

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't think Sturgeon and Gove's comments are unrelated. Another winter of lockdown is pencilled in.

There is absolutely no justification for yet another lockdown. Vaccines are working and very few people are dying or getting seriously ill. As I said yesterday 5 million people could get covid but unless folk are dying or in ICU for it then they can’t have another lockdown. It just won’t happen

4 new deaths is unfortunate to see. But other than that, very high case numbers and no real change to hospital/ICU numbers so that's a positive. Vaccines at work.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's becoming increasingly clear restrictions are not going to be fully lifted until at least all adults are double dosed which will allegedly be done by end September. Given the travel news today and the furlough talk I really can't see any optimism for removal ahead of that. We can shout repeatedly about it but it has zero effect on the powers that be. Getting Hope's up that it's going to happen at the moment seems like setting yourself up for a sore one.

As I’ve said repeatedly once the elderly and vulnerable were double dosed that should have been an end to restrictions. It sounds scunnersome how they’re getting away with fcking people’s mental health and livelihoods 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57314814

More cause for concern IMO at the tail end of this article for those who want to WFH.

Once again, I think a lot of people who have no idea about, or are dismissive of the need for a Union are well into the process of inviting the fox into the henhouse.

Which bit of the article is it you found concerning?

Which bit of the article is it you found concerning?
Specifically this bit....

But companies and lawyers have raised doubts over whether the right to disconnect is feasible at a time when many employees are themselves asking for flexible working

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Specifically this bit....

But companies and lawyers have raised doubts over whether the right to disconnect is feasible at a time when many employees are themselves asking for flexible working

Fair enough that is a bit dodgy sounding. I personally just leave my phone and laptop on the table and don’t bother looking at them unless on call, but appreciate that some people aren’t comfortable doing that or are pressured into checking it. 

Late 20's & got my first dose of Pfizer the other day via the magic blue letter received a day or a few days before they opened up the online registration. Nae side effects bar a bit of occasional discomfort in my arm.

Raging I never got a lollipop for being a big brave boy & taking the jab with no issue.

Edited by GNU_Linux

17 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:
  • 835 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 31,841 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 2.8% of these were positive
  • 4 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 8 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 110 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 3,305,812 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,137,618 have received their second dose

cases keep going up but huge numbers of testing keeps positivity level

hospitals down slightly

ICU also down BUT..

looks like they all left in a box 

cigars ? - 50/50

Looks like the third highest daily tests ever so the media need to keep this in context.